Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Haxton Declares War on Lackawanna City Hall Corruption!

Talking ddde2ewewe3rera2?

My grandson trying to push into the computer to get me to play a game with him just hit the keys arbitrarily on the line for the above Title of my comment...
    After looking at it, I realized it was an appropriate Title to your comment Stevenco-----can you elaborate? Or at least give us some clues, Do you know something WE don't about Lackawanna?

Oh! Wait, maybe you are saying the State agencies are just as crooked as Lackawanna is. I get it now.
    But I hope someone , somewhere in this State would be neutral and just out to protect the innocent Citizens like I was/am. I hope.

You too are thinking that it is another example of the fox guarding the hen house. I believe it too but I still am hoping for the best outcome for us all, the corruption has gone on for far too long! I just know something has to give--for some reason, I can feel tension in the air of Lackawanna.
    Maybe it is the up-coming School Trustee election, OR maybe it is something else?!
    I just know something is brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    My grandson trying to push into the computer to get me to play a game with him just hit the keys arbitrarily on the line for the above Title of my comment...
    After looking at it, I realized it was an appropriate Title to your comment Stevenco-----can you elaborate? Or at least give us some clues, Do you know something WE don't about Lackawanna?

Oh! Wait, maybe you are saying the State agencies are just as crooked as Lackawanna is. I get it now.
    But I hope someone , somewhere in this State would be neutral and just out to protect the innocent Citizens like I was/am. I hope.

You too are thinking that it is another example of the fox guarding the hen house. I believe it too but I still am hoping for the best outcome for us all, the corruption has gone on for far too long! I just know something has to give--for some reason, I can feel tension in the air of Lackawanna.
    Maybe it is the up-coming School Trustee election, OR maybe it is something else?!
    I just know something is brewing.
    ddde2ewewe3rera2?

That makes more sense than most of the nonsense I've read here.

Luckily, I'm Polish and can translate it for you:
    Doze dare dummies eat two eggs with every waffle every Wednedsay three rhubard eclaires randomly after two..
    ..pm that is.
    Last edited by Stevenco; March 25th, 2010 at 11:05 AM.

Post Got Another One...

COUNCIL/REORGANIZATIONAL MEETING

COUNCIL CHAMBERS

MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2010

Communication from Department Heads:

Advertise for Bids for 2010 Truck:

To: City Council

Thomas J. Nicometo, Purchasing Agent – requesting permission to advertise for bids for the purchase of a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT.

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Schiavi to grant the request.

Yeas: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski CARRIED 5-0

Post Another one...

COUNCIL MEETING

Monday, February 1, 2010

Award Contract Purchase of Ford Ranger– West Herr Ford

10. To: City Council

I recommend your Honorable Body award the bid for the 2010 Ford Ranger to West Herr Ford for their low bid price of $18,610.00.

THOMAS J. NICOMETO, PURCHASING AGENT

Moved by Schiavi, seconded by Kulczyk, contract be awarded to West Herr

Yeas: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski CARRIED 5–0

Post No Time

Got another one , BUT I have to go eat. Later, Andrea

Post Facts!

Facts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone see the new 2010 Ford XLT 4x4 Metallic Grey split seat city truck?
    I can not get it to copy but you can view the bid specs on the City Clerks' web page under upcoming bids. Sounds like a real nice vehicle for the City of Lackawanna retired/part-time Commissioner of Public Works!
    I guess HIS 2008 was not equipped for his job duties or work load.

I don't care that we E-Bayed off his other vehicle---the shape of the other trucks the DPW Workers had to drive for years was ridiculous! Love gave me the pictures and FYI, a $1,000,000 has been pumped into the DPW for the last 4 years for the condemned barns repair AND new equipment.
    I tried to get the new inventory list, BUT.....
    Citizens should know what they are paying for, don't you think?

I would have put the money for the new truck into OUR playgrounds and give him mileage when he shows up to work in Lackawanna.

My post last month-------
    The bid post went up right after the January reorganization meeting. And... The bid request was deleted from the cCity web as soon as I discovered it!
    Hmmm.......

Post More....

Well, well. well....
    It could be me because I am not totally computer with-it, and I tried a few times to cut and paste from the City of Lackawanna Web page but I couldn't. Feb. 16, 2010 Council approved all Departmental Reports. But the computer would not let me cut and paste from the city web site, SO---I post this:

Date Prepared: 02/05/2010
    Report Date: 02/05/2010
    AP Check Listing # 27, City of Lackawanna
    Check ID 00001: CK Dep Date Vendor Code Amount

20312 C 02/02/2010 0000002382 West Herr Automotive Group $18,610.00

Back in 2008 when the Com of Public Works put into the Council for "BADLY NEEDED" DPW equipment, with pictures of horrific vehicles----the mayor and commissioner show up with new trucks.
    The 2008 truck for Love and Polanski BOTH were without Council approval AND totally unnecessary purchases on the backs of struggling Lackawanna Citizens. Shame.

Now, less than a month after Council granted approval for this new vehicle to be used solely by TOM Love, he has a new truck--AGAIN! WHY? The Lackawanna City Council should have voted NO and let him use the other 2008 trucks when he shows up from Hamburg to work in Lackawanna.

Talk about a waste of tax dollars and a slap in the face to all of us struggling to keep our cars running and gas at almost $3.00/gl! They get free gas, insurance, repairs, washes, etc., etc., etc.!
    Plus they ALL have great salaries and benefits!

How many part time employees get a vehicle? I hope he is paying income tax on the vehicle usage. Bet they never thought of that!

I never heard of that LASurvivor. Interesting. How does that work??

It is considered part of your income because it is a perk. That means any free fuel,insurence and all the other stuff that goes with it is considered TAXABLE. Pray and hope the taxman do not cometh!

Post Hmmm....

mmmm.....

Post Fact

City Hall refuses to give me an itemized bill of last years Lackawanna City Festival and the money spent in 2009 for the Lackawanna Centennial Celebration. WHY?
    I know they spent $27,000 alone on the fireworks for the 5 days with a down-payment of $12,000 for their supplies March of 2009.
    The sound booth DJ outfit got paid over $2000.00 for the festival and I forget what he got for the Centennial.
    Why won't Polanski and company let me have the allowed information I have sought since August 2009 as a Council Member AND well over a month now as a citizen under Freedom of Information?

Hmmm........

The information you request is clearly public info under the law. Find an attorney, sue, and the FOI law says the City has to pay your legal fees. After they pay Hodson Russ, they will pay your attorney too. Then they will give you the info.

Shame you have to go through all that, but...

I bet they give you the info before the bill rings up too high

Post So True!

Thanks! What a game they play that reeks of cover-ups. Senator Gillibrand is really into "Transparent Government"---check out her web page. So sad for the good people of Lackawanna, if they only knew the truth.

Don't you think we, the Citizens of Lackawanna should know who gets paid from decisions the gang makes without consulting the Council? Not that they won't rubber-stamp it all anyway, but it would be printed in the Front Page for the general public to read.
    Over $30,000 was spent WITHOUT Council approval in 07' or 08' on another study of the orange crate----now it is 2010 and even if they do something quick before the King leaves office we are paying higher costs again, and again, and again!
    Lackawanna City Hall is on the record in the 1990's Council minutes stating it is falling apart and needs to be dealt with before something happens.
    I sure hope all the Citizens get to vote on all the pros and cons of a new City Hall before the gang make the sole decision and ram what they want through.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Thanks! What a game they play that reeks of cover-ups. Senator Gillibrand is really into "Transparent Government"---check out her web page. So sad for the good people of Lackawanna, if they only knew the truth.

Don't you think we, the Citizens of Lackawanna should know who gets paid from decisions the gang makes without consulting the Council? Not that they won't rubber-stamp it all anyway, but it would be printed in the Front Page for the general public to read.
    Over $30,000 was spent WITHOUT Council approval in 07' or 08' on another study of the orange crate----now it is 2010 and even if they do something quick before the King leaves office we are paying higher costs again, and again, and again!
    Lackawanna City Hall is on the record in the 1990's Council minutes stating it is falling apart and needs to be dealt with before something happens.
    I sure hope all the Citizens get to vote on all the pros and cons of a new City Hall before the gang make the sole decision and ram what they want through.
    Blah Blah Blah, you were there for four years and what did you get done? Absoulutely nothing. Pay your taxes and we might be able to get some new playground equipment.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information