Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Councilman Races

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Tsk-tsk!!! Must you always go looking for a fight?

Sometimes the BEST answer is NO ANSWER!

Just how was I looking for a fight? I simply asked you to clarify your post! Never mind, I already know what your answer is......Sometimes the BEST answer is NO ANSWER! If it wasn't about Andrea you would have answered. It was a simple yes or no answer to the question. Glad I don't have friends like you....backstabbing. Runs in your crowd.

I spent many hours with Andrea at her sale yesterday.....you weren't there long enough to help her. You just took 5 pictures and were on your way....you were only being NOSEY! I find it funny how you always come around her at election time, asking if you can help her with anything.....how many times a week do you "report" back to the "crowd" I referrd to up above???? You can't even see how "your own" use you. I find it quite amusing from this end!
    Last edited by cath829; October 11th, 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post

Just how was I looking for a fight? I simply asked you to clarify your post! Never mind, I already know what your answer is......Sometimes the BEST answer is NO ANSWER! If it wasn't about Andrea you would have answered. It was a simple yes or no answer to the question. Glad I don't have friends like you....backstabbing. Runs in your crowd.

I spent many hours with Andrea at her sale yesterday.....you weren't there long enough to help her. You just took 5 pictures and were on your way....you were only being NOSEY! I find it funny how you always come around her at election time, asking if you can help her with anything.....how many times a week do you "report" back to the "crowd" I referrd to up above???? You can't even see how "your own" use you. I find it quite amusing from this end!
    1. I do not "run in a crowd."
    2. Nosey? PLEASE!!! We recently sat together for two yard/garage sales and I was there the whole time. Not a word was spent talking about people... we did Bible talk!!!!!!!!!
    3. Come around at election time? Really? I have never stopped talking to Andrea. I have never offered to help her with election stuff just stuff in general to help a fellow human being. If I reacall, there are two times you sought out my help and I did help you. Now, was there more to that too?????
    4. I report back to the crowd? There is that crowd thing again. YOU are HALLUCINATING!!!!! There are four of you on this site who think that it is your personal "chat" line. Your conversations are heavy on paranoia and light on facts!
    5. My own uses me? WOW. I love it. I am my own person. I go where I want, when I want and say what I want. I have NEVER been asked to report anything to anyone. THAT IS A FACT.

This is my last conversation on this topic! ENDED. You will NOT bait me for another respose to feed the nonsense....Now, return to your crowd of paranoid whiners since you amuse yourselves with such truthless, hurtful gossip!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    1. I do not "run in a crowd."
    2. Nosey? PLEASE!!! We recently sat together for two yard/garage sales and I was there the whole time. Not a word was spent talking about people... we did Bible talk!!!!!!!!!
    3. Come around at election time? Really? I have never stopped talking to Andrea. I have never offered to help her with election stuff just stuff in general to help a fellow human being. If I reacall, there are two times you sought out my help and I did help you. Now, was there more to that too?????
    4. I report back to the crowd? There is that crowd thing again. YOU are HALLUCINATING!!!!! There are four of you on this site who think that it is your personal "chat" line. Your conversations are heavy on paranoia and light on facts!
    5. My own uses me? WOW. I love it. I am my own person. I go where I want, when I want and say what I want. I have NEVER been asked to report anything to anyone. THAT IS A FACT.

This is my last conversation on this topic! ENDED. You will NOT bait me for another respose to feed the nonsense....Now, return to your crowd of paranoid whiners since you amuse yourselves with such truthless, hurtful gossip!

I beleive the ONLY time I asked for your help is when you were the school superintendent....it was YOUR JOB! Second time.....can't recall ever asking you for anything other than what you were to do as the superintendent. Nothing more to it....just your job.

Yes, you have stopped talking to Andrea.....plenty of times. Especially when it doesn't suit your need.

I am FAR from paranoid nor am I hallucinating. Whatever it is you are on....check the label.

You may not have been asked to report back.....but you do. Remember I worked for your cousin. Plenty of times you hung up when I answered the phone. I even called you back and asked why you hung up. Your reply was that you didn't call Chuck. How did I get your number then? Caller ID!!

Oh, and Monica....everything I have posted IS THE TRUTH!!! You know it as well as I.

Since someone has attempted to divert everyones attention away from the topic, I'd like to go back to it:

It appears the Muslim community has been handed nicely decorated packages of poison by City Hall. Career politicians, ahh yes the devil incarnate. The "serpent" wise in deception, knew how to take Andrea's attempt to diplomatically resolve the concerns of the parking by the Mosque' by throwing her attempt into a pot, stirring and mixing it until something unrecognizable was concocted. Then it was strategically placed on a platter and served to the Muslim community. Once ingested by the Muslim community, the possession began. Wanting more leverage, City Hall offered political backing to Mr. Noman. This offer was a lovely sight with a big red bow. Upon opening the package however, the “serpent” immerged. The political backing was snatched away. People of the Muslim community please know that you have been duped by City Hall, the “serpent”. I am deeply upset that City Hall has done this to you just as I would be if it had been done to me. ALL the citizens of Lackawanna should ban together to fight the true enemy, which is City Hall.

Post Self-Serving Agendas!

The story continues of course, I am going out on a limb here-but it is all the truth and not meant to offend anyone just to open the eyes of folks.
    The Muslim Community are very intelligent and know exactly what happened and cunningly know how to use it all to their advantage.

And everything-EVERTHING revolves around the mighty vote, for BOTH SIDES! The Muslim Community is mad at City Hall because they did not get their backing when OMAR ran for the school board in 2007.
    Noman was promised the Democratic endorsement in 2005 and 2009 to run against me. The boys club used him to publicly humiliate me early 2009, then gave their backing back in 05' to Mr. T and now to Mr. J. He ran back in 97' too and Mr. E. won.

Fast forward to Primary Day 2009, out side St. Anthony's voting--I said to Omar I backed and worked hard for you for school board and you turn on me. His answer was, well city hall lied to noman.---I said ohhh, wrong answer-wrong reason for running for office. He should be running to help the people, our seniors-kids,the community. Not for revenge! Remember noman was a democratic committeeman for
    This past spring I was invited to join a coalition by the Muslim group to interview and back sincere political candidates to represent the 1st Ward. I thought it was going to be a strong power and voice to reckon with to get things accomplished for revitalization. I feel the group was a front to pick mine and the African-American Communities brains on what we were doing and to get in the know fon the street level issues. I feel used and the facts all line up, the group dissolved and the coalition never even interviewed me-just used me. Now mind you the only time I have ever seen noman in Bethlehem Park was a few months ago when he went by my house patrolling for sign count!
    Let's me briefly add that back in July 2006 when I went to the Chief of Police asking how my innocent memo got passed out to Muslim Community he screamed me out of his office, why did they not take care of the dangers way before I got in, his answer was,"BECAUSE WE GOT A GOOD REPORE' WITH THE ARABS!"
    I even believe the old web site CHANGE LACKAWANNA was set up to pick our brains on the issues, because an Muslim fellow told me he was involved and fixed something immediately for cath829.

I believe both groups use each other for leverage to get what they want for their self-serving deals and favors.
    Mr. Noman got that $19,000 piece of property for $1500.00 a total rip off to the taxpayers and gift to him as a bonus to run against me.
    Folks you can look back over the years and easily see the twisted path of poli-tricks. All of it on the backs of the general public who think they are voting for someone who cares about them.
    This is why nothing progresses in our city, year after year candidates and the party use each other-make their money and pass the baton to another incompetent player.
    This is the truth, as sad as it is. This is the incentive that keeps me fired up!
    I hate poli-tricks-and fake people. My other opponent Mr. M lied to my face at a group meeting--he said he started the tire burning protest group---even Mr. Noman came up to me afterward and admitted to me it was me and Joe Di. Go Figure. City Hall does not care at this point they just want me gone because they know I am onto their corruption. Go Figure!

Post Edit

This above post took me along time I edited as I wrote it but for some reason they did not take.
    Corrections should read a Muslim --not an,
    he was a democratic committeeman for over a decade. What has he accomplished for the First Ward? Noman used the boys club and democratic party to get what he wanted from city hall all along. I often discussed it with him, he knows this. I even said how I felt bad that they fed you little pork sandwiches at their cocktail parties and they should respect and cater to your religion.

That's it,I think, I hope you can follow the flow.

Have a great day all, Let's sort of try to forget this poli-tricks and enjoy our friends and family today(even though I am always on duty)!

God bless everyone who really cares and is trying to "CHANGE LACKAWANNA"! for OUR children who will soon inherit our contributions to it.
    I know my daughter wants no part of it BUT she could be in politics NOT poli-tricks because she grew up knowing my goals and dreams for a safe-clean -vibrant- thriving and friendly place to live and work---WHERE THE PEOPLE are the DIAMOND! I hate when people use other people to get their needs fulfilled.

Pathetic & Disappointing

Let's get back to the subject. I am still waiting to debate my opponent on the issues facing our city. Blight,playgrounds, buisness locations being empty, lack of accountability and open government. These are issues facing our city and we cannot expect any help from the state or feds to solve these problems. All of these problems were caused by the way the city handled the situation not the state etc. We blow money stupidly then expect a bailout from everyone else.The truck ban is another useless attemp to bleed money out of the state. In the meantime we now have to pay lawyers to fight Sorrrento Cheese who took us to court on the issue. The solution is to grandfather-in Sorrento and use the money we are spending on lawyers to either improve our playgrounds or rebuild a section of Ridge Rd.This is just common sense but the way we are doing this as a city almost makes me think that the city has a vendetta against Sorrento.The powers that be only think of short term effects never the long term effects of their decisions. For instance if you spent a little bit on playgrounds year after year it wouldn't be costing you a ton of money right now to improve them. Another problem is we obviously do not have someone checking on the playgrounds daily like they should be.If they were, I am sure the pictures I took of Avery would show a different story. That makes me wonder what is going on up in the ugly orange crate we call city hall.This is why I am running to help the people and making open government,accountability and transparency the focal point of my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Don't we elect representatives to represent the "Public"?
    Supposedly we do but the powers that control the city have forgot about this. They are to busy diverting people's attention away from the issues. At a recent meeting I went to in Hamburg the people I talked to there said the people that run your city never talk about issues just about that councilwoman.They also said they never ever hear anything about taxes open government and basic city needs. I said I agreed with them on that. This obsession city hall has with Andrea has diverted attention away from the problems facing our city. My wife and I couldn't even sit at the last council meeting and listen because some guy sitting next to us kept saying she's crazy isn't she, she's crazy. I want to hear the problems facing our city not about your opinion of somebody. Personally I think we need massive turnover at city hall because nobody has done their job representing the people the way it should be and they have forgotten that is who they represent.

Thumbs up

You know Dennis it would be hard to satisfy all residents and there would be no way to do it "all for all."

I would never forget when my local and county representatives ran a "door-to-door" campaigna few years ago. They-four of them-happened to be on a "road" and just past my house without stopping by my residency. It happened that I took my doberman Brutus the same minute as they stood in front my neigboor' house. Brutus barked (*imagine full size doberman-they one you see in action movies), they sudenly turned their heads and got scared because they didn't expect anybody to be outside. I took it as my opportunity to say, "Hello to All." Nothing more. Their faces got read and they turned and moved "forward" to accomplish their mission.
    I was not a citizen and could not vote at that time, but past the test and all interview a few weeks before that day. I had a scheduled swear-in ceremony and knew that I would vote in November. What do you think I thought about their "clear and door-to-door campaigns" propaganda show at that moment?

They didn't even bother to stop by and introduce themselves or leave a campaign' flyer. They had a list of all registered democrats on my and surrounding streets because they were the democratic team-United We Stay-and visited ONLY them. Sure, why waste time and introduce themselves to OTHERS. Can I say now they're my representatives?

It's not about being a democrat or republican and being registered member of other party. It's about community relations and residents outreach.

"Oh, Oh I thought, you just lost another voter." Did I vote for them in 2004? No. Did I vote for them in 2008? No.

I give you a credit to meeting all residents in your ward. Good for you. This is how people will remember you! Good luck!

Best,
    Last edited by zanna vaida; October 12th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks for comment Zanna. I know it is impossible to statisfy everyone but I will LISTEN to what people have to say unlike some of the people we have control. The my way or the highway menatlity is stupid and we need to have more discussion about the issues not just one point of view.

Thumbs up Public Place is for Public

Go for the "Meet the Candidate Night" at the Senior Center where more people can meet you and express their thought and ideas. Set up a time frame and provide refreshments. Listen.

The Night can be organized on a short notice. Reserve a place, post annoucement and flyers. Tell your committee to use the word of mouth advertising-very effective and cost efficient. Use advertiising in the Front Page and Penny Saver. It will cost you $50-60, but you'll get the name out. Total cost ~ $100 Have a donation jar to offset the cost. People in Lackawanna are generous and will always help.

You can always cancell the Night when and if something comes up. You're still have time to do the Night!

Post Walk in my shoes.....

I am only one but I am still one.....We only have one chance at life and as I look back over the past 20 years I feel good knowing I tried to help, but.....
    I wonder if I just did not listen to my inner voice and become a Community Activist, do you all think Lackawanna would now be/look like West Seneca and Hamburg which has always been my goal?
    If I did not try to run for office in 1999 I would have 15 years toward my retirement in and not be in a financial black hole. polanski and company would not have gone after my job and I would be going on trips and drive a new car like I used to.

I have made numerous personal sacrifices, by choice, trying to "CHANGE LACKAWANNA!" for the good of all, especially OUR babies.
    It just hit me----maybe there are more people who live here that DO NOT want to "CHANGE LACKAWANNA" and are happy with the pot holes, 1950 playgrounds,broken sidewalks, dangerous trees, poor planning, 1950 traffic control system, over grown lots, broken glass, empty store fronts, a Plaza stuck in the ---well that is a story in itself, a condemned city hall and Fire Hall, junky DPW stuff, juvenile delinquent kids who have no where constructive to hang out, a downtown business district that---another story by itself, patronage-nepotism, out of control
    corruption, etc!......!

I wonder........
    OK, go ahead enemies---rip me up. I don't care what you think of me. My only goal is to CHANGE LACKAWANNA for the good! To grab and preserve that old-fashioned brotherly love that binds neighbor to neighbor and formed this city into the strong "STEEL CITY" our Fore-Fathers made for us.
    When I am in my rocking chair rocking I hope to look around and see that old-fashioned caring and love flowing and moving along Lackawanna BUT maintaining the heart of Lackawanna, the people who live in it.
    I am trying folks--my vision and do-able goals are obviously not what the boys want for our city, if they were they would not have attacked me to cause me the harm they did. They would have worked with me, people can agree to disagree in a professional manner. BUT when you put a self-proclaimed plummer who calls himself "the CEO", (NO disrespect to plummers, I highly respect them) who had NO personal or professional credentials to manage a city as a business person would, then.......
    A city attorney that was asked to step down under Mayor Kathy for a corrupt city assessment deal, tons of incompetence due to nepotism and patronage..........

You all tell me where their priority is?----them or us?
    My only priority is YOU---ALL of YOU! Even my enemies, I only want good for all of us people in and from Lackawanna.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    BUT when you put a self-proclaimed plummer who calls himself "the CEO", (NO disrespect to plummers
    That would be PLUMBER(S).

I also would prefer to think you do NOT have enemies but people with a difference of opinion!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please remember there is another person running for 1st ward councilman. That is William Minniefield

He has lived in the first ward for more than 50 years. He grew up in the Baker Homes and still lives in Bethlehem Park. He is also a former business owner in the first ward. He and his brother started and ran a automotive repair shop for many years on gates avenue.

Please help me in supporting and voting for him on November 3rd.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information