Thread: Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority

Post Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority

In every organization you have rules and policies in which the organization lives by. A good organization will enforce its rules and policies within its organization ranks. It seems to me that this Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority has some very good rules and policies to live by. Unfortunately there are dishonest people within this housing project who do not enforce the rules and policies of this organization. To this day I do not understand this housing project that would violate an innocent person. Instead of letting the guilty party continue on a daily basis to violate more people within this housing project. It become very apparent that this housing project cannot police itself and enforce by its own rules. For this housing project to have the honor and the respect of the community need to prove that they are just organization. In that very fact this housing project does not serve the people of Western New York in concerning people in need. This housing project seems to be serving those dishonest people within this Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority. That is a clear indication that the government has failed the people.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    State your case...

Breaking the policies how?

The problem with the BMHA, along with the Thruway Authority, Dormitory Authority, NFTA, MTA, and the 250 other state corporations and authorities is that even though they were borne of the state, the state really has no oversight.
    As far as the BMHA is concerned, they've wasted money time and time again on their own greedy board, be appointed or elected members.
    They allowed a viable public safety divison go under, because they no longer received any federal dollars. The BMHA Police could still be intact if it weren't for Commissioners wasting money on BS trips, cell phones, etc.
    So what if there are only 11 Housing Police Agencies in the country, the Buffalo Police can not afford in the current fiscal chaos to expedite another Bureau or Division.
    It's a sad state of our country when a private college, Canisus College, has a force of the same amount to patrol a campus a fraction of the size of the BMHA housing complexes. Where have all our priorities gone? With politics, it doesn't matter if your white,black,yellow, red, Right-wing, Left-wing, it's all about green, greed, green.

there should be no housing projects
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Of course not. It removes people out of the community. BUT Then again look at it from the government side of things. It gives them an excuse to exist and collect votes. "Look" what we do for the community at everyone elses expense. I believe government owned housing caused more damage to the community than they think. We could have 1000's of more home owners paying taxes.

I lost a tenant of ten years to a small, publicly-funded project about five years ago. She said, "I love my home (my apartment), but I'd pay ten dollars less a month and the utilities are included."

So the federal government used my tax dollars to suck good tenants out of the existing housing base.

The next couple of tenants destroyed the place and I paid thousands to have it torn down.

Why the heck is the gubmint building housing in a City that is hemmoraghing population every year, every week, every day?
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloEMT14216
    The problem with the BMHA, along with the Thruway Authority, Dormitory Authority, NFTA, MTA, and the 250 other state corporations and authorities is that even though they were borne of the state, the state really has no oversight.
    No, the intrinsic problem with all the government agencies you've just listed and a few hundred more that can be added to the litany is that they were created in the first place.

A good government’s motto shouldn't be, "E pluribus unum" or "In God We Trust" it should be "less is more".

Thumbs up Happy a to have their own home.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Of course not. It removes people out of the community. BUT Then again look at it from the government side of things. It gives them an excuse to exist and collect votes. "Look" what we do for the community at everyone elses expense. I believe government owned housing caused more damage to the community than they think. We could have 1000's of more home owners paying taxes.
    I strongly feel that every low income family or person would happy a to have their own home. That has always been the American Dream to have your own home. When my family came to this country they built themselves from a log house. The first thing that needed to be done was to do the survey of your land. Then you had a house raising party to built your home and barn. I would even be happy to have a home with just a dirt floor. Just the basic necessary to have that house. If I'm home was listed as low income because I was living on a low income from the government I would be happy with that. I wouldn't mind paying a little bit of taxes every year and taking care my own utilities. Most important thing I would be my own boss.

Thread Information