Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheektowaga Republicans have issues!

Cheektowaga Republicans have issues!

Change can be had.

Town Council

Our candidates for Town Council are committed to making it easy and efficient to operate in the Town of Cheektowaga. When elected, each of our candidates pledges to start the process of returning fiscal sanity and stability to our town by immediately working on these three issues:

• Downsize Town Board from the current 7 members to 5 members – as other towns review the cost and effectiveness of their town boards, and overwhelmingly vote to cut their 5 member boards from 5 to 3, our candidates will start the process of eliminating the additional expense and overhead associated with the two board members, and then regularly review the size of the board with citizen need and responsiveness.
    • Ensure STAR rebates renew AUTOMATICALLY- ever wonder why your friends and relatives in other towns never have to trek out in the middle of February to reapply for their STAR rebate check? Our candidates will implement the process our neighboring towns use for ensuring our seniors and their families do not have to endure the burdensome and inconvenient task of filing a form at Town Hall
    • Eliminate the Lifetime Health Insurance benefit - did you know that your taxes are paying for a lifetime health insurance benefit for some of our past current, and future town officials, and their families? wouldn’t it be great if we could all not have to worry about the rising costs and premiums of health insurance?

Remember to vote for:

• Roger Heymanowski
    • Joe Karnath
    • John Kaczorowski
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

mike, thanks for posting this i have copied this infoe and forwarded this through contacts on my email
    Last edited by cheekman; October 15th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

No-Incumbents for me it's time for a change in this town!!!!!

Cheektowaga council candidates

Voting to downsize the town council doesn't make any sense. Why would someone put the time and effort into running for a political office then vote themselves out of a job.

Wouldn't downsizing give the power to run the town to 3 persons instead of 4?

Originally posted by mikenold:
    Ensure STAR rebates renew AUTOMATICALLY- ever wonder why your friends and relatives in other towns never have to trek out in the middle of February to reapply for their STAR rebate check?
    Mike, no one got a STAR rebate check this year.

Our candidates will implement the process our neighboring towns use for ensuring our seniors and their families do not have to endure the burdensome and inconvenient task of filing a form at Town Hall
    I believe the seniors have to reapply in any NYS town for the Enhanced STAR because their incomes may have changed.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Mike, no one got a STAR rebate check this year.

I believe the seniors have to reapply in any NYS town for the Enhanced STAR because their incomes may have changed.
    I do know that the check will not be issued for 2009. For every other year and this year if our State would have allowed it, for most people in the State, those seniors that were eligible and registered with the program would get their checks without having to re register each year.

In Cheektowaga the seniors have to reapply every year no matter what the circumstances. It is a waste of their time and effort.
    Last edited by mikenold; October 18th, 2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: content

Even though I would like a change, I don't think the Republican platform has enough substance to it for me to vote for them. I agree with Gorja about the STAR program. I am not in favor of downsizing at this time and I think we need to get the facts on the lifetime paid health insurance.

Give me something with substance! What about the budget? What about assessments? What about cracking down on those doing political work on town time? What about getting businesses into the empty buildings? What about getting an Empire zone in Cheektowaga? What about the vacant houses? What about the problem areas bordering the city?

Have these 3 candidates been attending town board meeting on a regular basis? Do they know what is going on?

There are a lot more issues to focus on than the 3 listed which seem to be nothing more than some "fluff" issues that people are most aware of. Well, except for that STAR thing, don't know about that one...

I hope you understand where I am coming from. You really have not presented anything that would make me want to vote for them over what we already have. I want to know that they have an understanding of where our money comes from and where it goes. I want to know that they have an understanding of how the town operates.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    Even though I would like a change, I don't think the Republican platform has enough substance to it for me to vote for them. I agree with Gorja about the STAR program. I am not in favor of downsizing at this time and I think we need to get the facts on the lifetime paid health insurance.

Give me something with substance! What about the budget? What about assessments? What about cracking down on those doing political work on town time? What about getting businesses into the empty buildings? What about getting an Empire zone in Cheektowaga? What about the vacant houses? What about the problem areas bordering the city?

Have these 3 candidates been attending town board meeting on a regular basis? Do they know what is going on?

There are a lot more issues to focus on than the 3 listed which seem to be nothing more than some "fluff" issues that people are most aware of. Well, except for that STAR thing, don't know about that one...

I hope you understand where I am coming from. You really have not presented anything that would make me want to vote for them over what we already have. I want to know that they have an understanding of where our money comes from and where it goes. I want to know that they have an understanding of how the town operates.
    You can always keep the same people in office and see if they will do anything differently!

Do you believe the people in office now understand anything about operating a town? So, let me get straight, you would only vote for those that already have been in the job and never give anyone a chance that might have some good fresh ideas? This sadly is how too think and why the Town is the way it is. Same old same old.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    You can always keep the same people in office and see if they will do anything differently!

Do you believe the people in office now understand anything about operating a town? So, let me get straight, you would only vote for those that already have been in the job and never give anyone a chance that might have some good fresh ideas? This sadly is how too think and why the Town is the way it is. Same old same old.
    I'm not saying that at all! I'm just asking for a little more substance to what they want to do. I'm all for new people with new ideas, but I want to know what some of those ideas are. Seriously mike, I really want to know.

There's not much time left for them to get the word out.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    I'm not saying that at all! I'm just asking for a little more substance to what they want to do. I'm all for new people with new ideas, but I want to know what some of those ideas are. Seriously mike, I really want to know.

There's not much time left for them to get the word out.
    Will they be at your taxapyers association meeting?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I'm sure there will be candidates at the following upcoming meetings. I don't know which ones, but I am sure they will answer any questions you may have.

Depew-Cheektowaga Taxpayers Association

Ms. Jane Wiercioch, President 668-2154
    1059 Borden Road, Depew, NY 14043
    *3rd Thurs, 7:30 pm Bellevue Fire Hall

Town Park Homeowners Association
    Mr. Stanley J. Kaznowski, III, President 838-6323
    19 Woodcliffe Terrace Cheektowaga, New York 14225
    *3rd Tues, 6:30 pm Alexander Comm. Ctr.
    ***Is Stanley still the president? isn't this a conflict of interest?

Sky Harbor Homeowners Association
    Mr. Gordon Allen, President 681-8453
    10 Calla Way Cheektowaga, New York 14225
    *3rd Tues, 7:30 pm Sky Harbor Comm. Ctr.

Cedargrove Neighborhood Action Committee
    Ms. Joan Adams, President 896-2826
    20-D Windwood Court Cheektowaga, New York 14225
    3rd Weds, 7 pm Maryvale Presbyterian

Sloan Taxpayers Association
    Mr. Joe Farris, President 893-4369
    114 Atlantic Avenue Sloan, NY 14212
    *3rd Weds, 6:30 pm Senior Center on Halstead

HKC Community Association
    Mr. Pat Allaire, President 862-0500
    22 Wainwright Cheektowaga, New York 14215
    4th Tues, 7 pm Harlem Rd Comm. Ctr.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Originally posted by mikenold:
    I do know that the check will not be issued for 2009. For every other year and this year if our State would have allowed it, for most people in the State, those seniors that were eligible and registered with the program would get their checks without having to re register each year.

In Cheektowaga the seniors have to reapply every year no matter what the circumstances. It is a waste of their time and effort.
    Mike, I was wrong. I just found what you were speaking of.
    http://www.orps.state.ny.us/star/faq.htm

How do I get the Enhanced STAR exemption?

You must file an application with your local assessor. Senior citizens applying for the Enhanced STAR exemption must demonstrate that the combined income of all of the owners of the property, and of any owner's spouse who resides on the premises, is no greater than the income standard for the applicable income tax year. You may do this in one of two ways:

Option 1: Traditional method
    Submit a copy of your income tax return(s) for the appropriate income tax year to the assessor with your STAR application by the application deadline each year.

Option 2:
    Supply your Social Security Number(s) and authorize the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance to verify your income eligibility each year. If you choose this option, you do not need to submit an application and copy of your tax return(s) to the assessor every year. To choose this option, in the initial year you must complete form RP-425-IVP (also available in large print ) and submit it to the assessor along with a traditional STAR application and the necessary income tax return(s) by the application deadline.
    I wonder if option 2 is available in Lancaster. It should would be a lot easier for the seniors.

Thanks for the info

Georgia L Schlager

MeSue posted in part:

Do you think he finished 6th in this election too???
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired View Post
    MeSue posted in part:

Do you think he finished 6th in this election too???
    Actually, he finished 7th in the Cheektowaga election but was given the position anyway by the friends and family organization of Cheektowaga.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information