Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McCracken fired from Water Authority post

McCracken fired from Water Authority post

McCracken fired from Water Authority post
    Former Erie County Legislator Terrence B. McCracken has been fired from his appointed post as director of employee relations for the Erie County Water Authority.

McCracken, who started in the position only two weeks ago, was hired with temporary civil service status. Apparently, the Democrat did not meet all of the civil service requirements for the $ 96,934-a-year post, according to Brian A. Gould of e3communications, a spokesman for the Water Authority.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...-post-20140912

Georgia L Schlager

Wonder if he'll apply for his old parks job?

Georgia L Schlager

Why is the water authority (Government Inc. ) paying a PR firm?!!? Is this part of the plan to protect all those patronage jobs?

It's patronage representing patronage!

Go read up on Brian Gould. He has formerly held positions at the ECWA, the City AND Erie County legislature. How convenient that Brian can suck from all three of them at once now.

http://www.e3communications.com/abou...ublic-affairs/
    Last edited by NY The Vampire State; September 13th, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

I know that you guys will give me hell for this but I feel bad for Terry.
    What is really going on? I have to wonder if he even took the civil service test yet.
    Will the board members give Terry his old job back?

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    What is really going on? I have to wonder if he even took the civil service test yet.
    Hey Itch, you have to feel sorry for McCracken in the way he was politically played. Or will the Sons of Patronage find another position for Mr. McCracken?

The question on his coming back and being re-appointed is, in my mind, slim to none. His own Democratic Party loathes him and therefore what Democratic Town Board member will openly support his coming back. Doing so would make them personas not gratis to the Party - as is McCracken.

The town board recently appointed Mark Lubera temporarily to the crew chief position. When doing so, the board spoke on retitiling the crew chief position. I am not saying that McCracken was not capable of handling a job that included Forestry, Parks, Recreation & Buildings, but am suggesting the board consider if the job entails too much for one administrator in this department.

It is also time for the town to install the hand recognition technology for punching in and out of work; something that was spoken about a long time ago. Currently there is no system in place to determine who is on the job in this department – no time clock, nada.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well in all honestly isn't he experiences in the position he had for the town?

Why would the HR person care what any political party thinks of an employee?

I'm assuming he can apply for what ever position is open and submit a resume like any one else can.

Gotta have time clocks. Trust your employees but verify. It is what any responsible town board would do.

Here we go - this guy has been a willing player in the Lan Dem Committee's dirty trick squad his whole adult life. He was raised in the art of Party Politics - its been his life - his identity.

Any good will he ever created was by use of tax funded sources.

He has perpetuated patronage, political personal assassinations, helped slander and disrupt opposing party candidates lives , party dirty tricks and smear campaigns for over 24 years - and people feel sorry for his situations.

Former Lancaster Town Attorney R. Sherwood stated, "Live by the sword - die by the sword"

Now maybe under new leadership the Parks Department can operate more like a tax funded service. Now maybe those employees denied due job recognition can feel optimistic again.

Maybe instead of paying one Committee Controller for jobs other due - the Town can actually reorganize and clarify these duties and actually rethink multiple unneeded job titles that have served one purpose which has been to inflate one mans salary.

Last point - while some feel sorry for this person - he will enjoy and tax funded pension most working Town Residents wont ever come close to getting !

Also - because of his Party Connections - he'll be given another tax funded pay check soon enough.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Itch, I don't think anyone could take that civil service test if they didn't meet the qualifications for the position the test was for. I think that it's rather odd that no one checked his qualifications before offering him the position

Georgia L Schlager

What tickles me is if you read the letter below - this guys claims to have been doing most of the duties Mr,McCracken was supposed to have been doing : How could that be ? He did all that and a full time out side business - WOW does this guy ever sleep ?

Stay tuned folks. This could very ugly in a hurry. The ball is in McCracken's court.

A guy doesn't resign from a job that pays $73,500, and has 19 years of service in for an if-come.

Maybe he can "Unresign" like Councilman Stempniak did !

He does - I believe have enough state credits for a retirement check. The Parks wasn't his only tax funded job !

Also remember - when they dumped Polancarz's brother he showed up at a $53,000.00 dollar a year Dem Board of Elections job - believe me between his new family ties and his Dem friends(the few he has left) there's always a patronage position some where.

Their just clipping his wings a bit - he over reached when he stepped outside Lancaster. Its much easier being a big fish in a small pond(Lancaster)! Maybe they can run his new wife for Lancaster Supervisor ? ! ?(not attacking his wife - just sayin)

If the Town takes him back there should be a legal way to remove him.

Now I know nogods has been avoiding this one - you know because technically Mr.McCracken is one of his - but what say you nogods - can he legally rescind his resignation ?
    Last edited by 4248; September 14th, 2014 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Itch, I don't think anyone could take that civil service test if they didn't meet the qualifications for the position the test was for. I think that it's rather odd that no one checked his qualifications before offering him the position
    I agree. VERY strange offering a job to someone if they did not meet all qualifications in the first place. My guess is he was "set up to fail".......

From politicsny.net
    McCracken Fired from Water Authority

Sources say former Erie County Legislator Terry McCracken was fired yesterday from his job at the Erie County Water Authority as Director of Employee Relations.

Just three weeks ago, Democrat McCracken resigned his patronage position as the Recreation Director in the Town of Lancaster to accept the $96,700 per year gig at the Water Authority - a big jump in pay. It is unclear whether or not his prior job remains available and if he will return. Sources say the town is in talks with Peter Jerebko, the current ECC Athletic Director, to assume the Recreation Director position.

Insiders say the Erie County Department of Personnel notified Water Authority leadership that McCracken did not meet the civil service requirements for the job. There are competing rumors for why the Water Authority really let McCracken go. One version says he lied on his resume and claimed false academic credentials. Another: he was Erie County Democratic Committee Chairman Jeremy Zellner's point man for town committee races on Primary night, and he lost them all to the Pigeon/Max faction, tipping the scales of power away from Zellner.

With the party re-organizational meeting around the corner, this is not good news for Zellner or County Executive Mark Poloncarz. Such bad news, in fact, that the Water Authority is only giving the press release announcing McCracken's termination to reporters who ask for it.
    - See more at: http://www.politicsny.net/randi.php#....VyRgbiEN.dpuf

Georgia L Schlager

If he indeed falsified his academic history or credentials, that certainly is grounds for termination.

Georgia L Schlager

Wow - there's some short memories around here - it was stated in the Bufnews - his appointment was "Provisional" - they stated it was "temporary" and that the job was unclassified, he didn't take a test.

That's how they get past any job skills requirements - the water department designs a test they hope he can pass within his first year of employment.

The authority creates a position - then they create the requirements - once Civil services approves it - they then administer the test.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information