4 Year
    Alice Magierski (D)

TOWN JUSTICE
    4 Year
    Paul S. Piotrowski (D)

TOWN SUPERINTENDENT OF HIGHWAYS
    4 Year
    Mark D. Wegner (D)

Ricky Rusinek, and Rick Zydel are names have been hearing to run for the board. Ricky is the junk yard guy with lots of $$$. then useless and former board member Zydell.

holtz has to go... mary retire to fl and collect your pension put on the thong and hang out at the beach hic cup. , dump truck jerry has to go only thing he worries about is his business that the kid is running for him. fish fry mark time to go need some new leadership in the Highway dept retire hang out at the bar and make fish frys.. hic cup.
    alice the old fart just a figure head go retire..
    cheektowaga needs new blood not old politicial hacks running the town but the people keep voting these people in office...
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post

holtz has to go... mary retire to fl and collect your pension...
    Holtz is already collecting a pension when she retired as town clerk. So when she retires as supervisor she will be collecting two pensions

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    Holtz is already collecting a pension when she retired as town clerk. So when she retires as supervisor she will be collecting two pensions
    She will be collecting just the one $62,069 pension that she is collecting now. She is not contributing to her pension in her position as supervisor.

Georgia L Schlager

OKAY you big mouth board people who talk all year on what you would do better ...RUN for office I challenge those big mouths to RUN for office give me a better plan for the town and I'll vote for you otherwise keep bitching on the sidelines and do nothing but bitch.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    OKAY you big mouth board people who talk all year on what you would do better ...RUN for office I challenge those big mouths to RUN for office give me a better plan for the town and I'll vote for you otherwise keep bitching on the sidelines and do nothing but bitch.
    They don't have to run themselves - but they do have to do more than flap their lips on SUWNY. They need to find a candidate they like (or just a non-incumbent if they can't find one they like), then join their campaign - contribute money if you have it, contribute time if you have it, but do something more than rah rah from the sidelines.

One of the most valuable things you can do for a candidate is take the candidate or his or her flyers door to door in your neighborhood. Won't cost you a penny - just your time. Much more effective then a flyer delivered by the mail. Even knocking on doors in other neighborhoods is more effective then a flyer delivered by mail.

With a contribution of time or money or both you can turn your one vote into 100's or 1000's. It isn't rocket science. But it is work.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    She will be collecting just the one $62,069 pension that she is collecting now. She is not contributing to her pension in her position as supervisor.
    Maybe she just collects one pension now - she should also be eligible for a tax deferred compensation program - which means she can dump her Town salary(up to legal limits) into a deferred comp program. This means she pays no tax on the money deposited - so her check is tax funded - then she avoids paying her share of income taxes by putting it into her "Defered Comp Account".

She doesn't have to "Pay into" her Towns pension to gain usuable credits(last I knew, may have changed) - but she will still be able to combine her final income to increase her final/total tax funded retirement check.

Theres a bunch of loopwholes they use - most taxpayers have no idea how many things these people qualify for. Until someone makes it public - and none of them are in any hurry to - they just act like they are "Serving the public"

One guy I knew used to say - "I only get about $250. a week" - then we broke it down - he went to 2 meetings a month - the meetings were for two hours or less - so he was receiving $500.00 for 2 hours or $250. an hour.

Then we found out he got full healthcare - full prescription plan - Aflac insurance and credits for a NYS Tax Funded pension because they claimed he qualified as a Part Time Employee. The Town put him in as working 19 hours a week.

So break that down - $250.00 a week divided by 19 = $13. dollars an hour(+/-) - I guess that doesn't look like much. Then throw in cost of pension, healthcare, lost income taxes(because of deferred Comp) - well you get the idea !

And remember that's just one - less than part time Party Playin public servant. Now imagine how much the big boys are rippin !

But those community minded Players are doing it all because they love their Town/Village and so on - BULLSHEETS
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Maybe she just collects one pension now - she should also be eligible for a tax deferred compensation program - which means she can dump her Town salary(up to legal limits) into a deferred comp program. This means she pays no tax on the money deposited - so her check is tax funded - then she avoids paying her share of income taxes by putting it into her "Defered Comp Account".

She doesn't have to "Pay into" her Towns pension to gain usuable credits(last I knew, may have changed) - but she will still be able to combine her final income to increase her final/total tax funded retirement check.

Theres a bunch of loopwholes they use - most taxpayers have no idea how many things these people qualify for. Until someone makes it public - and none of them are in any hurry to - they just act like they are "Serving the public"

One guy I knew used to say - "I only get about $250. a week" - then we broke it down - he went to 2 meetings a month - the meetings were for two hours or less - so he was receiving $500.00 for 2 hours or $250. an hour.

Then we found out he got full healthcare - full prescription plan - Aflac insurance and credits for a NYS Tax Funded pension because they claimed he qualified as a Part Time Employee. The Town put him in as working 19 hours a week.

So break that down - $250.00 a week divided by 19 = $13. dollars an hour(+/-) - I guess that doesn't look like much. Then throw in cost of pension, healthcare, lost income taxes(because of deferred Comp) - well you get the idea !

And remember that's just one - less than part time Party Playin public servant. Now imagine how much the big boys are rippin !

But those community minded Players are doing it all because they love their Town/Village and so on - BULLSHEETS

Of course not everyone gets what your friend got. And deferred comp means deferred tax, not no tax. And at $250/ hour he must be a plumber or something.

Again you ignore reality: A Town Councilmember gets $24,000.00 a year - + benefits and tax funded retirement credits.

They attend 2(two) board meetings a month - those meetings average 2(two hours+/-).

They are credited as "Part Time Employees" and get credited for 19 hour work week. -

So one meeting every two weeks = 2 hours(+/-) which they actually are credited with working 38 hours for that biweekly check - with me so far Grump?

Do your own math and tell me how you figure it - the Town also pays for their pension credits - what's that worth (cost to tax payers) in your eyes ?

Deferred comp means instead of paying tax on their money in todays tax rate - they get to deduct that "Before tax money" each year as if they didn't earn it. Is that a fair statement ?

Then when they start using it - after retirement - they are taxed at a reduced rate on what they take out each year - isn't that fair to say that at that point in life their taxable income will be reduced because they are retired - so there fore they will pay a lower rate(not the full rate when earned) - can you see that ?

Instead of helping them by playing word games with me(and who ever reads this) - try and answer intelligently and with some sense of honestly instead of blowing your smoke.

To everyone else - do the math - look at the reality and judge for yourself - are you as a average wage earner given the same breaks and pensions these Politicians are getting ? Do you enjoy the same tax funded pension systems - do you get to hide money by taking it out of your paycheck so your not taxed on it ?

That's the bottom line - these elected and appointed "Public Servants" are enjoying tax funded life styles subsidized by our tax dollars.
    Last edited by 4248; February 27th, 2015 at 05:47 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information