Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sabres 1-8-1 in the last 10 games

HK, the sabres are rebuilding again murry is totally dismantling the team and they are down to who is playing on this team.. Good article by bucky gleason in todays snooze. "one player won't solve teams woes." What I have been saying all a long buffalo fans have become obsessed with mcdavid, and eichel. there is no team around them to play with.
    cellar dwellers again next year.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I would figure 3 years before we're able to contend
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    HK, the sabres are rebuilding again murry is totally dismantling the team and they are down to who is playing on this team.. Good article by bucky gleason in todays snooze. "one player won't solve teams woes." What I have been saying all a long buffalo fans have become obsessed with mcdavid, and eichel. there is no team around them to play with.
    cellar dwellers again next year.
    If they are cellar dwellers they'll get another top pick. And what Evander Kane? He da man!

If people really want to look into this. Go back and look at the end of the season standings for the years between 2001 to 2012 seasons. Then go look at the teams who have won the cup between 2004-2014.

LA, Chicago have both won 2 cups. They have also found themselves in the bottom 5 of the standings several times. Pittsburgh, Boston and Tampa Bay have all won a single cup and been in the finals even more but been in the bottom 5 multiple times. In each of these, there has been about a 3-4 year window from bottom 5 to finals. That's not an anomaly.

To be fair, there are teams like Detroit that have not hit the bottom 5 and win Cups and their are teams that find themselves in the bottom 5 never making it to the finals. But these two instances happen much less frequently than teams like LA, Chicago and Pittsburgh that cycle down and then up.

At the end of the day the NHL is a top heavy talent league. Just like the NBA. The NFL and MLB are much much deeper. The way to win in the NHL is having top of the line talent and the only reasonable way for Buffalo to get that talent is through the draft. Buffalo has players, both in the NFL and NHL, who don't want to play here. So you have to get them young.

this true ilwny, but they have been rebuilding and then the building falls down, then they rebuild etc... etc.. how many years now?

this true ilwny, but they have been rebuilding and then the building falls down, then they rebuild etc... etc.. how many years now?

The rebuild is in year 2. They were 3 points from making the playoffs in the 2011-12 season and 7 points in 2012-13.

I just don't think you understand the difference from a bad team and a rebuilding team. It's ok, most in Buffalo don't know the difference.

I have yet to meet or hear from a single person that believes that one player will solves this team's woes. Not one single person.

I do hear that being said by people that have an axe to grind or who don't know jack about the sabres.

One player doesn't solve all your problems. That's why Cindy Crosby has only one Cup. But it looks like Murray is trying to line up the supporting cast (Kane eg) while he goes for the home run hitter. Let's hope he pulls it off.

Where was Fleury drafted? How about Malkin? Orprik? Stahl? Pittsburgh sucked for years and drafted high often.

Not even Bucky believes his feces. He's a 3rd rate writer in a one paper town. He'd lap Pegula's filled toilet bowl if the sabres org showed him a bit of respect, but Gleason doesn't deserve any respect, so he lashes out at the sabres like a wounded animal.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Where was Fleury drafted? How about Malkin? Orprik? Stahl? Pittsburgh sucked for years and drafted high often.
    A first overall, two second overalls and 18th.

The Sabres should have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th, 10th on the roster next year if the tank happens. That said, the difference in talent between McDavid (1) and Reinhart (2) is pretty big.

Every winner has a ton of talent but every winner also has a single brightest star.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    A first overall, two second overalls and 18th.

The Sabres should have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th, 10th on the roster next year if the tank happens. That said, the difference in talent between McDavid (1) and Reinhart (2) is pretty big.

Every winner has a ton of talent but every winner also has a single brightest star.
    I agree. That's why the "one man" nonsense is annoying. It discounts Kane, Zemgus, Bogosian, Risto, Afinogennis, a possible reinhart (if he puts on some weight), and whatever we pick up from teams dumping talent due to cap issues this offseason.

One guy doesn't magically do it, but he sure as hell can entertain us until we add the right pieces.

I will be irate if we don't pick one or two, but mainly because I want a future #1 center that can immediately fill a gaping need for the sabres down the middle.

they are tanking fast... how did you like last nights game.. old money bags has to be going crazy saying what the hell did I get into with these two teams...

they are tanking fast... how did you like last nights game.. old money bags has to be going crazy saying what the hell did I get into with these two teams...
    You just don't get it, do you?
    HipKat's Blog

He bought 2 outhouses that he's trying to remodel into a couple of modern comfortable indoor crappers. Hell, one already has a fire place for the ones taking a dump. Give him some time although I'm not personally thrilled with the two bathroom attendants he's hired.

I've often thought that you and Cheekman are the same person using 2 user names
    HipKat's Blog

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information