Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Max v. Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob
    I dont like changing people just to see a new face. quinn is doing a good job and the dems know it that is why they threw an untested kid at him, if the guy gets beat they can claim they just wanted to get his name out for later runs, when in trueth they could not find a career polititian to chalenge quinn

and I dont claim to be perfect like some of you do if my spelling and gramer is wrong I dont care
    You should be Jack Quinn Jr's advisor. Your lack of caring or improving your faults would be perfect in reassuring Quinn that he's doing a great job and will win in the upcoming election, even as New York State slowly rots around him.

I noticed that in 4 pages, people like Big Guy have done nothing but bash Max while praise Quinn for menial things like showing up at parades, and having a popular father.

Oh yea, that is how he won the election last time, so I guess bringing up his father is always worth using a second time around.

Since I haven't seen much of it over the past 4 pages, or really the rest of the forums, what good has Jack Quinn done for New York State?

Quote Originally Posted by Omali
    Oh yea, that is how he won the election last time, so I guess bringing up his father is always worth using a second time around.

Since I haven't seen much of it over the past 4 pages, or really the rest of the forums, what good has Jack Quinn done for New York State?

What exactly has Max Tresmond done for New York State??

I think the Max supporter(s) are missing the point and tone. He claims to be a fresh face with young ideas, yet he only talks about his opponent's last name and fortunate bloodlines along with cheap campaign stunts talking about how his Quinn's father helps him financially. What a surprise, a father helping his son. Maybe if we had more of that in NYS we would all be better off, but, I digress....

Max should stick to the topics and maintain his integrity for his next race by not being so negative. Play up his strengths. We would all be better off.

an appropriate response to "What has Max Tresmond done for NYS?"

I fail to see the logic in your question "What exactly has Max Tresmond done for New York State?" It defies common sense to ask an incumbent oriented question about a non-incumbent. After reading through the litany of posts regarding the Tresmond-Quinn race this year, I have not seen any of Mr. Quinn's supporters produce one bill passed by the incumbent assemblyman that would bring Western New York \forward into the future. When that article came out in The Buffalo News I was upset that a Congressman I had believed was doing the right thing tried to skirt the campaign finance laws. Mr. McCarthy's article pointed out a serious issue. Why do I support Mr. Tresmond? The reason is simple. He came to my door and shared his platform with me. He didn't once mention his opponent in his visit with me. My neighbor had the same experience with him.

First off, whoever said I was a Quinn supporter?

I was merely pointing out that the negative attitude/campaigning from such a young guy is distressing. We need new blood and ideas, not the same old cheap political tactics.

If you read the old posts on this topic, this guy might as well be some 50 year old wannabe that is running for a seat that nobody else wanted to run for just because he doesn't like the incumbent's father. And my point to "what has Max done for NY" was just along those lines. I don't want to hear that Jack Sr. was a congressman, that everyone in the district is stupid because they thought they were votin for senior, that the Quinn family is bad because they have public jobs or that the father is helpin his son ( and how is that a bad thing? or unexpected).

I want to hear why we should vote for this guy and why he is good for NYS!! And that he is capable enough to get it done.

And not the "I am for lowering taxes and creating jobs" because I have heard it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by Omali
    You should be Jack Quinn Jr's advisor. Your lack of caring or improving your faults would be perfect in reassuring Quinn that he's doing a great job and will win in the upcoming election, even as New York State slowly rots around him.

I noticed that in 4 pages, people like Big Guy have done nothing but bash Max while praise Quinn for menial things like showing up at parades, and having a popular father.

Max doesn't seem to have a problem touting his own history of profiting from nepotism (His listed "experience and credentials" in past threads seems to consist of following his dad around, helping in his office and with his political interests). Maybe Mr. Tresmond's father should run....
    “Anyone who says they are not interested in politics is like a drowning man who insists he is not interested in water”

Max's NPAT

I for one really enjoy the idea of kids my age getting involved in politics.
    However, something I really do not enjoy is bad politics.

A prime example of bad politics would be Max's position on increasing funding across the board and compounding that by dropping taxes across the board. These two objectives absolutely cannot coexist. Hell, they can barely happen independently.

To get an idea of what Max's positions are, take a look at this questionare he filled out himself for Project Vote Smart.

http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?can_id=MNY10968

Quote Originally Posted by MattKent
    I for one really enjoy the idea of kids my age getting involved in politics.
    However, something I really do not enjoy is bad politics.

A prime example of bad politics would be Max's position on increasing funding across the board and compounding that by dropping taxes across the board. These two objectives absolutely cannot coexist. Hell, they can barely happen independently.

To get an idea of what Max's positions are, take a look at this questionare he filled out himself for Project Vote Smart.

http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?can_id=MNY10968
    Interesting how he wants to increase funding to all of the public programs he'd benefit from and raise taxes he doesn't have to pay, aid causes that affect him, and ignore those of everyone else. I like how he not only didn't comment on gay marriage, hate crimes or affirmative action, but he didn't even support the privacy of minors - requiring that abortions be reported to parents.

Nice to know that he cares so much - about lowering his tuition and limiting only those campaign contributers who wouldn't throw him a wooden dime and a match if he were freezing to death.

You'd think someone so ostensibly concerned with political corruption would support the release of campaign funding records, wouldn't you?
    “Anyone who says they are not interested in politics is like a drowning man who insists he is not interested in water”

We are a little over a week away...

Any new stunts in the Quinn/Tresmond race?? besides Max littering the public right of ways with (too many) signs?? Judgin by the corners on Rt 5, he must have overordered for the number of houses he had to put them on!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information