Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Haxton Declares War on Lackawanna City Hall Corruption!

Post Priorities

Actually, the money that trickles down to the two most important groups in OUR City are getting what my old customer John used to say......
    ...... sausage in a can!

Post 2007 Election Year Budget Bonus Catches Up With The King!

LOL! The Mayors' 2010/2011 City of Lackawanna budget is PATHETIC to say the least. OMG, he even wiped out ALL OFFICE SUPPLIES in ALL Departments BUT one, ie. :

2009/2010 City Budget 2010/2011

Council: $ 1500.00 --- $0.00

Mayor $1100.00 --- $0.00

Comptroller $ 750.00 --- $0.00

Treasurer $4000.00--- $0.00

Assessment $1200.00--- $0.00

City Clerk $ 2500.00--- $0.00

Law $1250.00-- $0.00

Personnel $ 500.00 -- $0.00

Engineering $ 2000.00-- $0.00

Public
    Safety $ 1200.00-- $0.00

Police $ 2700.00-- $0.00

Fire $ ???? - $ ?0.00

Animal
    Control $0 ---- $ 0

Development $300.00-- $ 0.00

EDZ Dev $350.00- $ 0.00

Recreation $ 500.00-- $ 0.00

Youth
    Division $1500.00-- $ 0.00

Adult Rec
    Senior Ctr $ 0.00-- $ 0.00

Now I voted NO for the Budget in 06', 08', and 09'. I did vote yes in 07' the year after the October "surprize storm" because they promised me the City was going to re-tree the entire City and use monies for beautification. Ha!

They lied to me as usual---the proof is in the pudding, just look around OUR broken down City streets. "I" am so sad for OUR Citizens and kids self-esteem who suffer from team p.......'s mis-management of public funds.

I knew the Office Supply accounts were too large and used as hidden slush-"pork" money for club members, YES---this is an example of ME--against the boys. How could I condone their secret deals and ..... When they need to move money around from side to side---office supply line items are a good example of how....

Total Office Supplies for 2009/2010 $ 21, 350.
    Total Office Supplies for 2010/2011 $ 0.00
    I have to give it to the pt comptroller---he sure does know how to dance!

Scrap--Scrap--Scrap that pot normie and your twin brothers.
    God sure did know what he was doing when he yanked me out of the crate/pit! I tried to save because I know what it is to struggle financially.

P.S. To City Hall Employees---Don't sharpen your pensils too much, they are going to have to last for a longgggg time!

Thumbs down Reality! Now this is the real forest through the trees!

Today's Buffalo News City & Region

LACKAWANNA
    Budget proposal eliminates 10 jobs
    By Harold McNeil
    NEWS STAFF REPORTER
    Updated: May 13, 2010, 7:11 am / 0 comments
    Published: May 13, 2010, 12:30 am
    Buzz up!
    Lackawanna Mayor Norman I. Polanski has proposed a $22.98 million spending plan for the 2010-11 fiscal year that cuts 10 jobs from the city payroll. It raises spending slightly over last year’s $22.9 million adopted budget.

“There are massive changes in the budget. I have reduced over $1 million from last year’s budget,” Polanski said Wednesday. “I figure 10 layoffs is going to save me at least $500,000,” he added.

Polanski said he cut five positions from the Department of Public Works, two from the Police Department, two from the Fire Department and one City Hall position.

“We also have reduced a detective [position] in the Police Department and made him a patrolmen. It wasn’t a filled position, but that position went back to patrolman,” Polanski said.

“I’m requesting the [City] Council approve a $15,000 buyout for our senior personnel, because I have a number of people that would go if we enticed them. That would save the individuals that are on the bottom from being laid off . . . I’m also putting a hiring freeze in place,” he added.

The mayor anticipates the city will lose about $134,000 in state aid this year. The total tax levy of $8.9 million for the proposed budget is $451,888 higher than the current budget.

The Council, at its discretion, may adjust the shift between the residential and commercial property taxpayers.

Polanski said a settlement of the city’s protracted litigation with the owners of the former the Bethlehem Steel site saved both the city and Lackawanna School District from paying refunds in excess of $21 million.

However, the property, which was assessed at $42 million in 2007, is assessed at only $13 million today, requiring that the lost tax revenue be made up by other property owners in the city, Polanski said.

e-mail: hmcneil@buffnews.com

"The plan calls for a 5.9 percent increase in the property tax rate paid by homeowners and a 7.9 percent increase in the rate paid by commercial property owners.

Under Polanski’s 2010-11 spending plan, the homestead tax rate would increase 67 cents per $1,000 of assessed valuation to $11.99 per $1,000. The non-homestead rate would rise $2.61 per $1,000 to $35.43 per $1,000. "

Reality:
    2009/2010 Homeowners paid $ 11.32 City tax/ $1000. of assessed value---you can see the proposed difference yourself
    2009/2010 Business Owners paid $ 32.82 City tax/ $1000. of assessed value on their property----you can figure out the proposed increase yourself.

"I" and others as you all know struggle/juggle to pay "the bills".
    Any monetary increase in today's economy is an added hardship onto the backs of innocent Citizens who do not understand the poli-tricks involved here.
    I am so sad, I knew the ---- would soon hit the fan, and he is trying to wipe the blades without any toilet paper. There is no money left to buy it after they do their budget dance!

" Cutting 10 positions "? What is going on here? Shouldn't taxes be lowered instead because of all the money the king is saving us poor peasants??!!

Pretty funny a person like you wants taxes cut when you dont even pay yours. I think it would be more beneficial for you to spend your time looking for a job instead of bashing peoples names and family on this blog. I bet god just loves your name calling, evil spitting mouth !!!!

Red face Possible Error

I am trying to figure this out, so if I made a mistake, I apologize---Sorry.

Remember I posted the office supplies in all departments but 1 as -0- in the Mayors' 2010/2011 Lackawanna budget-----Well I went back up to check today because when "I" first wrote the figures down I thought the large amount of money put into the Purchasing Dept. supplies was going to be for a large ticket item such as software or something,----

On second thought now.......I am guessing that the mayor and comptroller
    might have zeroed the accounts and loaded all departments office supply accounts money into the one big account. He put their monies into Purchasing so he could create an Office Central Supply account.

This will make all departments order their pencils, etc. through one big account. I do not know if this is good or bad, I guess it has pros and cons just like any system because you must add in the human factor. I hear supplies disappear easier and faster through the Central Office Supply system due to the large quantity needed to be kept on hand and takes away accountability from the bosses/staff in general.

The amount put into the Purchasing Department office supply line item went from $1000.00 for 2009/2010 and is $ 16,500 in the mayors' new budget.

I asked Mr. Jaworski again for a public budget meeting so we could have all our questions answered. I hope the Council allows this to happen.

Post Sad

There are of course, lots of questionable current/future changes, raises,job eliminations, buy-outs, etc.

If it looks like a yellow volkswagon it is, if it looks like mamma cash it is mamma cash! Thanks Frankie and Russel for explaining it to me!

Andrea can you explain this to the people?

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    Pretty funny a person like you wants taxes cut when you dont even pay yours. I think it would be more beneficial for you to spend your time looking for a job instead of bashing peoples names and family on this blog. I bet god just loves your name calling, evil spitting mouth !!!!
    There you go you must be talking about yourself and Lackawanna1 with that last sentence. By the way we need TAX DECREASE they went up between city and school 10 percent. For what? The schools system ranks badly and the city reaks....

What happened to the "record" surplus the Mayor had at election time? Now he lays off 10, cuts a million out of the budget AND taxes go up? How the hell does that happen?

Post Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    What happened to the "record" surplus the Mayor had at election time? Now he lays off 10, cuts a million out of the budget AND taxes go up? How the hell does that happen?

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Someone gets it besides me and mnb!

jaws allowed him and his twin brothers to be in a precarious situation this year because the fluff/election bonus budgets finally caught up with him!
    jaws has 30 days from May 10, 2010 to make any changes and vote on their version of the in the red-red-pretend it's in the black budget.

The mayor has 10 days from there to veto the council budget.

tick-tick-tick.......Control Board!

pre·car·i·ous   /prɪˈkɛəriəs/ Show Spelled[pri-kair-ee-uhs] Show IPA
    –adjective
    1.dependent on circumstances beyond one's control; uncertain; unstable; insecure: a precarious livelihood.
    2.dependent on the will or pleasure of another; liable to be withdrawn or lost at the will of another: He held a precarious tenure under an arbitrary administration.
    3.exposed to or involving danger; dangerous; perilous; risky: the precarious life of an underseas diver.
    4.having insufficient, little, or no foundation: a precarious assumption.

If it looks like a yellow volkswagon it is, if it looks like mamma cash it is mamma cash! Thanks Frankie and Russel for explaining it to me!

Andrea can you explain this to the people?

We are waiting for an answer! I guess we are going to wait for a long time,because your past is not a very good one, maybe you got that name from the bible!

Post Facts!

People are talking about......SEASONAL WORKERS!

What about them?--
    I know this to be a fact:

In the 05/06' budget there were 2 Seasonal Worker positions
    06/07' .104-3 3 Seasonal Workers $20,000.00
    07/08' .104-3 3 Seasonal Workers $30,000.00
    08/09 I gave my budget to someone and have not gotten it back yet.
    09/10" .104-3 3 Seasonal Workers $30,000.00

****Now did you notice the sneaky deal?----
    Yes, you got it---he still had 3 Seasonal Workers BUT, raised the line item by $10,000 during 2007, his mayor election year. I call it duping/poli-tricking the poor people of Lackawanna and padding his campaign through public funds. The increased people in the DPW in these "Seasonal positions" now are beholdin' to the king and the machine is oiled once again. This is all about controlled votes, always has been.

Control Board----polanski gone wild!

Now how many Seasonal Workers do you think the 10/11' Lackawanna City Budget has in it?

And this is not an election year, oh wait,--yes it is Committeemen
    for the family and friend club. hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Are you talking about that 6 million dollars? It never existed. If it did this has to be the greatest default of budget surplus in history. In just 6months it's gone? It was just a bunch of election year bs that the party always gives out the same old song and dance and gimmicks. Do we really want to trust the school district and housing to these guys? Imagine where the money will go then.

Post Fact

tick-tick-tick.....

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information