Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 70 murders , so far

70 murders , so far

70 and counting, somebody tell these people that school started and they aren't suppossed to murder anyone anymore.....
    They hate us till they need us.

Quote Originally Posted by PBAguy
    70 and counting, somebody tell these people that school started and they aren't suppossed to murder anyone anymore.....
    Could you please be a bit more vague so I know what you're talking about?
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

well,

Biker said the murders would end when the kids went back to school. That was his remedy to the high number of murders in the city. The only thing....school started in Sept, it is now Nov, and there are still murders occurring.

Biker said the murders would end when the kids went back to school. That was his remedy to the high number of murders in the city. The only thing....school started in Sept, it is now Nov, and there are still murders occurring.
    We have to stop this on a National level. They cannot be stopped, individually. Local police work is like cleaning your house. You just have to keep doing the same things over and over again. You're hands are tied and then you get frustrated. The source of the problem is the key here; not the symptoms.
    Drugs are a problem. That's in every county in this country.
    Social and economic reforms would also do wonders.
    This is all about politics, so you're definately at the right place.

It is funny though...

Biker dismissing the murder rate in the city. I guess if it doesn't happen to you, then it's ok. Just dismiss it as summer violence. Is November a summer month ? Maybe in Bikers world..

in Bikers world..
    Fortunately, not many live there.

I don't think the murderers are reading this board too regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    I don't think the murderers are reading this board too regularly.
    Good point. So why even discuss American foreign policy?

my bad, I was on vacation, does anyone have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Funky
    my bad, I was on vacation, does anyone have a link?

Chain, sausage and missing.

LMAO @ Janet Reno!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I hate when the pics don't copy.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...19/1062840.asp

25-year-old fatally shot on Hertel

West Side man is city's 70th homicide

By MAKI BECKER
    News Staff Reporter
    11/19/2006

A 25-year-old West Side man was found gunned down early Saturday morning, his body lying in Hertel Avenue, police said.
    Luis Vazquez became the city's 70th homicide of the year. The total for all of last year was 56.

Police said they found his body at 2:12 a.m., after being summoned to the 500 block of Hertel Avenue, near Military Road.

"The victim was in the eastbound traffic lane, and the victim's vehicle, which was running, was in the westbound traffic lane," Chief of Detectives Dennis Richards said.

Homicide investigators, led by Sgt. David Willis, were questioning several potential witnesses who reportedly were in the area at the time of the shooting.

But as of late Saturday, police said detectives had not determined a motive in the shooting.

"Is it road rage? A set up? Did someone intentionally cut him off? Was he passing through and got caught in the crossfire of something else? It's too early to figure out a motive just yet," Richards said.

Vazquez, of Hampshire Street, had no known criminal history, Richards said.

Anyone having information about the shooting or Vazquez's whereabouts Friday night or early Saturday morning should call the Buffalo Homicide Squad at 851-446 or the confidential police tip line at 847-2255.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...29/1062326.asp

Erie County Sheriff's Detective Steve Meerboth, right, watches as Kindle, a dog that detects fire accelerants, investigates the scene of the fire in Riverside. At left is Buffalo Senior Fire Investigator Edwin Ortiz.

Seven overcome in apartment fire

Buffalo fire marshals and homicide detectives are looking into the possibility that someone tossed a firebomb through the first-floor kitchen window of a Riverside apartment before dawn Tuesday.
    The fire left 10-month-old Lanaysia Watts, 23-month-old Antonio Watts Jr., their mother, Keisha Croom, 18, and the mother's sister, Ashanti Smith, 12, clinging to life.

The furious fire ignited at about 4 a.m. in the two-story apartment in the Shaffer Village public housing complex, a home that Lynne Smith, 39, shares with four children and two grandchildren.

Two of Smith's children, Donzhae "D.J." Smith-Howard, 11, and Ruben Smith, were in good condition later Tuesday in Women and Children's Hospital, where she was listed in stable condition.

"It was called in as a firebombing," said Chief of Detectives Dennis J. Richards, who added that, as of late Tuesday, investigators had not determined whether the fire was arson.

The blaze quickly filled the narrow brick apartment with thick, acrid smoke, trapping all but one of Smith's children and her two baby grandchildren on the top floor.

Firefighters battled through flames to rescue the infants and their unconscious mother while two girls jumped from a second-floor window to safety.

Mary Williams, who lives in the apartment next to Smith's, recounted how she woke up to the heart-stopping sounds of her neighbor pounding furiously on her back door.

"My babies! My babies are in there!" Smith screamed to Williams as smoke and flames poured through the downstairs windows.

Smith was holding her panicked 4-year-old autistic son, Ruben, in her arms as she frantically pleaded for help for her daughters and grandchildren who hadn't been able to escape.

"We grabbed a fire extinguisher, but that didn't work," said Williams, tears welling in her eyes. "We tried with a garden hose, but that didn't work either."

Williams' 20-year-old daughter, Alicia, began trying to make her way through the out-of-control blaze, but her mother stopped her.

"I had to yank her back," Williams said.

At about the same time, Smith's daughters, Ashanti and Donzhae, who had been trapped on the top floor of the burning house, jumped out of the second-floor window.

They landed on the grass in front of the complex.

They stumbled over to a neighbor, collapsing in her arms.

"They were screaming, "Mama! Mama!' " said Jennie Kilgo, 60, who tried to comfort the girls.

With at least three neighbors calling 911 for help, fire crews from Engine 36 and Ladder 13 and eight Rural/Metro ambulances raced to the scene.

Neighbors described watching the firefighters break down the doors as flames leapt out at them.

"I saw the fire gushing out of the house," said Thykeyia Posey, 34.

Minutes later, the rescuers pulled the mother and two babies from the burning home.

Two 7-year-old twin girls who witnessed the rescue said they saw a firefighter carrying out a baby in his arms.

"He was holding the baby like this," said one of the girls, demonstrating how the firefighter had cradled the infant. "The fireman was crying," said the other. The twin girls' mother asked that their names not be used.

Nearby, Croom, the infants' mother, lay on a stretcher, unconscious and in severe respiratory distress. Her mother, Lynne Smith, hovered over her, urging: "Keisha, breathe! Keisha, breathe!"

Croom was being treated later Tuesday in a hyperbaric chamber in Millard Fillmore Hospital, where she was in serious but stable condition.

"It's just heart-wrenching," said Kilgo's daughter, Theresa. "I hope to God they pull through," she said of the children.

Fire officials, meanwhile, examined the debris late Tuesday morning, sniffing charred pieces for traces of an accelerant.

None of the victims was burned seriously, but all suffered serious smoke inhalation, officials said.

Mary Watts, the paternal grandmother of the two infants, waited nervously outside Women and Children's Hospital about midday Tuesday..

"The doctor says A.J. [Antonio Jr.] ain't going to make it," she said. "I'm praying for all of them."

Watts said she had visited her grandchildren as they lay in their hospital cribs.

"They're not burned," she said. "They just don't know how much smoke they inhaled."

She said her son, Antonio Watts, was distraught over his children.

"Mom, I can't stand seeing my babies like this," he told his mother

So Funky. Tell me. What's the point of posting Niagara Falls crime all the time?
    We already know the the city of Niagara Falls is worse to live in than Buffalo.
    I do love the Falls, themselves, though. Those are fantastic. And the wax museum and all that stuff, too. It's great.
    Why don't you clean that city up?
    It's time for some vigilante work.
    Take back your great city.
    Do not let it degerate. It appears it's much too big of a job for the local police department. They need your help. Form a coalition. Now!!
    Just do it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information