Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Haxton Declares War on Lackawanna City Hall Corruption!

Thank you for the info.
    Yes we complained and will every time someone acts in a unprofessional manner.It's not the first thing to happen..it's been an ongoing series of things.I won't loose any sleep over it.A solution might be have the city provide us with cans like Buffalo does.I'm looking into what the cost would be if I removed my own garbage once a week.

Post City Must Do A Huge Study First-

love has been leaning toward this but there are numerous pros and cons.......

I feel ALL Citizens should be involved and vote on a change of trash/garbage service. This is a serious--BIG MONEY item.

Post Two Words!

Control Board!

How about if we hold OUR own Lackawanna City Budget meeting?

People will be amazed at what THEIR money is spent on---how about the 2 credit cards, one for Home Depot and one for Lowe's. Why does the City need 2 credit cards ---doesn't Home Depot right over the bridge in West Seneca pretty much carry the same things that Lowe's out on Rt. 20 in Hamburg or Orchard Park does?

bob marciniak the City part-time retired Comptroller once told me that "WE" do not have any credit cards out there. So why does the City pay the bills every month--and they are not small!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Control Board!

People will be amazed at what THEIR money is spent on---how about the 2 credit cards, one for Home Depot and one for Lowe's. Why does the City need 2 credit cards
    This is pretty standard business for schools, towns, cities etc.

Whether it is Lowes/Home Depot or Stamples/Office Max and a number of similar businesses... if you are behind in your bill payment and need supplies ASAP then you have a default place to go where your credit is good. Most places DO get behind in their bill payments. I do not know how quickly Lackawanna City is able to pay their bills but, schools and not-for-profit organizations generally do get a few months behind and then are denied credit when they go to purchase things. By having a few vendors on the list assures the place they will get their supplies SOMEWHERE quickly when needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I feel ALL Citizens should be involved and vote on a change of trash/garbage service.
    I agree..How does one get people together for this and where?

Advertising the event seems like it will be an obstacle.

The citizens should be unifying idea's,not just for one issue but for everything the people of Lackawanna would like to see fixed and or changed about their city.I fear many are intimidated by going in front of the city council then others don't know where and how to effectively complain.Most people are to embarrassed to ask,they don't want anyone to be able to insult them.The old saying that you get more with honey I feel is correct.

That don't make receptacles big enough for the garbage in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonldy View Post
    I agree..How does one get people together for this and where?

Advertising the event seems like it will be an obstacle.

The citizens should be unifying idea's,not just for one issue but for everything the people of Lackawanna would like to see fixed and or changed about their city.I fear many are intimidated by going in front of the city council then others.The old saying that you get more with honey I feel is correct.

I agree with everything you said, but, I used to be able to work with every administration until "team polanski" bought their way in to control. The first time he came after me was in 1999 when I ran against him and he has been attacking me ever since. And all I ever ask for are repairs and to spend "The Peoples' " money prudently, as if it were their own. To manage OUR City as if it were their own business and they wanted it to prosper instead of............., "Doomsday, per the Lackawanna City Council in the Bflo News".

So you are extremely right on when you say " Most people are to embarrassed to ask,they don't want anyone to be able to insult them."
    They have a good chance of the tables being turned on them to take the pressure off City Halls' erroneous decisions.

If qualified caring employees did their jobs without malice we would have a clean, modern, vibrant City of Lackawanna and nobody could complain about it because it would have proper maintenance. Case Closed.
    Case closed.

Post Twins

I find it hysterical that the same silly hall players, I mean "Family and Friends Plan" are so intertwined---. How tightly they circle their wagons against someone like me who wants the truth spread about their continual mis-management of public funds.
    Why The City of Lackawanna is an open employment office for numerous outside attorneys, such as the fellow that is the old/newly appointed School Attorney. He gets paid by The City and The School.
    Lackawanna has its' shingle out all right--but boy oh boy, ya gotta sell your soul to the......and keep on marching to the beat of THEIR drummer.

Or should I say to the Recreation Departments DJ, Nickel City Road Show, who lives in Hamburg. This man has made thousands and thousands off the City of Lackawanna in the past decade.
    Try to tell me that NO Lackawanna resident owns DJ equipment and I'll tell you that I wear a size 6!
    Why I thought of 3 guys right off the bat in the First Ward alone.

Control Board!

How about if we hold OUR own Lackawanna City Budget meeting?

People will be amazed at what THEIR money is spent on---how about the 2 credit cards, one for Home Depot and one for Lowe's. Why does the City need 2 credit cards ---doesn't Home Depot right over the bridge in West Seneca pretty much carry the same things that Lowe's out on Rt. 20 in Hamburg or Orchard Park does?

bob marciniak the City part-time retired Comptroller once told me that "WE" do not have any credit cards out there. So why does the City pay the bills every month--and they are not small!
    How about if we hold our own city budget meeting~
    Why can't we,right?
    Can you help everyone with the setting up process?
    Delegating jobs,we need fact sheets.We need copies of area zoning maps as well.Maps showing ward boundaries.

Post Hmmm.......

Subscribe to Business First Buffalo > News > Industries > Energy & the Environment Tuesday, July 15, 2008
    Wind farm deals under investigationBusiness First of Buffalo - by David Bertola Business First
    Send this story to a friend

Email address of friend (insert comma between multiple addresses):

Your email address:

Add a brief note:

Enter words from the security image above:

Get new image | Image verificationAudio verification | reCAPTCHA™
    Print Email Reprints RSS Feeds LinkedIn Share CommentsRelated News
    Noble Environmental Power looks to take wind farms public in $375M IPO
    First Wind inks turbine deal in Maine
    Wind farm developer gets loan guarantee
    Hawaii will explore undersea cable routes
    Cuomo: Wind companies sign ethics code
    Find Executives
    First Wind
    The state attorney general is launching an investigation aimed at two out-of-state companies developing wind farms in Lackawanna and across New York.

The probe, announced Tuesday, comes amid allegations of improper dealings with public officials and anti-competitive practices.

Investigators have served subpoenas on Newton, Mass.,-based First Wind and Essex, Conn.,-based Noble Environmental Power LLC. First Wind built the Steel Winds project along Lake Erie in the city of Lackawanna and has wind farms in development in Steuben, Chautauqua, Genesee and Wyoming (GenWY Wind) counties. Noble Environmental Power LLC has three active wind farms and five in development in Allegany, Chautauqua, Clinton, Franklin and Wyoming counties.

The companies are being investigated to see if they improperly sought or obtained land-use agreements with citizens and public officials; whether improper benefits were given to public officials to influence their actions, and whether they entered into anti-competitive agreements or practices.

"We have received the subpoena from the attorney general's office, and we intend to fully cooperate with his office," said First Wind spokesperson John LaMontagne.

In a Business First story reported the week of July 4, some officials in Lackawanna questioned the agreements negotiated by Mayor Norman Polanski with First Wind for construction of eight electricity-generating windmills on the former Bethlehem Steel site and a plan to construct 18 more turbines.

In recent months, the attorney general's office said it has received numerous complaints regarding the two companies from citizens, groups and public officials in eight counties alleging improper relations between the companies and local officials and other improper practices.

"The use of wind power, like all renewable energy sources, should be encouraged to help clean our air and end our reliance on fossil fuels," said Attorney General Andrew Cuomo. "However, public integrity remains a top priority of my office and if dirty tricks are used to facilitate even clean-energy projects, my office will put a stop to it."

Wind farms are clusters of large turbines powered by wind and connected to the electric grid.

Read more: Wind farm deals under investigation - Business First of Buffalo

Subscribe to Business First Buffalo > News > Industries > Energy & the Environment Tuesday, July 15, 2008
    Wind farm deals under investigationBusiness First of Buffalo - by David Bertola Business First
    Send this story to a friend

Email address of friend (insert comma between multiple addresses):

Your email address:

Add a brief note:

Enter words from the security image above:

Get new image | Image verificationAudio verification | reCAPTCHA™
    Print Email Reprints RSS Feeds LinkedIn Share CommentsRelated News
    Noble Environmental Power looks to take wind farms public in $375M IPO
    First Wind inks turbine deal in Maine
    Wind farm developer gets loan guarantee
    Hawaii will explore undersea cable routes
    Cuomo: Wind companies sign ethics code
    Find Executives
    First Wind
    The state attorney general is launching an investigation aimed at two out-of-state companies developing wind farms in Lackawanna and across New York.

The probe, announced Tuesday, comes amid allegations of improper dealings with public officials and anti-competitive practices.

Investigators have served subpoenas on Newton, Mass.,-based First Wind and Essex, Conn.,-based Noble Environmental Power LLC. First Wind built the Steel Winds project along Lake Erie in the city of Lackawanna and has wind farms in development in Steuben, Chautauqua, Genesee and Wyoming (GenWY Wind) counties. Noble Environmental Power LLC has three active wind farms and five in development in Allegany, Chautauqua, Clinton, Franklin and Wyoming counties.

The companies are being investigated to see if they improperly sought or obtained land-use agreements with citizens and public officials; whether improper benefits were given to public officials to influence their actions, and whether they entered into anti-competitive agreements or practices.

"We have received the subpoena from the attorney general's office, and we intend to fully cooperate with his office," said First Wind spokesperson John LaMontagne.

In a Business First story reported the week of July 4, some officials in Lackawanna questioned the agreements negotiated by Mayor Norman Polanski with First Wind for construction of eight electricity-generating windmills on the former Bethlehem Steel site and a plan to construct 18 more turbines.

In recent months, the attorney general's office said it has received numerous complaints regarding the two companies from citizens, groups and public officials in eight counties alleging improper relations between the companies and local officials and other improper practices.

"The use of wind power, like all renewable energy sources, should be encouraged to help clean our air and end our reliance on fossil fuels," said Attorney General Andrew Cuomo. "However, public integrity remains a top priority of my office and if dirty tricks are used to facilitate even clean-energy projects, my office will put a stop to it."

Wind farms are clusters of large turbines powered by wind and connected to the electric grid.

Read more: Wind farm deals under investigation - Business First of Buffalo
    You know it would be sad if this is true, but I really would not doubt it that Lackawanna Public Officials didnt get a hand out.

Post Yupper!

Quote Originally Posted by moozie View Post
    You know it would be sad if this is true, but I really would not doubt it that Lackawanna Public Officials didnt get a hand out.
    Many people questioned me about this for years. I don't have any facts other than the contracts from the 2005 First Phase compared to all the following is a real joke. I showed it to a high official and he readily pointed out, "Where is the ...and where s the..., etc., etc., etc.

The Citizens some how got cheated again. How do they gain from the revenue generated? Other communities get breaks on their electric bills worked in---who held the people of Lackawana interest?

It is still twisted and "Lackawanna Public Officials" only give out crumbs of what is going on. I know they bumbled something because they re-voted in 2010 on something they led me to believe was a good deal for the City in 2007.

Something is definitely going on with this, but they hide it from the People!

And the proof is that the Lackawanna School System under the Brynarski administration found it and hired competent lawyers who went after the school share of the "wind fall" from the Wind Farm! They had the brains and gumption to fight for money for OUR kids! Bravo! City Hall either lied to the schools or they were all in cohoots about the money. Read The Business First article again--it is in black and white. Thank you Mrs. Brynarski, Ms. Seitz, Mr. Sanders, Mr. Saleh, Mr. Rozwood, sorry---I forget.
    Last edited by andreahaxton; October 4th, 2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Finish

Many people questioned me about this for years. I don't have any facts other than the contracts from the 2005 First Phase compared to all the following is a real joke. I showed it to a high official and he readily pointed out, "Where is the ...and where s the..., etc., etc., etc.

The Citizens some how got cheated again. How do they gain from the revenue generated? Other communities get breaks on their electric bills worked in---who held the people of Lackawana interest?

It is still twisted and "Lackawanna Public Officials" only give out crumbs of what is going on. I know they bumbled something because they re-voted in 2010 on something they led me to believe was a good deal for the City in 2007.

And the proof is that the Lackawanna School System under the Brynarski administration found it and hired competent lawyers who went after the school share of the "wind fall" from the Wind Farm! They had the brains and gumption to fight for money for OUR kids! Bravo! City Hall either lied to the schools or they were all in cohoots about the money. Read The Business First article again--it is in black and white. Thank you Mrs. Brynarski, Ms. Seitz, Mr. Sanders, Mr. Saleh, Mr. Rozwood, sorry---I forget.
    There you go with your bs again, you cant even speak without some bs political agenda spewing from your hypocrytical filthy, welfare, non tax paying mouth, want want want but never pay your own share!

By the way arent there 7 board members?
    hmmmmm, in cohoots with the five you named, wasnt this voted on in August of 2010, hmmmmmmmmm,what board members were there? oooops you were to busy being attacked by school employees to realize what was going on at meeting. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    There you go with your bs again, you cant even speak without some bs political agenda spewing from your hypocrytical filthy, welfare, non tax paying mouth, want want want but never pay your own share!

By the way arent there 7 board members?
    hmmmmm, in cohoots with the five you named, wasnt this voted on in August of 2010, hmmmmmmmmm,what board members were there? oooops you were to busy being attacked by school employees to realize what was going on at meeting. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    It was set in motion long before and for more money to boot Mr. Spinmaster. Why don't you go crawl under a rock already. The only thing you guys get credit for is treating people and taxpayers that question you like sh#%!

Post Page 2 seals it!

Wind turbine deal spins up controversy

...of Lackawanna and its school system stand to benefit financially from an agreement with the company that eventually will erect 18 more windmills on......

Business First of Buffalo by David Bertola on July 4, 2008

Read more: Search Results - Business First of Buffalo

Attempt to paste entire article

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information