Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boycott Premier

Please keep in mind that Premier Liquor and Premier Gourmet are owned by two COMPLETELY different people. Over 10yrs ago, Janet Ostrow & Dr Peter Ostrow bought the ailing gourmet store from Burt Notorious. The only link they have besides keeping the name is that they rent the space from Burt. These are two DIFFERENT companies. The company listed as "Premier Group" IS NOT PREMIER GOURMET. Premier group is Premier Liquor on Delaware (ONLY THE LIQUOR STORE), along with Prime Wines and Spririts and Premium Wines and Spirits. these other stores are owned by Burt's sons and are in Williamsville (Transit Rd) and Orchard Park.

The day that I don't have enough free will to buy booze where I want to buy it, without considering the political ramifications ---- please shoot me.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    I have to agree that the change in the wine law that supermarkets are trying to pass is wrong.

Liquor stores, unlike, say, Beverage stores, are very restricted in what they can sell. The State has given them a license, and said "look, you can sell wine and liquor, but very little else." Once you let supermarkets sell wine (without having all the other restrictions placed on them,) you're screwing the liquor store owners.

It's simply not fair.
    Yeah that goes with Healthcare, Utility companies, etc! We should allow monoplies to exist so they can screw us all day long!

C'mon Bro, Jim doesn't want you to go there...
    Fully stimulated...

Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    Ok.. maybe I had the wrong company. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong but let's get back to Premier.

Why did Thompson take money from Premier and Joel Giambra? and his reasoning? It is not in his district..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    Why did Thompson take money from Premier and Joel Giambra? and his reasoning? It is not in his district..
    Because he gets to vote as a state senator.

While not knowing Premier's interest in donating to Senator Thompson, I would assume that Premier doesn't want to see wine sold in grocery stores as it would take away from their sales. Just thinking out loud.
    Fully stimulated...

Well, I am a big proponent of recycling any bottle containers or any other recyclables. This should be included in any expanded bottle bill. My vote and voice should have more weight .
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Once the nickel deposit goes into effect for plastic water bottles, I plan on quitting my job, and getting me a shopping cart.
    There's gonna be mad money in empties.

Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    I have no problem with Premier Wines speaking. It's the buying of politicians I object to. No contradiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    First day in America?
    Oh , man it must be , a virgin mindset when it comes to payola also !! , that's funny rising !!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by yokes View Post
    Yeah ittl put them out of business. remember Consumers Beverages? They used to sell Beer and stuff until the supermarkets got in that business
    Hey Homer, whachu talkin 'bout?
    Consumers' is still in business on Sheridan by the Northtown Plaza.

Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

Quote Originally Posted by tomac View Post
    Hey Homer, whachu talkin 'bout?
    Consumers' is still in business on Sheridan by the Northtown Plaza.

I think that's his point. Supermarkets haven't put them out of business.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information