Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should police enforce law or protect people?

Should police enforce law or protect people?

This is a discussion that should have taken place before our Government started giving them armored vehicles, machines guns and military training ! Much of America is wonder the same thing - Just what is their role ?

Everyone see's the Police as Governments front line - they are the guys/gals on the street - day to day ! Many may have been mislead as to the extent of their duties and possibly their duties.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Many of them are asking the same questions, "Should police enforce law or protect people?"

Ferguson report taps into debate: Should police enforce law or protect people?

In the wake of a federal report on police in Ferguson, Mo., some are musing about what, exactly, the role of police in America is. Many officers indicate they’d welcome more clarity on what they're expected to do.

Atlanta — The US Department of Justice’s conclusion that police in Ferguson, Mo., systematically served an insulated white power structure at the expense of a black underclass goes a long way toward explaining the raw rage that exploded on the streets after the shooting of Michael Brown last August.

But while the circumstances that led to constitutional abuses in Ferguson are in many ways unique to Greater St. Louis, the documentation of bias that affected arrest, search, fines, and incarceration rates in Ferguson reverberates far beyond that particular bend in the Mississippi River – and feeds into an existential debate over the role of police in daily American life.

In nearly every part of the United States where police-community relations are poor, police are perceived, rightly or wrongly, as guardians of a separate authority, rather than protectors of regular folks, policing experts say.

Read more here: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...t-people-video

__________________________________________________ ____________________

When I was a young kid - the Cops were our friends - they were what stood between us and criminals. Now I don't believe people see them that way - now they seem to be of a whole new mind set. Have times changed that much - or has politics dug that deep ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

no knock warrants where they smash down the door on law abiding americans in the middle of the night, throwing flashbangs into baby cribs, shooting unarmed non threatening americans dead in their own homes, killing non threatening pets, violating the constitutional privileges of most americans....

then there is the 'civil forfeiture' where cops out right STEAL your property, cash, ect in most cases with out even filing charges against you.

Have $1,000 in cash on you cause your going to buy a new tv? get pulled over on the way to Best Buy, the cops can steal that cash from you, for no reason, and you have ZERO recourse.

Yes this happens ALL the time in america!

So ya, you wonder why cops are veiwed as the enemy? because they act like jack booted Nazi thugs, the police treat ALL americans as hard core murdering scum bags, they beat the piss out of you often for no reason,

Never talk to the police, EVER!
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Is it true Police aren't supposed to actually "Protect People" ?

The police have no duty to protect you, if you want protection hire a bodyguard or be prepared to protect yourself. Police are there to enforce laws that benefit an agenda and serve as another tax collecting arm.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Ouch !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Ouch !
    Oh sorry, that was not directed at you 4248, just saying in general that's the way it is.

Police want to make you believe they are protecting you and in the process you are giving up your liberties for a false sense of security.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Human beings have given up freedoms for protection since Roman times.

Vamp - I didn't think that was aimed at me. My ouch was for those who read your realist statement !

I often wonder when did these things change so much ? I guess as with Politics - I have been quite niave most of my life. I hate those who ripped me into reality in the last 15 years.

Its sad to see these bright eyed new guys - as they slowly deal with reality - as many of us have had to.

Some people have the amazing ability to burry their heads - ignore the reality they themselves are fostering.

Still others embrace their new rolls - they have no choice but to accept and continue the illusion. The rest sort of stand at arms length and hope to rise above the fray - Cant be easy for them - I couldn't do it !

How do they turn this around -

I don't see them as the enemy by any stretch of the imagination ! They too have been mislead, misguided and used by Politicians.

How do they now come back and redefine their jobs - their attitudes - their imposed gang mentality of "Us against them" - LEO's in my family didn't seem to ever bring that home - they could go to parties and events and check the aggressive I am law attitude at the door.

What happened

Last point/observation - many of these overly aggressive - I am Law - control them at all cost people aren't the ones actually in the trench's - the attitude seems like some sort of shield for their actions.

Donnt forget about the Stasi, aka NSA and DHS spear heading this so called war on terrorism. Its really a war on america.

Didnt Bush say that 'terrorists' hate us for our freedoms?

So what did the govt do? They removed those freedoms, and the terrorists still hate us.

Police are the front line govt thugs, being fed enormous amounts of information, much of which is gathered illegally or on the very line of legality against the populace. Look at license plate readers, installed on police cars, able to read hundreds of plates a minute, categorize and store that information. They have huge databases on where your car has been 'seen' so they can further track your movement.

Add onstar and other manufactuers versions with GPS tracking technology that records the location, speed, seatbelt use, radio settings, ect in real time, can also monitor and record conversations your having with passengers inside your car...

Add to that the GPS recording of all cell phones, the recording and retention of all phone calls, including conversations, text msgs and browsing history,

Then add the street cameras installed by municipalities to further watch your every move while out in public.

Remember a few years ago there was a case locally about i believe it was niagara falls schools where they provided students with laptops, and the webcams were turned on remotely? Who is to say that same technology isnt used against cell phones to turn on the microphone and cameras to be transmitted over wifi/data networks?

Ever call the police for a noisy neighbor? Theres a record of that, that is kept on file, forever.

The police can and do lie to you fall the time and thats ok, but its illegal for you to lie to them.

It used to be that americans were expected to settle small disputes themselves, and to protect themselves and their families...now its call the police and hopefully they wont kill you instead.

Every interaction you have with the police, you are literally risking your life. In the past 15 years more people have died at the hands of police than by terrorists, and the useless wars we have conducted since 9/11.

Now lets add in military equipment being doled out to local police departments, MRAPS which are 30,000lb anti mine armored personnel carriers, their literally on the same level as a bradly tank with out tracks and a turret.

Add in billions of dollars in military grade weapons, ammo, and other military grade equipment.. Ffor what? Serving warrants on the pot head down the street?

It used to be that to serve a warrant the police would do a threat assessment, if the person has no registered guns, and no criminal history, 2-4 cops, with hand guns, would serve the warrant, theyd knock on the door, and be done with it, a pretty civil act.

Today, to serve the same warrant the police deploy 50-100 soldiers, soldiers! Complete with M16 assualt rifles, MRAPS, battering rams, grenades, ect, they literally smash down your door and enter your home with guns drawn in the same fashion that american soldiers use in war zones to 'clear' a structure. If you come out with your hands up you still run the risk of being shot dead. The first to go is the family pets, which they dont shoot to kill but rather shoot to injure so your dog suffers. If you attempt to defend yourself, because who the hell knows who these people are since half the time they dont even identify themselves, you are met with a barrage of bullets...

Cops, ARE NOT your friends! They are more dangerous, and more equipped than many armies in foriegn countries!

Their job is to enforce the law with lethal force. You can be outright murdered by a police officer, and that police officer will be rewarded. Your life is worthless in the eyes of the police, only their lives matter...

If you kill your neighbor on live TV youll fet 15 to life... If you kill a cop, its a death sentence, that means the govt values the life of its own more than your life....

Thats reality. WELCOME TO NAZI GERMANY. Err i mean America.

You should look up the 'new' police black site that the chicago pd has created where they hold you illegally, for 24hrs with no access to a lawyer, medical care food water or a bathroom. Where they beat the crap out of 'suspects' in direct violation of the law....

Wheres the outrage? Wheres the front page news? Gitmo style interrogations in Chicago! Against Americans! Remember they havent actually been formally charged or EVEN CONVICTED of a crime!

But that kim kardashion or whatever her name is, OMG she dyed her hair!

People are ignorant of the reality in this country largely due to the fact that the big names in 'news' no longer report the news. For instance, all the major networks agreed to not report on any more ebola cases, at the request of the federal govt...

So much for honest reporting

Dude you had me smiling until you stated: "WELCOME TO NAZI GERMANY" -

Not cool - I joined the Army - my family has almost all been US Military and some Law Enforcement. Many have served and are serving all over the world and in many wars.

You cant believe in your heart we are any where near NAZI Germany - Please rethink that.

GITMO and such - well I do believe some holding centers in some areas may resemble that. But I don't believe most Police share those habits or actions.

They themselves are asking, "What is our roll" - they themselves - mainly the newer guys/gals - are seeing that some where their senior guys got lost.

The new gen doesn't want to live like urban soldiers - I do believe Political influences have perverted the old schoolers.

We can help turn this around - we can stand by those officers who speak out - like Miss Horn in the Buffalo Police Department. She deserves our help!

Those who go out and actually enjoy the "I am Law" power need to be routed out or if possible retrained. Blanket exaggerations and condemnations won't help.

Publicizing facts and videos - objecting to militarization of Police must continue.

The Blue Line is a vary real part of their life's - we have to show them when and if they cross that line we as tax payers - we as their neighbors will be there to catch them so their "Brothers" wont trip them as they cross !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Dude you had me smiling until you stated: "WELCOME TO NAZI GERMANY" -

Not cool - I joined the Army - my family has almost all been US Military and some Law Enforcement. Many have served and are serving all over the world and in many wars.

You cant believe in your heart we are any where near NAZI Germany - Please rethink !
    Really? The final chapter of nazi germany was the mas extermination of jews. We havent entered our final chapter so who is to say we wont do the same?

We as americans certaint do not have righrs freedoms and liberties!

Our country has become a police state. Where you are guilty of everything and must fight for your right to be free, and even then your not really 'free'.

Lets look at some the similarities, because most people dont like that comparison as you have pointed out.

See something, say something.. - Dept of Homeland Security a campaign to get americans to spy on your neighbors, thy even made stupid commercials that portray white males of doing every day tasks as though its some nafarious act.

NSA and DHS spying on americas with out warrants or probable cause : all cell phone calls are recorded in real time. All text messeges, web browsing both on your cell and computers, all email chat rooms, social media posts, everything you do is recorded by the govt.

Where you go is recrded via the GPS. Chip in both your phone and your car. With that they can tell if you have a job, who you hang out with, ect..

Credit card transactions are recorded again by the govt. tracking what you buy and when. According to DHS you are a suspected terrorist if you do these things:

Believe in the Constitution of the United States
    Believe in the right of owning guns
    Park in a van and write on a piece of paper
    Take photos of buildings and infrastructure
    Value your privacy in public
    Pay for coffee in cash
    Dont use credit cards
    If you openly question the govt
    If you dont trust the govt
    If you believe in personal freedoms, liberties, and rights, your a terrorist

Thats just the tip of the iceberg...

DHS classifies the founding fathers as TERRORISTS

If you research items that go beyond what the govt says, or go against the majority thought process, your both a conspiracy theorist and a terrorist

It is illegal for an American to own property in the United States... ILLEGAL!

You must ask the govt to protest said govt in many parts of the US

It is illegal for your 10yr old kid to sell lemonade with out the proper permits and health dept certifications.

Your kids are not allowed to walk home from the park with out you being harssed by the govt.
    You have a freedom of speach so long as what you say doesnt offend anyone
    You are forced to be subjected to lethal doses of radiation, cirtual strip searches, and sexual assault at the hands of DHS to fly on an airplane, coming to train stations bus stations ect... The amount of radiation emmitted by the machines at airports, is classified. If its safe, why is it classified? Why is t a crime to walk through a TSA check point with a dosimeter?

Lets not forget about the DHS mobile xray vans that drive around searching everyones vehicles illegally... Whos to say they havent employed that same technology against homes?

TSA conducts rolling check points on our countries highways every year, searching your car questioning where your going and why...

Customs and Border Patrol pull you over 10-100 miles from the border to train you into answer their 'authority'

TSA is training the populice to 'freeze' on command like a dog

Starting next year you will be required to obtain a 'RealID' to travel domestically

Cops always demand ID regardless of where you are or what your doing. If you dont have any or refuse to provide it you face being arrested.

Most arrests carry a 'resisting arrest' charge.

If you dont pay your taxes, expect to be met with lethal force. The govt uses physical violence and the threat of lethal force to coerce people into submission.

Why are people scared of the govt? I thought the govt was by the people for the people?

Its the govt vs the people.

So yes, i think the similarities between Nazi Germany and the US are valid.

Last but not least, how many countries have we invadedwith military bases?
    Last edited by FMD; March 8th, 2015 at 11:41 AM.

What is really funny is that the government still allows you you to spout your nonsense. Were this a true tyranny, you would have been silenced long ago.

How do you explain THAT?

b.b.

Their trying, via the recent decision by the FCC to regulate the internet as a utility.

the 322 page recommendation was passed. Funny thing though, that report is still classified.

Anyways heres a cute article on how the local police are becoming more militarized...

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...-hilt-20140925

The hulking armored vehicle that Hamburg police inherited from the Army’s 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum spends most days alone in a cinder block garage at the town’s Public Works Department, flanked by potted petunias.

So far, the “mine-resistant, ambush-protected” vehicle, or MRAP, has been deployed once in Hamburg – to serve a search warrant. Otherwise, it has rumbled down streets to help other suburban police agencies on just four other occasions, such as dealing with other warrants and a barricaded shooter.

Much national attention has been given to the militarization of police forces following the unrest in Ferguson, Mo., and the extent to which surplus equipment has been distributed at the local level. In Erie County, Hamburg’s MRAP stands out as the biggest recent hand-me-down from the Defense Department.

Valued at $658,000, it is the priciest item on the list of surplus military equipment that Erie County police departments obtained over the last four years through the Defense Department’s “1033” program. Total value of surplus equipment in the county: $973,000.
    Oh and Bob, please show where anything I have posted, is false... since after all you called it all 'non sense'

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...ist-if---.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information