Thread: Election 07

Election 07

I haven't started a new discussion board on here in a while so I figured I would bring up the upcomming election in November. With the election of Mayor, Council President and Fourth Ward Councilman what is everyones opinion about the election and possible changes that my come with it?

New names, Same problems

There will be some new names in city hall (Lackawanna) but they will be all the candidates supported by the Democratic party machine. Nothing will change.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Anyone running from other parties. You have seen what the local democrat parties have been giving you guys. You want it to change you have to replace them.

Other Candidates

I have not had any candidates from a non Democratic party stop at my house to talk about an elective office in Lackawanna. It may be to early.

Beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    There will be some new names in city hall (Lackawanna) but they will be all the candidates supported by the Democratic party machine. Nothing will change.
    The political machine is about to be fractured.

If the machine wins, it will be the same names (Mayor/Council Pres/4th Ward).

At present, the machine supports Polanski for Mayor, Jaworski for Council Pres and Schiavi for 4th ward.

Polanski is in a run for his money. His opponent has (among many other good qualities) one thing going for her against him. SHE IS ACTUALLY LIKABLE. His arrogance and hunger for power and control will be his undoing.

Jaworski is Polanski's pawn (today). Yearns to be Mayor next term. He goes against a solid name with a brain (Kuryak).

Schiavi may be the most useless ever. Nice guy - lousy representative. Also a rubber stamp. He has the most opposition of the three.

In the Democratic primary, he has a well educated family man who has been working hard (Lewis) so far that will be tough to beat in the primary.

Then, IF Schiavi does win the primary, he has another uphill battle against another well educated young man who comes from a good family (Gorczyca).

Stay tuned to this one. It could get interesting (and shock just a few of the power brokers).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Same thing in 07 wake up voters!!!! When will the democrats learn.

Thumbs up

It seems to me that democratic Party members are more divided in 2009 than they were in 2007. Some want the same control; others are fighting for changes because they are fed up with the present management team and double identities.

Maybe it's time for a new chairman?

Thread Information