Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackout at City Hall

Blackout at City Hall

Well, City Hall closed early today due to a power failure. Supposedly a contractor working on Seneca Street did something wrong and knocked out power from Leonard al lthe way down Abbott into South Buffalo (Woodside area) back up to South Park to Maplegrove over Ridge to the Bridge entering the First Ward. I heard the police department was out also!!

We don't have any back-up generators?? Do we even have an Emergency Service Coordinator??? What would happen igf there was a REAL emergency?

Doesn't look like they could handle it!!

Unregistered
    anybody know who the contractor is and what they were doing?

I was in 780 Ridge Rd. (corner of Ridge and S. Park), the power was on with no interruption in service not even a flicker. I came out of the building at about 12 pm to discover all the street lights were out on ridge road. I drove to Abbott, all those street lights were out. Wonder why City Hall's power went out, but not 780 or 790 Ridge (OLV/Baker Victory buildings)?

I'm in south buffalo and we had lost power for a while. It sucked because I was trying to get housework done and couldn't use my vac or my washer and dryer.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

oh, so some residential homes were affected too. I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    oh, so some residential homes were affected too. I didn't know that.
    I think most of sb was effected.. i could be wrong
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    I was in 780 Ridge Rd. (corner of Ridge and S. Park), the power was on with no interruption in service not even a flicker. I came out of the building at about 12 pm to discover all the street lights were out on ridge road. I drove to Abbott, all those street lights were out. Wonder why City Hall's power went out, but not 780 or 790 Ridge (OLV/Baker Victory buildings)?

Back-up generators??? This facility has its own building with generators and its own supply of natural gas. Generators are housed on Baker Alley. All of City Hall was out.....doesn't say too much for emergency service coordination! Like I said, I heard the police department was also out. We should probably direct questions to the Director of Public Safety, Richard Startek.

I was on the road heading over to Abbott Rd Plaza when the power went out. South Buffalo, parts of West Seneca and many parts of Lackawanna...Ridge Rd. to center street bridge were dark. At any rate all the bank people seemed in quite a state so, why point the finger at City Hall? Everyone had to wait it out.....we are all dependent on electricity. We have had many storms etc. that knocked out the electricity over the years....I do not understand why Cath is always pointing the finger at City Hall. Everyone should have an emergency plan including US!

Give it Up Cath! Get on with your life!!!! You are far too consumed with City Hall.......

You would think the police department and city hall would have a generator in case of a disaster hitting the city. Obviously they do not. I will have to look into this obvious problem in regards to public safety. To myself personally this would be only common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    I was on the road heading over to Abbott Rd Plaza when the power went out. South Buffalo, parts of West Seneca and many parts of Lackawanna...Ridge Rd. to center street bridge were dark. At any rate all the bank people seemed in quite a state so, why point the finger at City Hall? Everyone had to wait it out.....we are all dependent on electricity. We have had many storms etc. that knocked out the electricity over the years....I do not understand why Cath is always pointing the finger at City Hall. Everyone should have an emergency plan including US!

Give it Up Cath! Get on with your life!!!! You are far too consumed with City Hall.......
    You answered your own question. There should be an emergency plan in place for Lackawanna's Police and City Hall. Cath829 pointed out a major flaw that needs to be addressed, what's wrong with that?

Unregistered
    It's one thing for a mod to remove offensive posts.... but to remove posts because some people are having alittle fun at that mods expense is alittle self serving and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post

The police department run out of that building incase you have forgotten. What if there was a terrible emergency on oh, say, Peach Street and the orange building was unable to receive the call?? Who's fault would that have been?

I am saying that City Hall should have generators to run their building when power is terminated for whatever reason. Oh, but then I forgot....norm can run the city from our SUV.

There should be back up generators and/or back up battery devices so city business can function properly throughout the building. They CLOSED the building!! DAYLIGHT HOURS! Is that why this site was so quiet that day??

Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    It's one thing for a mod to remove offensive posts.... but to remove posts because some people are having alittle fun at that mods expense is alittle self serving and silly.

If you are referring to the posts where you were trying to start trouble, well you are at it again.....I am unable to remove posts, yours or anyone else who posts. You are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    What if there was a terrible emergency on oh, say, Peach Street and the orange building was unable to receive the call?? Who's fault would that have been?
    Why, that could be a literal disaster.

Literally!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information