Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There are those that talk the talk

There are those that talk the talk

and those that walk the walk. Over the past several years and particularly since the 2005 Erie County Budget debacle I have been calling on our leaders in the County, the State and the Town of West Seneca to comply with various law. Some of these demands have fallen on deaf ears and the time for talking has turned to a time of action.

On August 21, 2009 David Monolopolus and I have filed a lawsuit in New York State Supreme Court, Erie County against NANCY G. GROENWEGEN as President of the New York State Civil Service Commission, and THOMAS P. DINAPOLI as Comptroller of the State of New York, and DAVID A. PATERSON as Governor of the State of New York, and CHRIS COLLINS as County Executive of the County of Erie, New York; and ERIE COUNTY, NEW YORK; and CHAIR OF THE ERIE COUNTY CITIZENS’ BUDGET REVIEW COMMISSION; and ERIE COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER CORPORATION; and RALPH M.MOHR AND DENNIS E.WARD as constituting the Erie County Board of Elections;
    and PATRICIA DEPASQUALE as the Town Clerk of the Town of West Seneca, New York; and THE TOWN OF WEST SENECA, NEW YORK. This action has five causes of action: 1) attacking illegal provisional appointments of public employees; 2) compelling the Erie County Citizens’ Budget Review Committee to meet and hold its meetings as required by the Erie County Charter; 3) a challenge to the West Seneca Town policy of extending payments in-lieu of health insurance to elected and appointed town officers not covered by a collective bargaining agreement as unauthorized; 4) challenging the process in which absentee ballots were issued in the June 3, 2009 West Seneca special election and requiring that it be done correctly from here on out; 5) seeking a declaration as to the effective date of the West Seneca downsizing.

Currently the defendants are being served and depending on when and how they are served will be required to answer the complaint within 20 or 30 days of being served.

A copy of the complaint is attached to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

The Answering papers of Defendants DePasquale, Town of West Seneca, Mohr and Ward are due early this upcoming week. Justice Gerald J. Whelan has been assigned to this case.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

The issue raised regarding the date the downsizing vote was adopted will be heard by Justice Whelan this Thursday.

and?????

Judge Whelan recused himself today. It has now been assigned to Justice Sedita and we are to appear in his court tomorrow at 2:00 p.m.

See: http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/828637.html

good luck
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

This morning I submitted an application to preclude Mr. Lorigo from appearing on behalf of Mrs. DePasquale, the Town Clerk, in this matter.

When we appeared before Justice Sedita he explained that due to the fact that this matter involve the general election on November 3 that it desrved to be dealt with as expeditiously as possible. Unfortunately he did not have adequate time to review the papers and he was starting a jury trial on Monday. He made arrangements to have Justice Siwek to see if she could hear and determine the matter quickly.

We then went before Justice Siwek and dealt with some procedural matters. The first was my challenge to Mr. Lorigo's appearance. I was then presented with the option of contesting his appearance and delaying a determination on the merits. We then agreed that Mr. Lorigo would be allowed to appear for Mrs. DePasquale and I would retain my right to object any fee application Mr. Lorigo may make for his services to the Town.

Justice Siwek then heard argument only on the Fifth Claim for Relief which involves the issue of when does the downsizing take effect which would determine whether or not there are two vacancies on the town board that are to be filled at this general election.

Justice Siwek advised us to report back to her courtroom at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday after she has had time to read the papers and review the arguments made today in case she had any further questions for us and after that she intends to issue a written decision by Wednesday.

Attached are the moving papers (w/o attachments to the affidavits).
    Attached Files Attached Files

MrDT

I stated if they merge Offices "Some one will get a raise" - time will tell.

I am not against shared services, I believe the whole story should be presented to the tax payers first.

Not as the "Party Players Usually do" in bits and pieces.

If whats happening is just another shuffle of tax dollars, is that a merger - is that shared services ?

Last point:

I asked direct questions - you never answered either, so let me state them again for you,
    1. Will the lawsuit you filed end up costing West Seneca's tax payers - YES or NO
    2. Will or could your suit change the dates for implementation of the downsizing vote - YES or NO
    This is what I mean, you seem practiced at partial exposure tactics. So anyone can assume you have interests in and a history involving "Politics" - True?

I do as well - I don't hide it. I was a Democrat until I moved to Lancaster NY . I registered as a Republican after getting to know our Supervisor B.Giza and Members of the local Controlling Members of the Lancaster Dem Committee.

I do not represent any Party, I don't support any one Party . I speak my mind and support those who advocate and can bring about change - regardless of their Party Affiliation.

As an American I enjoy the rights of Free Speech and Expression.

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

1. No
    2. Yes

If you actually read the papers I posted in the other thread you could have answered those questions yourself.

Please keep your postings on topic the lawsuit has its own thread and is not pertinent to the assessor or receiver of taxes issues.
    Last edited by dtwarren; October 20th, 2009 at 06:56 AM.

Lightbulb Its all related - its Politics and tax dollars

I asked direct questions - you never answered either, so let me state them again for you,
    1. Will the lawsuit you filed end up costing West Seneca's tax payers - YES or NO - You said "NO".
    Not true and you your self have pointed to the fact Mr.Lirago will be paid with "Tax Dollars".
    Who pays Court Costs? TAXPAYERS!
    Who pays the people your bringing to Court? TAXPAYERS!

I asked: Will or could your suit change the dates for implementation of the downsizing vote - YES or NO
    You say, "Yes" - so the end result could be your efforts could undermine what West Seneca's Voting Taxpayers voted for.

You posted : Please keep your postings on topic the lawsuit has its own thread and is not pertinent to the assessor or receiver of taxes issues.

I say, its all relating to the "Political Manipulation" of the spending of tax dollars - so its relevant. You like to disguise and segment when its all inter related. TAXES.

Your actually working to undermine a Public Referendum - they by nullifying the Voters/Taxpayers.

Now you can shut this thread down or you can allow others to make their own decisions.

Question as you requested - Smokey Lawsuit?

In West Seneca Voters/Taxpayers voted to "Down size" their Town Board. Part of this lawsuit could effectively stall that action.

I feel MR.DT is using a cloud of issues to hide one true facet of his argument. His friend Mr.Monopolus wants to be elected to the Board - he's also a part of this suit.

If the "Down sizing" is stalled, his friend could be elected. Then he feels his friend has a better chance of maintaining a seat once elected.

It appears he's going to cost tax payers money because he's trying to undermine their votes by legal maneuvers.

Thats the opinion of some people and mine. You decide, should voters/taxpayers be forced to pay for Mr.DT and friends actions?

I asked Mr.DTwarren two direct questions - which he first avoided answering then:

I asked Mr DTwarren: Will the lawsuit you filed end up costing West Seneca's tax payers - YES or NO - You said "NO".

Not true and you yourself have pointed to the fact Mr.Lirago will be paid with "Tax Dollars".
    Who pays the people your bringing to Court? TAXPAYERS!

I asked MR.DTwarren : Will or could your suit change the dates for implementation of the downsizing vote - YES or NO
    He replied, "Yes" - so the end result could be your efforts would undermine what West Seneca's Voting Taxpayers voted for!

DTwarren posted : Please keep your postings on topic the lawsuit has its own thread and is not pertinent to the assessor or receiver of taxes issues.

I say, its all relating to the "Political Manipulation" of the spending of tax dollars - so its relevant. He seems to disguise and segment, when its all inter related. Politics and TAXES.

Your actually working to undermine a Public Referendum - they by nullifying the Voters/Taxpayers.

So he suggested I bring this to this thread - so you can decide.

Lightbulb The smoke is clearing - Lawsuit is getting clearer

In West Seneca Voters/Taxpayers voted to "Down size" their Town Board. Part of Mr.DTwarren lawsuit could effectively stall that action. Why would he want to do that. I asked?!?

I feel MR.DT is using a cloud of issues to hide one true facet of his argument. His friend Mr.Monopolus wants to be elected to the West Seneca Board - he's also a part of the very same law suit.

If the "Down sizing" is stalled, his friend could be elected. Then he feels his friend has a better chance of maintaining a seat if and when downsizing occurs.

It appears he's going to cost tax payers money because he's trying to undermine their votes by legal maneuvers.

Thats the opinion of some people and I share that opinion.

You decide, should voters/taxpayers be forced to pay for Mr.DT and friends actions?

I asked Mr.DTwarren two direct questions - which he first avoided answering then:

I asked Mr DTwarren: Will the lawsuit you filed end up costing West Seneca's tax payers - YES or NO - DTwarren said "NO".

Not true and you(DTwarren) yourself have pointed to the fact Mr.Lirago(Lawyer) will be paid with "Tax Dollars".

Who pays the people your bringing to Court(suing)? TAXPAYERS!

I asked MR.DTwarren : Will or could your suit change the dates for implementation of the downsizing that was voted on - YES or NO
    He replied, "Yes" - so the end result could be his/their efforts would undermine West Seneca's Voting Taxpayers, who legally voted for!

DTwarren posted : Please keep your postings on topic the lawsuit has its own thread and is not pertinent to the assessor or receiver of taxes issues.

He has shown his contempt for open exchange when he "locked" another thread after I questioned him on this same topic.

I say, its all relating to the "Political Manipulation" of the spending of tax dollars - so its relevant.

He seems to disguise and segment, when its all inter related.
    Politics and TAXES.

He is actually working to undermine a Public Referendum -
    there by nullifying the Voters/Taxpayers.

This is my opinion..

Thumbs up Ruling upholds West Seneca Downsizing timeline

Ruling upholds West Seneca downsizing timeline

By Matt Gryta

As of Jan. 1 the West Seneca Town Board will have only three members - two councilmen and the town supervisor -State Supreme Court Justice Donna M. Siwek ruled this afternoon.

In a dispute that could be considered by the state's higher courts later this month, Siwek upheld the town's contention that the June 3 vote that overwhelmingly backed a plan to downsize the board took effect immediately, putting off Town Board elections until 2011.

The judge gently chided the State Legislature for leaving the laws affecting such special-election cases for municipalities unchanged and not completely clear for the past seven decades.

In a victory for West Seneca Town Clerk Patricia DePasquale, the judge dismissed a lawsuit launched by Daniel T. Warren, a politically active West Seneca voter, and David Monolopolus, the only avowed candidate for the Town Board this year.

When Voters/Taxpayers Unite regardless of "Party Affiliations" change will come!

4248 - There were a lot of other issues in the lawsuit related to games that the Town plays to get more money out of our pockets and those matters were not dismissed. You are too obsessed with the downsizing issue. The downsizing won't save us money; it's just a vehicle for Kevin Gaughan to get a job. Who is paying him to run all these downsizing campaigns? hmm? Look at Piotrowski's budget - look at the high salaries for his secretary, etc. If you want to save the taxpayers money, join the protest against the budget and the system. That's what Dan Warren is all about; he's not trying to save his friend's job or whatever ridiculous accusation you made. You take up too much of everyone's time with your rants....you should look at the facts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information