Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An Inconvenient Truth Premiere & Discussion Friday 6/16

Why do those who believe in "global warming" (artificially-caused and dangerous increase in the earth's temperature) spend so much time trying convince those who don't, and coerce those who don't, and so little time changing their own daily personal behavior which, they believe, contributes to global warming?

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    go see the movie, Lhardy, then we'll talk
    I don't need to see a movie after having read science publication after publication.
    Al Gore is not a scientist.
    I find it hillarious that people want to believe, man caused global warming and
    yet there is NO EVIDENCE or FACTS to back the claims.
    An inconvient truth is just that. The Truth ignored by the movie and believers of man made global warming. It is not only ignorant of fact, it is self loathing.

The globe has been warming for thousands of years. Remember the ice age?

I have challenged all of you who believe man and CO2 are the cause of global warming. The challenge was and is how do you explain the FACT that volcanoes have produce more CO2 emissions per eruption than all of mankind throught history?

Not one of you has responded to that challenge.
    Do we now cork all vocanoes? How do we stop them from polluting our atmosphere. More pollution then that coming from mankind.
    Anyone care to take a stab at that?

You mean lead by example, JO? That's what the closing credits included - ways in which the average citizen can make green changes in daily habits.

All Gore used an expression "It's like taking a nature hike through the Book of Revelations" to describe the changes in weather that occurred in 2005 (the ten hottest temperatures occurred in the last decade witht THE hottest occurring in 2005)...Go see the movie!
    Last edited by buffy; June 17th, 2006 at 10:29 AM.

I am not debating whether man caused it or not, if you GO SEE THE MOVIE you will be surprised that Gore used data from almost 300 SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS, published by Independent Review Boards, if that's not science, please tell me what is. Gore also notes that out of these journals NOT ONE has been disproved or debated, yet, the popular press is full of ppl saying "well, what about this or that?" Go see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    I don't need to see a movie after having read science publication after publication.
    Al Gore is not a scientist.
    I find it hillarious that people want to believe, man caused global warming and
    yet there is NO EVIDENCE or FACTS to back the claims.
    An inconvient truth is just that. The Truth ignored by the movie and believers of man made global warming. It is not only ignorant of fact, it is self loathing.

The globe has been warming for thousands of years. Remember the ice age?

I have challenged all of you who believe man and CO2 are the cause of global warming. The challenge was and is how do you explain the FACT that volcanoes have produce more CO2 emissions per eruption than all of mankind throught history?

Not one of you has responded to that challenge.
    Do we now cork all vocanoes? How do we stop them from polluting our atmosphere. More pollution then that coming from mankind.
    Anyone care to take a stab at that?
    Gore addresses several Ice Ages, in fact, a scientist charted them for him (like 7,000 years worth) drilled out of ice shelves...and I am not advocating that man caused everything, we just accellerated the process, plus, I believe, there is some divine order to this crisis, as in Revelation 16: 8-9 "and the fourth angle poured out his vial upon the sun and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which has power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

and verse 15: "Blessed is he who watches"

I like to be aware of my surroundings and what is transpiring in the world around me...I'm keeping an open mind, but also keeping my EYES OPEN... I'm watching.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    plus, I believe, there is some divine order to this crisis
    Do you think Gore's ideas will stop God's divine plan?

One last time.
    How do you make science predictions about a specimen (the earth in this case) that is millions of years old and use data that is only decades old?
    Any scientist that is willing to stick out his/her neck on such sloppy scientific practice should not have the right to call themselves scientists.
    With the data that is available no one can assert any claim that man causes or has caused global warming. This does not require a degree in rocket science to conclude.
    Man is less then a parasite in size when it comes to the workings of the earth and the universe.
    Man can no more cause a traumatic shift in global temperatures then a bed bug can cause you to sleep less.
    Not even if man uses nukes to attempt such change.
    Ignorance of FACTS.

LHardy, maybe you don't have all the facts...and you are not listening to me...I'm basically saying - it's a runaway train...think of it, if scientists can't prove anything until data matches length of existance, then forget about it, runaway train...

and no, Gore isn't going to change things, that's not what the movie is about...his conscience is bothering him, he is interested and frustrated at the same time, he has no answers...he is simply saying - look at this and let us reason together.
    Last edited by buffy; June 17th, 2006 at 11:09 AM.

"You mean lead by example, JO? That's what the closing credits included - ways in which the average citizen can make green changes in daily habits."
    Well, is Al Gore continuing to use fossil fuels?

"All Gore used an expression "It's like taking a nature hike through the Book of Revelations" to describe the changes in weather that occurred in 2005 (the ten hottest temperatures occurred in the last decade witht THE hottest occurring in 2005)...Go see the movie!"
    If I go see the movie, won't I be contributing to global warming: the gas in my car, the electricity in the theater, all the fossil fuels that went into the production of this film--sunk costs true, but I'll be encouraging others to worsen global warming by making more global warming films.

Oh the humanity!

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    No not at all. Al Gore can make an ass out of himself and the Dem party all he wants. That is just fine with me. It is also apparant that the Dems are sheep and have no independent thought when it comes to the real sciences not the junk science they bow to for re -election bids.

No harm at all. We all want a clean earth and less pollution. To use a false arguement of man causing global warming, specifically the USA is a lie and myth. No factual evidence exists.

I am happy to know their are more gullable dems out there like yourself. Willing to buy into the hyped claims of a man who told the world he invented the World Wide Web.

You go Dems! Keep up the good work!
    No Factual evidence that God exists either, so what do you believe in, if you believe in anything at all? If nothing, that is definately fooLHardy.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski

If I go see the movie, won't I be contributing to global warming: the gas in my car, the electricity in the theater, all the fossil fuels that went into the production of this film--sunk costs true, but I'll be encouraging others to worsen global warming by making more global warming films.

Oh the humanity!
    Well you could walk or bike to the theatre, the theatre could have used solar, wind, hydro energy for the a/c, lights, etc. Theproduction of the film falls into the same caterogory as the theatre.

Ah ha!
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski

Funny you should ask, he drives a Ford Escape Hybrid. What do you think of that?

It really is too bad that you believe virtually everyone in the world is a hypocrit.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    Funny you should ask, he drives a Ford Escape Hybrid. What do you think of that?

It really is too bad that you believe virtually everyone in the world is a hypocrit.
    [B]

I got an email that said he has a leased Cadillac that is used for official functions when security needs to travel. That I don't know. I'm assuming its correct. So I'm tossing it into the mix.
    Last edited by mikewrona; June 17th, 2006 at 08:57 PM.

I'm suddenly finding the ignorance on this MB to be depressing.

Wake up people, just because you hate a politician doesn't mean you have to blast everything he does.

I love when average Joes suddenly have the ability to know more about science than actual scientists.

moonshine
    John Stossel addressed the global warming fiction in his book. The following excerpt is from Walter Williams article dated June 7, 2006.
    http://www.gmu.edu/departments/econo...s/06/help.html

Hardly a day goes by without some kind of warning that mankind's use of fossil fuels, especially in the U.S., is causing global warming. Stossel looks at the numbers. Half of this century's global warming happened between 1900 and 1945. Stossel asks, "If man is responsible, why wasn't there much more warming in the second half of the century? We burned much more fuel during that time."

By the way, if there's global warming, it might be a godsend. According to Harvard astrophysicist Sallie Baliunas, added carbon dioxide helps plants grow. Warmer winters give farmers a longer growing season, and the warming might end the droughts in the Sahara desert.

There's another consideration. For the past 800,000 years, there have been periods of approximately 100,000 years called Ice Ages, followed by a period of 10,000 years, a period called Interglacial, followed by another Ice Age. We're about 10,500 years into the present Interglacial period, namely, we're 500 years overdue for another Ice Age. If indeed mankind's activity contributes to the planet's warming, we might postpone the coming Ice Age.

John Stossel's "Myths, Lies and Downright Stupidity" exposes the false basis for the public fright often caused by an uninformed media and academic elite. Exposure is precisely what's needed because politicians use public fright as a means to gain greater control over our lives. (emphasis added by moonshine)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information