Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lackawanna Council Debate

Talked to a real good friend of mine who works in city hall and is a comitteeman for the democrats.He said all parties including Democrats knew about debate well before hand and that the Democratic Chairman and the Republican Chairman worked together to end this thing. They did not want their candidates answering questions and getting "slammed" specifically by Ms.Haxton and Mr.Mulqueen.What a joke I thought to myself.Number one why is the Republican Chairman dealing with the democrats and two why are these guys afraid to answer questions and three why are they afraid of Ms.Haxton and Mr.Mulqueen.The answer to number one is they are obviously connected at the hip. The answer to number two is they will not answer any questions whatsoever even if legit because they would not have had the mayor or council president there to help them.The answer to number three is because these candidiates obviously will tell it like it is.I believe that the city hall network is crumbling by all the crap they have done over the years people are finally beginning to figure these guys out.I hope on tuesday people will remember this and do the right thing.

Talking Wow!

Ha Ha Ha ! I guess I will grab my sling shot and go for a walk down Ridge Road!
    p.s. There were more cookies under my office door at City Hall this week folks, which one of you Goliath's shoved them under there again to harass me? I guess you all like to keep eating cookies off the floor, classless pigs.
    Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Ha Ha Ha ! I guess I will grab my sling shot and go for a walk down Ridge Road!
    p.s. There were more cookies under my office door at City Hall this week folks, which one of you Goliath's shoved them under there again to harass me? I guess you all like to keep eating cookies off the floor, classless pigs.
    Have a good day.
    What is with these guys and these darn cookies? Im glad im not in ur position , I would be shoving the nastiest of things under their doors :-)

Rebuttal to Fran Warthling article in Front Page

Letter to the Editor

On October 22, 2009, the Citizen’s of Lackawanna’s Future held its first city wide Council Forum for the first, second and third ward council men and women who are currently running for office. While all candidates were invited, only two showed up, Ms. Andrea Haxton, incumbent for the First Ward and Mr. Dennis Mulqueen for the Third Ward.

On October 28, the in the Front Page newspaper, the Democratic Chairman, Fran Warthling launched a very nasty attack on our group where he said we were a “shadow” organization and that our group never notified the Democratic candidates until the day before the forum. He also stated that the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future had blatantly lied about the League of Women being the moderator and timekeeper.

Let me set the record straight for Mr. Warthling:

1. The League of Women Voters WERE the moderators and they will respond to the false claim you have made about them and our organization.

2. On October 19, 2009 at the Lackawanna City Council meeting, the Second Ward Councilman Geoffrey Szymanski had attempted to say that the League of Women Voters were not the moderators because he didn’t see it on their website. During that very same meeting, I contacted the League so that Mr. Szymanski could verify the information that we had provided to him. He declined. Prior to the meeting, he had his secretary contact me to ask who the moderator would be.

3. Mr. Abdul Noman and his campaign manager had spoken to me about the forum several times. While Mr. Noman did not attend, he sent his campaign manager and did contact me right after he read the statement Mr. Warthling provided the paper.

4. As far as Francis “Binky” Kulczyk, he did what he does at Council meetings, nothing.

As for you Mr. Warthling, the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future would like you to know that we are NOT a “shadow” organization and we are not tied to any one party. We are regular citizens who would like to see whoever is representing us, whether it is a Democrat, Republican, Independent or any other affiliation to do it with integrity and honesty as they say they would. The problems come when people who are supposed to represent the people forget about the people. Why would any Chairmen from any party tell their candidates not to talk to the citizens, the very people they represent? We would also like to know why you would launch such an attack on a group whose only purpose is to provide the citizens information that they should be able to receive from our elected officials? At no time have we said or did anything to warrant such a negative response from you. When you and I were speaking about your article, you proceeded to tell me that I need to be careful. That sounds like a threat and as Chairman of the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future, I would like you to know that we will continue to inform the people of Lackawanna of what our local elected officials are NOT doing and hold them accountable.

As far as your false statements toward our group, I hope you can be man enough to admit your mistake and apologize like the man you claim to be.

John Ingram, Chairman
    Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future
    Last edited by Citizensoflackawanna; October 30th, 2009 at 11:00 PM.

Thumbs up

Great letter hopefully it'll open more eyes!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizensoflackawanna View Post
    Letter to the Editor

On October 22, 2009, the Citizen’s of Lackawanna’s Future held its first city wide Council Forum for the first, second and third ward council men and women who are currently running for office. While all candidates were invited, only two showed up, Ms. Andrea Haxton, incumbent for the First Ward and Mr. Dennis Mulqueen for the Third Ward.

On October 28, the in the Front Page newspaper, the Democratic Chairman, Fran Warthling launched a very nasty attack on our group where he said we were a “shadow” organization and that our group never notified the Democratic candidates until the day before the forum. He also stated that the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future had blatantly lied about the League of Women being the moderator and timekeeper.

Let me set the record straight for Mr. Warthling:

1. The League of Women Voters WERE the moderators and they will respond to the false claim you have made about them and our organization.

2. On October 19, 2009 at the Lackawanna City Council meeting, the Second Ward Councilman Geoffrey Szymanski had attempted to say that the League of Women Voters were not the moderators because he didn’t see it on their website. During that very same meeting, I contacted the League so that Mr. Szymanski could verify the information that we had provided to him. He declined. Prior to the meeting, he had his secretary contact me to ask who the moderator would be.

3. Mr. Abdul Noman and his campaign manager had spoken to me about the forum several times. While Mr. Noman did not attend, he sent his campaign manager and did contact me right after he read the statement Mr. Warthling provided the paper.

4. As far as Francis “Binky” Kulczyk, he did what he does at Council meetings, nothing.

As for you Mr. Warthling, the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future would like you to know that we are NOT a “shadow” organization and we are not tied to any one party. We are regular citizens who would like to see whoever is representing us, whether it is a Democrat, Republican, Independent or any other affiliation to do it with integrity and honesty as they say they would. The problems come when people who are supposed to represent the people forget about the people. Why would any Chairmen from any party tell their candidates not to talk to the citizens, the very people they represent? We would also like to know why you would launch such an attack on a group whose only purpose is to provide the citizens information that they should be able to receive from our elected officials? At no time have we said or did anything to warrant such a negative response from you. When you and I were speaking about your article, you proceeded to tell me that I need to be careful. That sounds like a threat and as Chairman of the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future, I would like you to know that we will continue to inform the people of Lackawanna of what our local elected officials are NOT doing and hold them accountable.

As far as your false statements toward our group, I hope you can be man enough to admit your mistake and apologize like the man you claim to be.

John Ingram, Chairman
    Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future

3. Mr. Abdul Noman and his campaign manager had spoken to me about the forum several times. While Mr. Noman did not attend, he sent his campaign manager and did contact me right after he read the statement Mr. Warthling provided the paper. >>>>> So did hie rep answer questions at the debate? If so what are his plans for the future of Lackawanna? I think one of his reps need to answer this question that has been asked over and over again. Come on Camp Noman......we need aswers before the election!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizensoflackawanna View Post
    I would like to know what Noman said to Mr. Ingram after the statement by Warthling came out in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    I would like to know what Noman said to Mr. Ingram after the statement by Warthling came out in the paper.
    I would like to know why Mr.Delmont had to edit the League of Women Voter's letter to the editor. Maybe so Geoff and Fran wouldn't look stupid?Time to get the truth out there.By the way seems like Mr.Warthling is not the man he claims to be.Three weeks and counting to admit he lied.Maybe a lawsuit will shake things up?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information