Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Crime Reports

didn't a Buffalo police officer die in a car crash about 3 years ago on Delaware ave chasing after a suspect?

I think that was just before they went to single officer patrol cars, so there was a driver and a passenger, and the passenger was killed...

and look at the mob mentality of the group in Lockport.

you're telling me that police don;t have a dangerous job?

BTW, what is up with the "auxillary police?" I thought that was just a joke that Phil Hendrie did on his radio show.....

unarmed citizen-cops "politely asking" a group of thugs who are likely drunk as hell and not about to listen to stop lighting fireworks?

yes, I said "thugs." They surrounded the unarmed cops like a gang would, then threw rocks when the Lockport PD got there.

It was a plain and simple case of "fuc* the cops, we'll do whatever we want!

AND to top it all off, when the cops put down their little revolt and hauled a few off to jail, they cry to the news that the police used "brutaility" and "overreacted"

and of course, they played the RACE CARD....

lol

so if you're a cop, you get sent to a location to stop ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, and a bunch of drunken idiots tell you to f-off and then SURROUND YOU, throw rocks and bottles at you, and you MACE THEM ((not shoot them, not beat the living **** out of them with your nightsticks, just MACE them) then you get painted to be the BAD GUY

amazing....
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    Communicator, don't bother arguing with Nocturnal emission, he does not like Cops, and likes when they die in the line of duty. .
    If that were true I'd be a very sad person. Such is not the case though.

Only 3 Buffalo Cops have died while on duty in the past 29 years.

The last one died driving into a tree. Not shot, stabbed, beat up, etc. he drove into a tree. It sucks the dude is dead, but he wasn't murdered.

Anyway, in that same time span the city of Buffalo has averaged 50 or so murders a year....so that's around 1450 homicides in Buffalo since "79". The solve rate is around 50% for murders.

Of course, if you’re a cop and your shot...you get your very own posse of other cops to look for the perp. If you’re a citizen and you’re murdered, you get a bright yellow tape around your carcass and a nice new body bag to have it put in.

You may get a posse of cops looking for your killer, I don't know, I've yet to see a posse of cops looking for a perp after a civilian is murdered, maybe it's an invisible posse.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5113382

Rash of Deadly Violence Keeps Police Detectives Busy

(Buffalo, NY, July 5, 2006) - - Buffalo Police were stretched thin overnight as three violent crimes happened across the city. Two victims are dead and several others are wounded. News 4's Lorey Schultz has the latest.

On holidays, most police departments try to get by with a smaller patrol, but Tuesday night in Buffalo, some officers were called in, while others extended their shifts after a very violent night in the city.

As many of us celebrated Independence Day, Buffalo Police raced from scene to scene. It was a violent fourth of July on city streets, putting officers to the test.

The violence started just after 11:00. Homicide detectives responded to a stabbing on Brayton Street.

Investigators say someone stabbed 25 year old Richard Beecham in the chest. He was pronounced dead at Buffalo General.

An hour later, witnesses told police that a gunman walked up to a group of people and opened fire on Portage and East Utica Streets.

One person died in the attack. A second victim was shot in the torso, and taken to the hospital. Later, a third person walked into ECMC saying he had also been shot.

Around the same time, another shooting - this time in the Langfield housing complex. Police say three teens were sitting on a park bench when the gunman drove up and opened fire, striking a 15 year old boy in the chest.

The three major crimes occurred within hours of each other, stretching officers to the limit. Many had a scheduled day off for the holiday.

Wednesday, detectives will be busier than usual, trying to solve all of these new cases.

Buffalo Police Dept. Lt. John King said, "Now we're going to have more detectives in because we have three serious incidents occurring all at the same time, and we only had enough detectives to cover one incident."

Police don't believe the three cases are linked, and Wednesday are looking for the suspects in all of these overnight attacks.

In the meantime, Wednesday afternoon, the 15 year old boy continues to recover. He's listed in critical condition at ECMC.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL

The last one died driving into a tree. Not shot, stabbed, beat up, etc. he drove into a tree. It sucks the dude is dead, but he wasn't murdered.

Anyway, in that same time span the city of Buffalo has averaged 50 or so murders a year....so that's around 1450 homicides in Buffalo since "79". The solve rate is around 50% for murders.

Of course, if you’re a cop and your shot...you get your very own posse of other cops to look for the perp. If you’re a citizen and you’re murdered, you get a bright yellow tape around your carcass and a nice new body bag to have it put in.

You may get a posse of cops looking for your killer, I don't know, I've yet to see a posse of cops looking for a perp after a civilian is murdered, maybe it's an invisible posse.
    Do you know why that cop ran into a pole?

He was responding to an armed robbery call.

That means that the guy that was responsible for doing the actual robbery contributed to the death of that officer and could have been tried for a murder charge.

His actions led to the death of a police officer.

Not only that but that same robber was the Blood General that shot the Niagara Fals cop, and he got his head blown off by the department firearms instructor.

Crooks Vs Crooks

It doesnt really break my heart when i see a drug dealer or criminal of this stature laying in the street waiting for the coroner. what really has happened is that he or whoever elected him to meet his maker probably saved the taxpayer some future expenses. ...even perhaps saved a police officer's life.
    Where is CHARLES BRONSON when we need him??? G O D D A M M THE PUSHER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL

In that same time; ONLY "0" BRAIN SURGEONS HAVE DIED IN THE LINE OF DUTY ! Many have probably broken a nail or have gotten a sliver that may have become infected. Some may have even been attacked by their accountants, but none have died.

Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    Many have probably broken a nail or have gotten a sliver that may have become infected. Some may have even been attacked by their accountants, but none have died.

BAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Those damn accountants.....

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5121969

Innocent Mother of Four Killed by Gunfire on West Side

(Buffalo, NY, July 6, 2006) - - A Buffalo mother of four is the latest person to fall victim to violence in Buffalo. As News 4's Lorey Schultz reports, police say the woman was standing on her own front porch when she got caught in the crossfire.

No one believed it at first. And, it's easy to understand why.

Edith Torres was a gentle woman, a mother of four. Who would want to shoot her?

Edwin Molina, her brother, said, "She walked in here like this, and her brother-in-law grabbed her like this, and said 'You been shot? You been shot?', and she couldn't talk."

Wednesday night, Buffalo police responded to Edith's 7th Street home after learning that someone fatally shot her in the stomach.

Apparently, she was standing on the front porch when she got caught in the crossfire.

Her brother Edwin said it wasn't until she collapsed and was rushed to the hospital that anyone realized she had been hit.

Molina said, "They only thought she fainted. They didn't see no injury."

Family members describe Edith as a devoted mom and wife, who moved from Lockport to Buffalo only two weeks ago.

Her death comes as police deal with a recent spike in violence, including two other fatal attacks in the past two days.

Her husband, Angel Rosario, choked back tears when he spoke about his wife of 25 years. He can't believe she's gone.

Rosario said, "Those who do stuff like this, they should think first, because there's a lot of innocent people around."

Family members say at least six bullets were fired on the house. One even traveled inside, and came within inches of Edith's mother-in-law. Her granddaughter was in the same room.

Molina said, "I wish the violence would stop. I wish people would get together and stop the violence that's going on."

The family tries to cope with the tragedy, but it's not easy. Grim reminders are everywhere.

Detectives are closing in on one particular suspect. Apparently, they've received much cooperation from the public, and are close to making an arrest.

5 murders in 8 days

36, year to date. This will be high year unless there is a lull in the frequency. Usually there is about 1 per week, on average anyway. I feel bad for the families. Most of the murders are rival gang members but lately there have been too many innocent , uninvolved people getting killed. Young too. I think 2 of the kids last week were under 16. Sad. The prevalent savage mentality amongst these people is astonishingly cold. Most don't care about life, knowing eventually they will end up in prison. What a mindset to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    36, year to date. This will be high year unless there is a lull in the frequency. Usually there is about 1 per week, on average anyway. I feel bad for the families. Most of the murders are rival gang members but lately there have been too many innocent , uninvolved people getting killed. Young too. I think 2 of the kids last week were under 16. Sad. The prevalent savage mentality amongst these people is astonishingly cold. Most don't care about life, knowing eventually they will end up in prison. What a mindset to have.
    Only 36!?

It's seems like there were more for some reason.....

Like others have said, these are just the homicides, how many others have been shot and nobody knows about it? Know what I mean?

With the state ignoring all the stuff that happens in Western New York, there is no doubt that things will only get worse from here.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5126167

Buffalo Police Find Body of Fourth Homicide Victim in Three Days

(Buffalo, NY, July 7, 2006) - - Buffalo homicide detectives are investigating the city's fourth murder in three days.

Officers found the body of 20-year-old Rasheed Woods Friday morning in a park near Humboldt and Northland.

Police say someone had shot him twice in the torso.

Detectives say they have no suspects yet.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5127176

Shooting Outside a Fast Food Restaurant

(Buffalo, NY, July 8, 2006) - - Buffalo Police are looking for suspects in a shooting outside a fast food restaurant. 22 year old Anthony Wills Junior of Buffalo is listed in grave condition this morning. This shooting is the latest in what's been a violent week in the Queen City.

This time is was broad daylight, in the parking lot of the McDonald's at Bailey and Genesee where a gunman walked up to the driver of a silver chrysler, shot him in the chest and ran away.

The motive is still unclear, but this car matches the description of one that was in a shootout earlier in the evening on Box Avenue.

This week has seen many tears, starting with the shooting death of 13 year old Seandell Gonzalez to the shooting death of Edith Torres killed by a stray bullet on her front porch on Seventh Street.

It's a week that has made headlines with 6 murders in 7 days, and with the weekend and hotter temperatures upon us.

When you decided to become an officer, you knew of the danger on the street. It is a physical danger that you face everyday, a tangible danger for which you are trained to respond. But no one told you about the other dangers that you face. No one trained you for the stress of the job. No one told you about the high divorce rate, the high alcoholism rate, the high rate of physical illness and the high rate of suicide. No one told you of the scrutiny that you'd face everyday from the community and even from your own peers in internal affairs. No one told you about the difficulty maintaining a life on the streets and a meaningful relationship with your family. They let you go without training and didn't answer your call for backup.

www.heavybadge.com

Thumbs up

It's too bad that our cops aren't allowed to identify gang members and then just exterminate them.
    This world would be a better place ...

Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    When you decided to become an officer, you knew of the danger on the street. It is a physical danger that you face everyday, a tangible danger for which you are trained to respond. But no one told you about the other dangers that you face. No one trained you for the stress of the job. No one told you about the high divorce rate, the high alcoholism rate, the high rate of physical illness and the high rate of suicide. No one told you of the scrutiny that you'd face everyday from the community and even from your own peers in internal affairs. No one told you about the difficulty maintaining a life on the streets and a meaningful relationship with your family. They let you go without training and didn't answer your call for backup.

www.heavybadge.com
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Edisonic
    It's too bad that our cops aren't allowed to identify gang members and then just exterminate them.
    This world would be a better place ...
    There are many reasons kids jion up in gangs. Peer pressure, family involvement, threats of violence ect...

For example, say you live in a gang neighborhood, first of all "moving out" is not an option because if you could afford to move you would.

So lets say that's the case. You walk to and from school every morning or do whatever you do in your daily life. You are in constant danger of getting jumped or harassed by gang members from different neighborhoods.

Therefore what do you do? You protect yourelf by joining up in the gang that controls your neighborhood, that way you don't have to worry about people coming after you, you now have protection.

Then people say "combat gangs by forming block clubs". Well if half the neighborhood is hooked on crack then that makes it a little hard to get everyone to come to the club meetings... Get what I mean.

Lets use another example. Say that you are born into a family that is already rooted in gangs. Pretend your mother or father is a gang member. That means that you will have a high probability of joining into that lifestyle.

Yet another example. People that are already involved in gang activity will go to younger kids and threaten them to join up, and if they dont do it then the older person will shoot the younger person.

Now Im not making excuses for these kids, but there needs to be some sort of new community revolution or else things will never change.

I found this article online:

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5128930

Community Group Gathers to Stop Violence

(Buffalo, NY, July 9, 2006) - - While Buffalo Police continue their investigations of several recent acts of violence, a community group gathered Saturday to pledge their participation to stop violence in their city. News 4's Barbara Pinson reports.

"Would you just bow you heads and close your eyes."

Dozens spent a Saturday afternoon at Ephesus Cathedral and the Bissonette House, remembering those who have been killed over the last year, from July 1st, 2005, through June 30th, this year.

Rev. Roy Herberger (Sts. Columba-Brigid Church): "They're still in our hearts. They're still in our memory but still there's something lacking, something missing and my brothers and sisters, only God can fill that."

This is an annual prayer service called "Remembering and Pledging" that the late Sister Karen Klimczak started about three years ago.

Sister Karen was killed earlier this year at the Bissonette House.

"Sister Karen Klimczak, April 14th, age 62."

So the woman known for her crusade for peace and her peaceprints, was among the 56 names of those who lost their lives to violence.

"And that's what she was all about. It wasn't about her, but about everybody who works for peace, prays for peace - lives and even gives their lives for peace."

Sr. Jean Klimczak (Sr. Karen's sister) said, "It's in giving that you receive, and Karen received so much love from everyone and that energized her, that energized her to do more."

During the service, Gloria Clark also shared a mother's story, of losing her son to violence nearly six years ago.

"If I could help someone, if my story can get through to one person then that's one person who will be helped."

While this was a time to remember, it was also a call for change.

"Help us honor them by building a more peaceful future in our neighborhoods."

- - - - - - - -- - - -

Do people honestly think that these rallies are going to work?

They have them every year and each year its the same exact thing, more murders.

sadly, the best way to help the good people of these neighborhoods is to find ways to get them enough money to relocate to a better neighborhood, or out of the city altogether

wiping out the gangs won;t do much, because as long as there is urban decay, drugs, and poverty, there will be gangs to replace them

it's a sad reality of our world that there will be places where the criminal elements can essentially run the neighborhood because they outnumber everyone else and the residents are scared to death

so as I said, since MOST of these people would GLADLY leave if given the chance, let's devote our charity funds to helping them do so

maybe then their kids can go to good schools, and not have to worry about being shot or mugged by some piece of **** every day
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information