Thread: Term Limits ?????

Term Limits ?????

Why are you and the other "Elected officials" not addressing the true cost to tax payers ????????????????:
    4 year terms will change the fringe benefits packages for all those concerned? It seems that what is going to happen is if terms are changed, every person who passes their fifth year of "Service" would then be able to get a state pension benefit plan. Why not show the cost of present personal benefits they are ( or will be) eligible for, along with NEW YORK STATE pensions-- then let the people vote.
    I believe they would and are eligible to choose from what's called " a menu" of benefits. As I understand it they can have any benefit (insurance,health-care and so on.) county employees receive.
    They cry about the working mans wages, then work "part time" and receive executive level benefits for life with just "5 years service."The control board froze wages and refuse to negotiate unless employees give something up first- what about the wages and benefits of the Legislators and Control boards?
    Calling it "Term Limits" doesnt hide the truth- it's a hidden "Benefits Grab."

Try floating that by the job starved residents of Erie County!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to SUWNY! Please only post threads in one place.

Why hide or remove benefits question?

Quote Originally Posted by yokes
    Welcome to SUWNY! Please only post threads in one place.
    Just wondering why my question to all County Legislators about their benefits/entitlements was removed by you? Dont you believe the taxpayers should know?

Truth will set you free!

I appreciate your open interaction.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

because you posted the same post in multiple areas of the board, when one would have sufficed.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by yokes
    because you posted the same post in multiple areas of the board, when one would have sufficed.
    Sir,
    Why do you feel the issue of taxpayer funded benefits/entitlements for elected officials should be subdued. You remove it from others pages- maybe its an issue that some would like to remain a mystery.

You yourself have avoided any attempt at an answer! WHY!

It would seem to me and others you are trying to avoid this issue coming to light.

Why can you sensor the question or information flow on this "OPEN PUBLIC SITE."? Why are you shielding other legislators from publicly answering this question?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248
    It would seem to me and others you are trying to avoid this issue coming to light.

Why can you sensor the question or information flow on this "OPEN PUBLIC SITE."? Why are you shielding other legislators from publicly answering this question?
    Sir, There is a huge discussion on this issue in the Erie county section of the board so please check your paranoia at the door.
    Feel free to join in with your thoughts and opinions. You will find the thread here: http://forums.speakupwny.com/showthread.php?t=8233

Sir,
    Why do you feel the issue of taxpayer funded benefits/entitlements for elected officials should be subdued. You remove it from others pages- maybe its an issue that some would like to remain a mystery.

You yourself have avoided any attempt at an answer! WHY!
    He didn't subdue anything, common sense would dictate him removing this post if he was. Again please check your paranoia at the door. This is an open discussion forum.

he told you quit clearly:

you posted the same post in multiple areas of the board

Do you need me to further break down the meaning of his statement or did you just fail to read it?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

none of your content was deleted or subdued. I even pm'd you on where would be a better place to put your post to get the most views. If you would have posted "Yokes is great" 20 times all but one of them would have been deleted as well. The wonder of the code in the boards is that any post you put up will show up as unread until marked read by the user, thus the need to only post once.

Cool Taxpayers foot the bill !

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Sir, There is a huge discussion on this issue in the Erie county section of the board so please check your paranoia at the door.
    Feel free to join in with your thoughts and opinions. You will find the thread here: http://forums.speakupwny.com/showthread.php?t=8233

He didn't subdue anything, common sense would dictate him removing this post if he was. Again please check your paranoia at the door.
    he told you quit clearly:

Do you need me to further break down the meaning of his statement or did you just fail to read it?
    SIR?

I guess your right- There is a discussion at the link/page you posted. But as in the past - neither you or they answered or even pretended to address the cost of "BENEFITS/ENTITLEMENTS for office holders and the yearly or life time cost to the taxpayers!"

The same question was placed there and no Dollar amounts shown or acknowledged to date.

Steven - try and put your attitude in check and stick to the issues.Anger is usually due to ego or guilt issues .Which are you dealing with?>

Thanks for stimulating this issue.
    Remember, "This is an open discussion forum" as you stated.

SIR?

I guess your right- There is a discussion at the link/page you posted. But as in the past - neither you or they answered or even pretended to address the cost of "BENEFITS/ENTITLEMENTS for office holders and the yearly or life time cost to the taxpayers!"

The same question was placed there and no Dollar amounts shown or acknowledged to date.

Steven - try and put your attitude in check and stick to the issues.Anger is usually due to ego or guilt issues .Which are you dealing with?>
    LOL, you thought that was me being angry? That was me trying to be polite.

As to your question about:

"the cost of "BENEFITS/ENTITLEMENTS for office holders and the yearly or life time cost to the taxpayers!"

I would suggest you direct that at one of the political folks that post on the board, or even visit the "Free Buffalo" section of the board as those folks do reports on stuff like that and might have that knowledge at hand.

I havent seen your post in that section yet however (and I am not being mean just honest) I will also suggest you dont post in all bold with everything underlined. That is seen as shouting and rude and a lot of people will not read threads like that.

I take it from the tone of your post that you must think we are somehow connected to government. I can assure you we are not. This board is owned and operated by a local businessman who's only agenda is the free and open discussion of the matters that affect local residents.

Hope that clears things up for you.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

none of your content was deleted or subdued. I even pm'd you on where would be a better place to put your post to get the most views
    Don't PM this clown, he'll make it public.

Thread Information