Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Redskin Team name -Kudos to Lancaster Central School District

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    I've asked you at least 50x's to tell me what party I belong to, and every single time you fail to answer. I know it's because you're the dumbest sack that posts here, but why do you think you're unable to come up with an answer?

Here's another exercise in futility...what about my posting history would lead a moron like you to believe I give a crap about political correctness or everyone wins?

Unfortunately for all involved, you'll reply to this post, and fail to make any point, as usual.
    I can't believe I used to hate this guy.......
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I used to dislike him too - now I just view him as a grumpy rascist who drinks to much. Retirement must be driving him batty !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Monday March 9, 2015 @ 2 PM @ K Mart in West Seneca spoken to a 75 years old 6'5 Native American male who was waring a REDSKINS HAT "I am a Redskin he said, all my brothers are redskins as he cracked a smile and chuckled" He said this Lancaster redskin issue was the white mans guilt but I could see he was proud of his redskin baseball hat on his head.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

geeeezzzz...when will people stoip trying to find an excuse to excuse the inexcusable. Lancaster and Washington need to just change the name and stop the silly attempts to find native americans who aren't upset with their race being used as a mascot - regardless of whether or not they think the term is derogatory. We need to stop treating ethnic groups like animals.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...eting-20150309

One of the comments -

There had to be police called because the Redskins supporters were threatening the peaceful Native people of the area. No respect its 2015 isnt it? Native women talked to very disrespectfully by some of the staff, parents and students was sickening.
    That makes us Lancasterites look real good.

Georgia L Schlager

Oh please you tell him that ....and how come after 67 years this is becoming an issue, my take on this whole thing if you don't like America then you can live in another country. Political correctness running crazy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Riven, that's kind of like how only a black guy can call another black guy the "n" word :.)
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Oh please you tell him that ....and how come after 67 years this is becoming an issue, my take on this whole thing if you don't like America then you can live in another country. Political correctness running crazy !!!
    right...just like when the founders declared "all men are created equal"..well...not black men. There was no problem for 250 years with slavery and then all of a sudden people wanted to start a war over it. If the abolitionists didn't like slavery they should have moved to another country!

Human dignity is not "political correctness". Grow up and stop thinking like an eight grader.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    right...just like when the founders declared "all men are created equal"..well...not black men. There was no problem for 250 years with slavery and then all of a sudden people wanted to start a war over it. If the abolitionists didn't like slavery they should have moved to another country!

Human dignity is not "political correctness". Grow up and stop thinking like an eight grader.
    Stop it nogods you are making too much sense. This is indeed not about political correctness but about human dignity and respect. Game, set match. All else is distraction and a vain attempt to make a wrong into a right.

Who's pulling the strings -

First and most importantly - If the School has been making moves for over 3 years to remove the name -
    WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?

Lancaster - thanks to a small group has been forced into the National Racism Debate !

Why stall this off and help foster and then prolong this embarrassing debate.

There is no rational reason - unless as many believe its mainly a "Political Attention getter" - well their right its a attention getter - in all the wrong ways.

It shows President K.Graber cant make a decision - so why would he deserve a higher office ?

It shows how with a little money and social media - Past School Board Member Mrs Christopher and her "anonymous Donor" can manipulate so many people. They can create this embarrassing Dog and Pony Show - incite our school aged students - march in their parents and drag in all the Teams past Glory Boys.

Politically its a big hit for her

__________________________________________________ _

The school headed by President Kenneth Graber has indicated it will be a board decision.
    Earlier he said, we will discuss it - " hear the people and discuss it some more" (Quote from Bufnews)
    Board/Admin was quoted as stating it might not make a final decision until "Late 2015 - early 2016"(quoted in the Bufnews)

President K.Graber has also indicated his intentions of running for local Political Office.(quoted in the Bufnews)
    -------------------------------

"Brenda Christopher, a leader of the pro-mascot group and a former board member, criticized the district for not running a fair forum last week". (Bufnews)

She too wants to be reelected to the school board - lately some say she has garnered enough followers that it could propel her to a possible Town Board run instead. Wasn't that her and her financial backers goal all along !

She has actually claimed members of her group want School Superintendent Michael J. Vallely removed because of the "Mascot Issue"(quote Bufnews)

--------------------------------

Many believe a local Developer in actually the deep pocketed "Anonymous Donor" - who paid to fly in two out of state "Pro Red Skin" self proclaimed "Native Indians" - and paid for the banners hung in the Village of Lancaster. No funding statements from Mrs Christophers group have been exposed to date.

Many also believe this same Developer has financed much of Mrs Christopher's Political endeavors.

That same developer is believed to be behind this and other "Political Movements" in Lancaster and Depew. This in a effort to cement his influence and control over local Politics and development.
    Last edited by 4248; March 10th, 2015 at 12:00 PM.

http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201...ot_debate.html

As an individual who finds the name Redskin offensive and supportive of the name change, I found the Lancaster Bee report on Monday evening’s Lancaster Central School District’s (LCSD) spot on from talking to attendees; and interesting for the following reasons:

Roughly 2/3’s of the speakers were for Redskin name change.

And yet it was the pro name organizers that rallied the members to attend and speak out by the pro organizer(s) at both the forum meeting and Monday evening.

Brenda Christopher, a former member of the School Board and vocal member of the pro-mascot group, accused Superintendent Michael Vallely and the board of allowing more anti- than pro-mascot people into last week’s forum.

“Obviously the meeting that was set up was stacked against us. I’d like to know how that happened,” she said.

Vallely vehemently disagreed with the accusations, saying there was simply more anti-mascot support.

“No pro-mascot person that was signed up was excluded, but about 37 anti-mascot people had to be turned away,” he said. “We had 100 percent anti-mascot attendance, but many pro-mascot people did not show up.”

What was not stated in the Bee report was that Mrs. Christopher declared Monday evening that she would FOIA for the selection process and would substantiate her claim of imbalance and unfairness. One way or the other the FOIA report should be made public. Not only did some Christopher supporters not show up at the forum, but her co-organizer, Joe M. did not take his seat at the forum table but stood in the background.

BTW – Why is there no disclosure on who paid for the services of the two alleged ‘fake’ out of town Native Americans brought in to support the ‘Keep the Redskin name’ coalition? I am being told it was not a developer a poster suspected, but rather two Lancaster business types who provide town services.

While attendees of the meeting fell on either side of the issue, a common thread was an urge to make the decision soon.

I agree. LCSD has suffered enough bad press and relationships with other school districts. Furthermore, this is more than some individuals just saying that this is another example of coercion resulting from ‘political correctness’. Saying, “Hey, I mean you no harm by using your name in an offensive and derisive manner,” just makes no sense and in no way corrects a wrong.

But hey, what do I know. I am not a Lancaster Redskin. But I have resided in the Lancaster Central School District and paid its school taxes for 42 years. My three children were educated through high school in LCSD. Some of the members in the pro Redskin coalition can’t say the same about their children. What does that say about pride and tradition? What does that say about the quality of education provided by LCSD?

At the same time I have become an ardent supporter of the school district since I have witnessed the significant academic improvement that came along since the hiring of Superintendent Dr. Michael Vallely. He advocated challenging the students with a more rigorous curriculum in preparation for the Common Core Standards that were being introduced. And the pro Redskin name coalition is calling for his resignation; seriously?

Step by step - inch by inch we see how the "Facebook Friends of the mascot" have been used and manipulated.

Now the person who used them wants to run for elected office ?

By who you ask - Mrs Christopher and her friends.

Lets see now - Lee eludes to one backer/partner "Mr.M" - one can only imagine why Lee felt he shouldn't name this man ? Rumors surround him and his involvement. Lets get real Lee - state his name and I'll fill in the blanks for you.

Now we have a new group of exposed but still hidden players - as Lee called them, "two Lancaster business types who provide town services" - Some will say they acted out of love for the "Mascot" - some will say they enjoy the money from their "Political Connections" and see a way to solidify those connections.

Now lets look further at the "Political Connection" I and others have been accused of inventing !

Most players named in recent articles are either running for local office or will soon be - they them selves have announced their intentions to do so.

Mrs.Christopher has announced this finaly in public - but only after getting front page in the mascot issue she helped create.(quote from Bufnews). She was on the school board before - why didn't she tackle it then ?

Mr.Graber has also announced his intention to seek higher office(quoted in the Bufnews and here on Speakup)

I asked from day one - "Who paid for the banners" - "Who paid for the outside Pro Natives to be flown in from other states" - Isnt it funny others are just now asking those same questions !

Lastly:
    Another connection will be exposed when "Mr.M" is identified - I can all but guarantee he's a well known "Party Player" - why Lee was to shy to identify him is puzzling - but that's his decision. I was not present so I cant provide that answer - yet !

Look, I only state what I can back up - yet when I don't provide certain info - ahead of public verification - I get my head handed to me.

I have already been subject to unsuccessful intimidation, fruitless law suit and public assault stemming from "Politics" (all documented) - yet when I see truth - I will point it out. I have no fear of doing so - sooner or later truth does win out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Step by step - inch by inch we see how the "Facebook Friends of the mascot" have been used and manipulated.

Now the person who used them wants to run for elected office ?

By who you ask - Mrs Christopher and her friends.

Lets see now - Lee eludes to one backer/partner "Mr.M" - one can only imagine why Lee felt he shouldn't name this man ? Rumors surround him and his involvement. Lets get real Lee - state his name and I'll fill in the blanks for you.

Now we have a new group of exposed but still hidden players - as Lee called them, "two Lancaster business types who provide town services" - Some will say they acted out of love for the "Mascot" - some will say they enjoy the money from their "Political Connections" and see a way to solidify those connections.

Now lets look further at the "Political Connection" I and others have been accused of inventing !

Most players named in recent articles are either running for local office or will soon be - they them selves have announced their intentions to do so.

Mrs.Christopher has announced this finaly in public - but only after getting front page in the mascot issue she helped create.(quote from Bufnews). She was on the school board before - why didn't she tackle it then ?

Mr.Graber has also announced his intention to seek higher office(quoted in the Bufnews and here on Speakup)

I asked from day one - "Who paid for the banners" - "Who paid for the outside Pro Natives to be flown in from other states" - Isnt it funny others are just now asking those same questions !

Lastly:
    Another connection will be exposed when "Mr.M" is identified - I can all but guarantee he's a well known "Party Player" - why Lee was to shy to identify him is puzzling - but that's his decision. I was not present so I cant provide that answer - yet !

Look, I only state what I can back up - yet when I don't provide certain info - ahead of public verification - I get my head handed to me.

I have already been subject to unsuccessful intimidation, fruitless law suit and public assault stemming from "Politics" (all documented) - yet when I see truth - I will point it out. I have no fear of doing so - sooner or later truth does win out.
    I hate to be the one to break this to you, but politics are about competing ideologies and policies. If Christopher and people like her are unhappy with the polices of the current board, that is exactly what she and her followers should do - run for election to take over the board and change those policies.

You seem to be deathly afraid of voting by your fellow citizens.

Hey 4248:

You advised me in a recent post to move on, but you can’t and charge me to name names.

I would have thought that the Lancaster general population would know that Joe M. is Joseph Maciejewski, former school board member and overall passionate school district supporter; especially when he attended a town board meeting and challenged Supervisor Fudoli’s charges that the school district was squandering money. Why is he not entitled to his opinion and support for keeping the Redskin name? And BTW, Mr. Maciejewski is no longer a resident in the town of Lancaster so I can't understand why you are so interested in having his name spelled out.

As for the others referred to in my recent post, they are individuals who names have been mentioned by others, have not been substantiated as doing anything, and are entitled to their opinions and actions – covert and as ill-intended as they may be. Does this really surprise you?

That said, I agree that this matter has become politically charged and will become part of the school district and town board election races. So what, everything is about politics. Both pro and anti Redskin supporters are passionate in their beliefs and were entitled to use whatever resources were available to further their positions.

While it is apparently important to you divulge who paid for what, or what losing side member should be marginalized/demeaned, I only take issue with bringing in alleged ‘fake’ American Natives and the charge that the forum was rigged. And, both political parties have taken sides and said some pretty nasty stuff.

The focus of this issue should be whether the Redskin name is acceptable or offensive and should be changed. The Lancaster BOE has gathered enough information in writing, at forums and at regular meetings to make a decision as to what is in the best interests of the community. A quick decision is in order.

And the decision should be made by the BOE and despite the fact that the pro Redskin group charged that BOE president Ken Graber should not be part of the decision making and voting processes as he is not a Redskin. Looney tunes.

Let the politics take care of itself, this is about doing the right thing.

OK - I get it - Its all about Politcs. Thanks for reminding me - I think I said that from day one.

I think there was no place in any paragraph I wrote that "Blamed any one Party entirely" -

Yes, its no surprise to me one of Joey's Boys named Mr. Maciejewski was a behind the scenes participant.

- Well known past school board member, High ranking Party Player - Democrat Committee Black suit - Tax assessment officer for Erie County - close associate of J.Cipola - he loves carrying the load behind the scenes. Yes - I know more than I need to about him and his associates - Politically speaking.

Now, piece by piece of what I stated when this started is coming together as truth - you say I should back off

Don't accuse me of not backing up what I said prior - when you called it "Claptrap and innuendo" -

But now, when everything I said is being exposed as truth - you say - I should move on - well then quit challenging me or condemning me every time I say something you don't agree with.

When I said - back off - I meant from attacking me - or don't you get that ?

I say you have your right to free speech and your opinions - so do I.

You accuse me of calling this Red Skin Dog and Pony show "Politically" motivated as wrong - then you and Nogods say - "Its all Political"

The school BOE was slowly moving towards removing the offensive name. Yes, they have dragged their feet - every single person involved has wasted time and aided in inflaming this conversation.

Politicians are opportunistic - they see an opening they can exploit and they rush in to get votes.

You and others like Nogods say - OH yes there's "Politics" at play here - but if I say it you again admonish me.

I am not involved in the Red Skin debate - If there's a public vote - I will vote - my vote is between me and God.

Nogods himself has condemned this Red Skin Dog and Pony show - now that he see its mainly his Dem friends behind the facebook thing and their future campaign for office he says - "If Christopher and people like her are unhappy with the polices of the current board, that is exactly what she and her followers should do - run for election to take over the board and change those policies." -

Yet he now ignores she has been the one behind what he labelled as rude - ignorant and ridiculous in this day and age.

Get off my back - when I say something its because its there and maybe not obvious to people like the newer students and their parents - like the fact they are being played.

Why are they being played - so some Political wanna be's and their handlers can run them for elected office. In part by using their new voter connections resulting from this whole National Embarrassment.

Why, so those Party Players behind them can then once again position them selves for favorable treatment when needed - and help secure the control of local Politics.

Disprove what I stated - until then - don't judge the worth or relevance of my posts until and unless you can prove them as invalid. Your a facts guy - a number cruncher - try and apply that to what I post.

Thank you one and all for reading this
    Last edited by 4248; March 12th, 2015 at 08:39 PM.

take your meds...for the sake of everyone on this forum, please take your meds.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information