Thread: Speaker Sheldon Silver arrested

Thumbs up Speaker Sheldon Silver arrested

One of the highest ranking politicians DEMO/LIB in this state that has ruined this state over the years is in custody voted for the safe act raised taxes, drove out small business etc.. etc.. they are all crooks

NY Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver accused of $6 million bribery and kickback scheme, taken into custody

Silver, who has been one of the most powerful lawmakers in Albany for more than two decades, surrendered to authorities Thursday morning. A five-count federal complaint accuses him of accepting millions from firms seeking him to wield influence in Albany on their behalf.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2087758
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    I didn't get past #1, b/c it appears it's based on the same "HONEST SERVICE" complaint that Joe Bruno was accused and cleared of - what a joke - didn't work then, why should it work now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, counselor :.)
    Your concern is real and warranted. Both men wielded great power and influence and were consistently elected into their positions because of their support for the same ilk who drank from the same corrupt trough. That is why I consistently say that with rare exception all politicos suck. They are corrupt in office and become bigger skanks when they leave office to become corrupt lobbyists.

I didn't get past #1, b/c it appears it's based on the same "HONEST SERVICE" complaint that Joe Bruno was accused and cleared of - what a joke - didn't work then, why should it work now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, counselor :.)
    The last two counts of the complaint are based on extortion laws rather than the honest service law: extortion “under the color of law” — using his official position to commit extortion — and extortion conspiracy.

Steve Pigeon on wben morning show, what a dance that was. Steve should have just said right at the beginning he backs Sheldon. The dance around the questions was so typical of a spineless person.

Thanks NG, we will see how this plays out. It's telling that the majority of politicians back Sheldon (innocent until proven guilty) b/c, the odds are in their favor as the laws are written for them to slide.

NYC mayor, Bill DiBlasio called Silver "a man of integrity" in today's NY Post!

They 've got each other's backs. As DT warren pointed out, our esteemed lawmakers changed the law that effectively got Joe Bruno acquitted! (Reminds me if when Antoine Thompson attempted to change a law so he could profit on his own tort claim!
    One could look at the facts but why bother. Buffy please explain or have DT explain which esteemed lawmakers changed the law so that Bruno could walk. Was it the state legislature? Was it the Congress? When was that change enacted?

He's passed millions and millions uphill to his Party Buds.

The Courts are controlled by his buds and people he supported.

As long as he stands tall and takes his licks he wont be hurt to bad - he's just out stayed his usefulness.

He's exceeded his expected Political life span . Bye Bye !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information