Thread: Bharara lays out Silver case, hints at more arrests

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Bharara lays out Silver case, hints at more arrests

Updated: January 22, 2015 4:38 p.m.

The arrest of Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver shook New York politics Thursday, but federal prosecutors may be just getting started.
    U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara told reporters Thursday to "stay tuned" for more corruption cases in the wake of booking Mr. Silver, a longtime Albany power broker of immeasurable influence.
    After detailing Mr. Silver's alleged crimes, from accepting kickbacks from a real estate law firm to using 9/11 victims exposed to asbestos in a scheme involving Assembly grant money, Mr. Bharara said his officers would continue to wage an "unfinished fight against public corruption.

Read the Full Article

I thought this was cute

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I thought this was cute
    I only hope he takes Cuomo with him.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You think Cuomo is involved? Or more because he shutdown the Moreland group once he noticed it was going to shed light on the social club he's a member of.. IE: Democratic Party besides any people in the Republican party?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You think Cuomo is involved? Or more because he shutdown the Moreland group once he noticed it was going to shed light on the social club he's a member of.. IE: Democratic Party besides any people in the Republican party?

I have heard that most of the evidence stacked against Silver was actually discovered by the Moreland Commission. So if that's the case, Cuomo would have undoubtedly known about this well in advance of Bahara's indictment of Silver. Whatever the Moreland Commission knew, Cuomo knew hence he shut it down.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    I only hope he takes Cuomo with him.
    Spoken like a loyal member of the BTF! I'm intrigued by Cuomo's proposal to give high achieving teachers a $20,000 bonus. Given that most teachers get high rankings whether or not they deserve them I would think teacher unions would love it. I hope Cuomo goes too if for no other reason than he's such an arrogant ****.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I'm intrigued by Cuomo's proposal to give high achieving teachers a $20,000 bonus.

Hmm, good point. I wonder if the teachers union is partly responsible for lighting this fire under the administrations ass because they have been so unhappy with Cuomo. Giving out a $20,000 bonus is such a crazy thing to do. I wonder if he is trying to appease them. Hasn't Silver always been a favorite with the teachers union?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Speaker & teachers are very close. Cuomo and teachers not so much.

Thread Information