Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An Inconvenient Truth Premiere & Discussion Friday 6/16

An Inconvenient Truth Premiere & Discussion Friday 6/16

This Friday (June 16th) is the Buffalo premiere of Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth".

For anyone even remotely concerned about the issue of climate change, Gore's movie is pretty much a must-see.

You can purchase tickets in advance by clicking this link.

I'll be going to the 7pm screening, as will many members of the WNY Coalition for Progress. Immediately after that screening, we'll hold a general meeting and post-movie discussion forum at Bobby McGee's next door.

That discussion and meeting will probably kick off around 8:45 pm. So:

What: Movie Screening of "An Inconvenient Truth" and General Meeting/Discussion
    When: Friday June 16th, Movie at 7:00 pm and General Meeting at 8:45 pm
    Where: Movie: Dipson's Amherst Theatre, 3500 Main Street, Buffalo, General meeting: Bobby McGee's, also 3500 Main Street, Buffalo.

Please sign up and RSVP through meetup, so we can get an approximate headcount.

This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Unregistered
    Looks interesting. I'll see you there Pundit

I don't understand ...

If this is an urgent crisis, why he didn't do something about it while he was vice-president of the most powerful country on Earth for 8 years?

Buffy & Dave are going...

ummm, b/c it wasn't that urgent 8 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I don't understand ...

If this is an urgent crisis, why he didn't do something about it while he was vice-president of the most powerful country on Earth for 8 years?
    He tried. But people didn't take it seriously then, and the administration denies that climate change exists today.

moonshine
    But people didn't take it seriously then
    Thankfully nothing has changed. It's still the same load of crap it was 8 years ago.

Well, I wonder........ for instance on Channel 2 News the other day they were clamoring on how global warming and the increase in CO2 has resulted in an over abundance of poison ivy......as an aside, the "botanist" stated that all flora was growing in over abundance. Well, harkening back to my ill advised Pre-Med days, I seem to remember that plants converted CO2 into 02. So, isn't that sort of a natural balancing?

Frankly, the real issue isn't pollution per se, but rather extreme over-population (to which I have contributed my share) which breeds, at an exponential rate, pollution.....
    "The horror........The horror..........."

The theory of global warming caused by man is a farce that there is not one shred of viable evidence for.
    Is the globe warming? Maybe. Yet again it could just be a natural balancing act that occurs every so many years.
    Many science publications of late have just flat out called the Gore project an absolute lie and myth without basis in fact.
    The available data on climate change is no more then 100 years old and barely accurate. Without extrapolative information collected for thousands of years, there is not one scientific way to make global warming claims that are even close to probable.
    Making a quantum leap from warm weather to global warming is just that; a leap.
    Fact global warming leads to an increase in the ice caps of both N and S poles.
    I would like to know from all you "man causes global warming" theorists, what do you do about volcanoes which spew more CO2 into the atmosphere in one eruption than all of mankind has since the industrial revolution?

Well, that's sort of the point of seeing the movie, isn't it? To see what the other side's evidence is?

But if you're already convinced of one side and you refuse to hear the other, then there's no sense in even discussing it, really.

moonshine
    But if you're already convinced of one side and you refuse to hear the other, then there's no sense in even discussing it, really.
    Refuse to hear the other side's arguments? How could any human with a pulse NOT hear the other side's arguments? Every day we are reminded by the media how evil the human race is and we should all move back to caves before the Earth gets really mad and explodes.

I love the global warning prophets. They're a hysterical bunch that offer some needed comedy relief.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit
    Well, that's sort of the point of seeing the movie, isn't it? To see what the other side's evidence is?

See the funny part is there is NO EVIDENCE of man made global warming.
    That is why you can not discuss this issue with one shred of factual evidence. There is none.

Buffy stating that global warming was not an issue 8 years ago has not followed the news much. In the late seventies and eighties that was all we heard about. It is only an issue if political hay can be made from it. Nothing more.

The movie should be titled - "An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore still wants to be President"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ecology.gif 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	761

Here is something from back in the day, the glorious 1970's.....Funny how we never see this flying anymore............
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Buffy stating that global warming was not an issue 8 years ago has not followed the news much.
    I was joking, hence the

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit

That's part of the reason I'm going.

I'm not a member of Al Gore's fan club, but I really don't see the harm in watching a movie. If you've ever attended one of Pundits discussions, you'd see how well he presents the issue.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information