Thread: The Buffalo news is doing a good job on the DA issue

The Buffalo News coverage has been excellent. So, Sedita says that he can't prosecute without referral, and about a dozen experts say that is not true. Is he lying or is he ignorant of the rules of his own job? And he denies a conflict of interest with Pigeon, even though Pigeon helped his campaign? Can a prosecutor be removed from office by the Attorney General?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is the current status of the guy who was put on leave? I think he name was mark.

Why would they put anyone on leave for looking into something not legal?

Someone has to have final say in what is legal or not

I have a couple friends working at the DA's office and I have heard about some of the game playing going on. I can't be more specific than that because it is hearsay at this point. I give Mark A. Sacha a lot of credit for standing up even if it took a while before he did. This is a perfect example of what I have been saying all along on this message board that the problems of government lie with the politicians not necessarily with the common civil service worker.
    My music is the expression of my soul. If my song is censored, I'll sing it loud somewhere else.

a Special Prosecutor must be appointed

I think there is no longer any alternative – a Special Prosecutor must be appointed. If that doesn't happen, it leaves the appearance of (in)justice being 'bought” by political favors. I, like others on this board, have heard rumors about Pigeon. It's time those rumors were examined.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by 4music View Post
    I have a couple friends working at the DA's office and I have heard about some of the game playing going on. I can't be more specific than that because it is hearsay at this point. I give Mark A. Sacha a lot of credit for standing up even if it took a while before he did. This is a perfect example of what I have been saying all along on this message board that the problems of government lie with the politicians not necessarily with the common civil service worker.
    we lost our voices due to the politicians!!

If the district attorney gave an interview in which he said that he didn't have the resources to prosecute burglary what do you suppose would happen? The number of burglaries would sky rocket and the people would be outraged that the DA wasn't doing his job. Whenever a law enforcement official publicly announces that he won't/can't enforce a law its's an open invitation to violate that law. My guess is that Sedita took an oath to uphold the all laws of New York State, not the laws of NYS except the Election Law or all those laws except the ones that he doesn't want to devote resources to enforcing. To me this a bigger issue than "l'affair de Sacha". A DA has publicly announced that he won't enforce certain laws except for "egregious" violations. What's an "egregious" violation? Is that defined in the Elections Law? Of course not! Frankly, I think a coded message was being sent that this DA will not prosecute election law violations by Democrats but only those alleged against Republicans which will be classified as "egregious" which term is only definable by this DA.

Thread Information