Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Haxton Declares War on Lackawanna City Hall Corruption!

Post Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    Are you talking about that 6 million dollars? It never existed. If it did this has to be the greatest default of budget surplus in history. In just 6months it's gone? It was just a bunch of election year bs that the party always gives out the same old song and dance and gimmicks. Do we really want to trust the school district and housing to these guys? Imagine where the money will go then.
    The comptroller once said , "You better be thankful I am honest---I could have stolen millions from this city over the years!"

I had a feeling all along that it was "a dog and pony show", in the words of loveofmoney----That is exactly why they fought so hard to keep me from being re-elected. I was digging where no-council-man has ever gone before, into the City Purse. But, just like a woman who has 10 bucks to spend 10 ways for 10 dinners---I followed the money.......!

CONTROL BOARD-CONTROL BOARD-CONTROL BOARD!

RED---RED---RED, Pretend it is Black, one day soon, someone is going to be very blue.....

You have to admit that Andrea writes well and her posts almost always make me laugh at how she describes things. Love the last one with the colors....

We need more laughter on these posts......GOOD JOB ANDREA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

??????

]2 140900 141.08-2-1.111 174 RIDGE RD BACHMAN WILLARD J III 2009 $18,389.29[/B]
    TOTAL: 18,389.29
    Does anyone remember what this is?

THE CODE

PART I: ADMINISTRATIVE LEGISLATION

CHAPTER 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS

CHAPTER 5 ADMINISTRATION OF GOVERNMENT

CHAPTER 12 CITY-OWNED REAL ESTATE, DISPOSITION OF

[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Council of the City of Lackawanna 11-8-1993 by L.L. No. 6-1993 (Ch. 107 of the 1987 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]§ 12-1 Definitions.

§ 12-2 Determination by City Council to sell certain property.

§ 12-3 Powers of City; ordinance providing for sale of property.

[Amended 5-9-2008]A. The City has the power to sell or dispose of its real property or any interest therein when no longer required for its purposes by enactment of an ordinance for the sale of real property. Said ordinance providing for the sale of property purchased and held for public purpose shall require the affirmative vote of 3/4 of all members of the City Council. All other City owned real property may be sold by an ordinance approved by a majority vote of the Council and approved by the Mayor.
    B. No person, firm or entity owning real property in the City with unpaid real property tax due to the City shall be allowed to purchase any City property from the City as provided by Chapter 12 of the City Code, nor shall any such person or entity owing back City real property taxes be allowed to be a member of any board or commission
    o of the City or to be the recipient of any contract for work, labor, services or goods sold to the City.

Subscribe to Business First Buffalo > News > Industries > Commercial Real Estate Monday, November 9, 2009
    Lending power boosted for ECIDA programBusiness First of Buffalo - by James Fink
    Send this story to a friend

Email address of friend (insert comma between multiple addresses):

Your email address:

Add a brief note:

Enter words from the security image above:

Get new image | Image verificationAudio verification | reCAPTCHA™
    Print Email Reprints RSS Feeds LinkedIn Share CommentsRelated News
    Parkside church may go residential
    Medical manufacturers wary of new tax
    Purity at a price
    Tonawanda bids for more GM engine work
    Opposition mounts to stop IDA tax
    Find Executives
    Harmac Medical Products Inc.
    Samco Technologies
    An Erie County Industrial Development Agency loan program that targets minority-owned businesses has been renewed for another year, and its lending power has been increased by 25 percent.

ECIDA directors voted Monday to beef up the low-interest, minority-owned-business loan program from the $400,000 it allocated this year to $500,000 for next year. The Minority Entrepreneurs Grant & Loan Program last year made 10 loans after sifting through more than 70 applications. Of the loans, nine of the businesses are still operating and have created 23 jobs in a variety of fields.

The only loan that failed was for One Sunset restaurant on Delaware Avenue, whose closure in December has been the subject of a political firestorm.

Still, the county IDA officials said they are proud of the program's track record in its first year.

"The fact of the matter is that nine of the 10 (loans) performed," said Phil Ackerman, IDA chairman. "Every place I went to school, 90 percent represented an A for a grade. We have to remember these are risky loans to begin with."

The IDA is accepting loan applications through Dec. 15. Finalists will have until Jan. 31 to submit full applications and the loans will be determined by mid-March.

Under the terms of the loans, which cap out at $50,000, applicants will pay a 4 percent interest rate. In a new twist, applicants will receive a $5,000 payment tied into a mentoring program offered either by the University at Buffalo's Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership or Canisius College Women's Business Center.

"Our goal is to have 100 percent of the recipients enjoy success, and mentoring is a wonderful way for these new entrepreneurs to gain the knowledge they need to avoid rookie business mistakes," said Karen Fiala, ECIDA Tax Incentive Product coordinator.

ECIDA directors also signed off on five projects that are due to receive tax credits through the Federal Renewal Community Program, which is due to sunset at the end of the year unless Congress restores the initiative.

The projects are all in economically challenged portions of Buffalo and Lackawanna:

• The renovation of a century-old warehouse into a mixed-use building at 95 Perry St. in Buffalo's Cobblestone District

• Samco Technologies' acquisition of the building it currently leases on River Rock Drive in Buffalo

• Renovations to Harmac Medical Products Inc.'s offices, also in Buffalo

• Training and new, environmentally friendly equipment for Concord Textile Care Products in Buffalo

• The Lackawanna Halal Market on Ridge Road that will serve as meat processing facility, farmer's market location and restaurant.

Buffalo and Lackawanna have received $12 million in federal tax credits under the program. "We're hoping it can be extended," said John Cappellino, ECIDA director of business

We have lots of struggling small existing businesses in the City of "Lack"awanna, who is helping them stay open or remodel? The mayor assists them with.......

Crooks.

Corruption!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    84 140900 141.52-1-8 21 BAUDER ST THOMAS JANET L 2004 656.76
    2005 614.88
    2006 867.13
    2007 467.18
    2008 472.91
    2009 87.51

TOTAL: 3,166.37
    Late 2008, it was covered-up by bremer and Demolished by the City in a very secret deal for a total of $21,000!

NO COUNCIL APPROVAL, at least that I am aware of, AND it was done with tax dollars. They tell me she made a deal with the City BUT who authorized "THE DEAL"???????? Can they just spend City money WITHOUT any cross checks and balances? No, it was all done illegally. Fact.

Lesson---the joke is on the club who keep trusting the incompetent crooks they put into place to do their bidding. polanski gone wild.

The whole thing stinks and is still wrong....YOU find it card holders.

How would you feel if I was a club member in good standing and I made a secret deal with the City to spend $21,000 of your money to demo my building AND then they let me make payments back for a total of $24,166.37? Don't forget the boys recently increased the interest fees from 18% to 24%. The public has a right to know about this cover-up. did you?

Let's keep this real folks. Deal OR, NO DEAL!

CONTROL BOARD! AUDIT! AUDIT!

Post Ditto

Audit.
    Once Again:
    I could post soooooooooooooooooo much more but I am not mean or vindictive like some of the----on here. We had a corner store that went belly up mainly due to the boycott caused by City Hall and the bridge reconstruction.

I had a buyer for the building in 2007 for $50,000 that would have payed off everything but when stevie and company attacked any hope of a sale flew away. I am not the first person that happened to, the club knows exactly how to hurt someone and they are like a pit-bull----once they clamp on to their victim.....

AUDIT!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Corruption!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    84 140900 141.52-1-8 21 BAUDER ST THOMAS JANET L 2004 656.76
    2005 614.88
    2006 867.13
    2007 467.18
    2008 472.91
    2009 87.51

TOTAL: 3,166.37
    Late 2008, it was covered-up by bremer and Demolished by the City in a very secret deal for a total of $21,000!

NO COUNCIL APPROVAL, at least that I am aware of, AND it was done with tax dollars. They tell me she made a deal with the City BUT who authorized "THE DEAL"???????? Can they just spend City money WITHOUT any cross checks and balances? No, it was all done illegally. Fact.

Lesson---the joke is on the club who keep trusting the incompetent crooks they put into place to do their bidding. polanski gone wild.

The whole thing stinks and is still wrong....YOU find it card holders.

How would you feel if I was a club member in good standing and I made a secret deal with the City to spend $21,000 of your money to demo my building AND then they let me make payments back for a total of $24,166.37? Don't forget the boys recently increased the interest fees from 18% to 24%. The public has a right to know about this cover-up. did you?

Let's keep this real folks. Deal OR, NO DEAL!

CONTROL BOARD! AUDIT! AUDIT!
    Few key words here,She has or is paying, are you making any attempt to pay?

Is your boy Johnny? Or any of the other city workers? Police and firemen included?

Talking You tickle me

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Few key words here,She has or is paying, are you making any attempt to pay?

Seems like you just can't get me off your mind-----Why Not?

Post When people question what did I accomplish---THIS IS A BIGGIE!

March 1, 2010

EXECUTIVE SESSION:

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Schiavi to go into Executive Session to discuss the Gabamonte – vs- City and Andaya – vs- City .

Yeas: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski CARRIED 5 – 0

Entered into Executive session 7:32 P.M.

Meeting reconvened at 7:54 P.M.

Roll Call: PRESENT: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

It took me 4 years but thanks jaws, for finally following the law!

NYS Sunshine Law on Executive Sessions:
    When can a meeting be closed?
    The law provides for closed or "executive" sessions under circumstances prescribed in the law. It is important to emphasize that an executive session is not separate from an open meeting, but rather is defined as a portion of an open meeting during which the public may be excluded.
    To close a meeting for executive session, the law requires that a public body take several procedural steps. First, a motion must be made during an open meeting to enter into executive session; second, the motion must identify "the general area or areas of the subject or subjects to be considered;" and third, the motion must be carried by a majority vote of the total membership of a public body.
    Further, a public body cannot close its doors to the public to discuss the subject of its choice, for the law specifies and limits the subject matter that may appropriately be discussed in executive session. The eight subjects that may be discussed behind closed doors include:
    (a) matters which will imperil the public safety if disclosed;
    (b) any matter which may disclose the identity of a law enforcement agency or informer;
    (c) information relating to current or future investigation or prosecution of a criminal offense which would imperil effective law enforcement if disclosed;
    (d) discussions regarding proposed, pending or current litigation;
    (e) collective negotiations pursuant to Article 14 of the Civil Service Law (the Taylor Law);
    (f) the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation, or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal or removal of a particular person or corporation;
    (g) the preparation, grading or administration of examinations; and
    (h) the proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property or the proposed acquisition of securities, or sale or exchange of securities held by such public body, but only when publicity would substantially affect the value thereof.
    These are the only subjects that may be discussed behind closed doors; all other deliberations must be conducted during open meetings.
    It is important to point out that a public body can never vote to appropriate public monies during a closed session. Therefore, although most public bodies may vote during a properly convened executive session, any vote to appropriate public monies must be taken in public.]

The law also states that an executive session can be attended by members of the public body and any other persons authorized by the public body.

They damn near had to violate this 50 plus times. Lets see what we can do about this situation.

Post So......Where do we begin?

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    They damn near had to violate this 50 plus times. Lets see what we can do about this situation.

Exactly!
    COUNCIL MEETING

Monday, May 03, 2010

COUNCIL CHAMBERS

www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us

Regular Session of the Lackawanna City Council met in the Council Chambers, President Chuck Jaworski presiding. The meeting was preceded by the Pledge of Allegiance led by President Jaworski.

ROLL CALL: Present: Noman, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

Absent: Szymanski excused

Dept. Heads Present: Law, Recreation, Development, Comptroller

Absent: Public Works, Public Safety, excused

Hearings from Citizens:

APPROVE MINUTES:

Moved by Kulczyk, seconded by Schiavi the minutes of April 19, 2010 be approved.

Yeas: Noman, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski CARRIED 4-0

DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS:

• City Compt. – Statement of Cond. Of Approp. as of March 31, 2010.

Moved by Jaworski seconded by Schiavi to receive & file the report.

Yeas: Noman, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski CARRIED 4-0

a.1900.1930 Judgements and Claims Budget line item:

Original Budget 09/10'---$250,000
    Year to Date Actual Expended as of 03/31/2010 ( $760,840.85)

Year to Date Actual Expended as of 02/28/2010 $421,552.08

A fact from the Charter/Code of the City of Lackawanna:
    C-6.4 City Attorney; powers and duties. (settlement:1)Basic ViewThe City Attorney, subject to ... Council; Subject to the approval of Council, have power to enter into any agreement, compromise or settlement of any litigation in which the City is involved; Render opinions in writing upon any question of ...City of Lackawanna < CHARTER < Department of Law

$760,000 on outside lawyers??? What lawsuits were they working on?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    $760,000 on outside lawyers??? What lawsuits were they working on?
    Exactly!

Now I am just guessing, but maybe some of the ( red ) money is for awards/settlements?
    Settlement - Gabamonte –vs- City

March 1, 2010 Lackawanna City Council Meeting

Resolution #9, 2010

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Schiavi to approve the settlement resolution of the personal injury case of Gabamonte –vs- the City of Lackawanna .

Yeas: Noman Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski CARRIED 5 – 0
    We have insurance and the City pays a deductible according to the City Attorney of an amount from $10-50,000 depending on the claim, which I don't get. Maybe the vehicle liability is different than the "homeowners" policy amounts. ex. a city snow plow hit a man on Martin Road and there was a $50,000 deductible so the City only had to pay $175,000 toward the settlement.

Another Point:
    City attorney stated this at the special council meeting regarding the crash at the City barns a few weeks back. The Council gave loveofmoney permission to spend $30,000 from the general fund to start the repairs until the insurance kicks in, even though Binky voted no. It sounded like he wanted loveofmoney to have a blank check to do what he wants, for what loveofmoney stated could be > than a $200,000 repair.
    Side note: Loveofmoney has the DPW repair project that is in the $100,000's in itself, planned for months now---then the accident happened.
    I could be mistaken--they love their dog and pony shows.

Two separate projects going on at the City Barn Building:
    ** appr. $200,000 + repair
    ** > $ appr. $200,000 repair/remodel/fix

I hope some of that money will go to replacing the city's dumpster.When we had to remove our garage,we were told the city's dumpster use was revoked for dumping hazardous waste.Don't know if that still stands.Renting a dumpster cost around seven hundred dollars to remove building materials etc..If there was a better and more cost efficient way for residents to clean up,would be nice.If we put out to much garbage our garbage men scream scum bag at our house,steal our cans or throw them all over the place.Selling and moving out seems like the only solution right now.

Post Hold On!

That is what they want us to do----move out so they can rape the innocent taxpayer even more!
    I am sorry that happened/happens to you---call normie at 827-6464 and report it.
    Again, folks are scared of retaliation.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information