Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the libtards

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well that is screwed up. I'd like to know where do they even come up with something like that.
    Sick people, people motivated by revenge or misguided people who think they are doing the right thing I guess.

I read some of the report and was disgusted. It is horrible. We are supposed to be better than that. We are supposed to hold ourselves to a higher standard. Call that idealistic, stupid or whatever you want, but thats what we should be striving for. Sorry, but torture is wrong and those who participated in these horrible acts of cruelty should be prosecuted. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    John McCain’s position is understandable as he was personally affected by torture methods. Torture has always been looked upon as inhumane. The world has changed since terrorists began their target bombing long before 9-11 and their methods of conducting warfare are looked at as inhumane by many Americans; so much so that over 60% of them take no issue with the ‘enhanced intelligence technique’ (CIA Director Brennan’s words) to gather intelligence that would prevent another attack on American soil.
    Actually the world has not changed much. This government prosecuted the Japanese for waterboarding Allied soldiers during WWII. BOOM, end of story. Who is going to sit here and claim that atrocities did not occur during WWII. You?

McCain believes little useful information was gathered by the torture technique. His position is being refuted not only by current CIA Director Brennan but by the previous two director’s s well and many others involved in the process. Their position is that actionable intelligence was obtained – especially in the case of Sheikh Mohammed.
    What actionable information was gained from Khalid? What terrorist attack was stopped because of what our torture provided. And a source please. His "confession" couldn't be used against him for 9/11 and if you are a true student of this, you will know that Khalid made his confession to an Al Jazeera reporter shortly before he and Ramzi Binal Shibh were captured anyway.

Diane Feinstein had an axe to grind and put out a report on a torture process that was curtailed in 2007, served no other purpose but to denigrate the Bush administration and our country before the eyes of the world. It was her last shot at getting this out there and politically damaging the other party; political posturing to the max with no regard to lives put in harm’s way or negative world opinion.
    No question the Democrats sought to use this against the Bush Administration, that's what the parties do these days.

There will be no prosecutions as called for and that is a good thing. Down the road Obama’s drone bombing policy could be looked at in the same light as a process used that not only killed the targeted enemy but innocents as well.
    Here is where you want to have it both ways. Complain against Clinton and Obama for treating terrorism as a crime then complain because Obama treats terrorism as warfare. I have no problem with drone strikes. None. I do have a problem with starting wars where there was no terrorism (Iraq).

So, the Democrats dig up a dead story, claim transparency is a must (while being opaque on several previous scandals), put out a report without any input from the intelligence agencies, openly claim the CIA is lying when they did not involve them in the report, want individuals prosecuted and the current CIA Director fired, and want legislation passed that will forever forbid ‘enhanced intelligence techniques’ to be used. And that helps us how?
    I'm very comfortable listening to the intelligence PROFESSIONALS, those trained in interrogation who without reservation state that torture does not work, causes false information to be given. Proven, time and time again. The only one who still promotes the notion of torture is Cheney.

I find it hard to believe those parents or loved ones that lost people in the bombings of ships, buildings, airplanes and in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars would not be agreeable to lighting the detainees’ balls on fire. We were not that kind of country before 9-11, we have become that way for self-preservation reasons.
    Yea, family members might feel that way. Ferguson comes to mind with that argument so that is a FAIL.

In conclusion, if you libtards are of the mind that the Feinstein report is unassailable in content and that the CIA is lying, so be it.

On the other hand, some of us believe the report is refutable (and it has been refuted) and somewhere in between lies the truth. There are always two sides to a story, but not to libtards.

We also believe enhanced intelligence techniques are of merit and permissible when fighting terrorists; as well as drone strikes.
    You always struck me as being a level headed guy with cogent arguments on issues. then you come here with the name calling. I might have to reassess. Torture is torture and it doesn't work. Those are the facts as compiled by the professionals. The politicians take a different view, which is why they are politicians.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    In your fantasy maybe. in reality it does not.
    Is that so? Then why does every modern country in the world employ it still (while pretending they don't)? Why did McCain admit he divulged info if it doesn't work?

Your posts are torturous.

What i find strange is we spend millions upon millions of dollars teaching and training our service members to resist torture techniques that apparently just don't work. The same people that torture are the same people that teach their members way to resist torture. Strange, right?

Or maybe you ****ing fools just don't know what in the hell you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Is that so? Then why does every modern country in the world employ it still (while pretending they don't)? Why did McCain admit he divulged info if it doesn't work?

Your posts are torturous.
    I can't even imagine what underdeveloped countries do!!! My buddy was in Bosnia,,, that made water boarding look like a day at the beach.

I don't understand how torture does not make one give up intel.....?

I mentioned the modern ones because it's easy to dismiss 3rd world crapholes.

People that claim torture doesn't work are either fools or liars. Ten seconds of introspection would give them the answer.

Now, that's not to say I think it can't be abused, done improperly, done for no other reason than being sadistic, or that its a one size fits all answer. It's a tool to be used, nothing more. But to claim it doesn't work is asinine.

People that are dead set against employing it are on a moral high ground, and I have no problem with their opinion, no matter how naive I believe it to be. People that are adamant that it doesn't work are fools, or disingenuous, which IMO is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    only in America do steel skyscrapers collapse from fire.
    ... plus the impact of passenger jets flying at a few hundred miles per hour, spreading jet fuel over everything....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

People that claim torture doesn't work are either fools or liars. Ten seconds of introspection would give them the answer.
    so sayeth a man who has never been torture. McCain has been there. You and damn foolish flapping lips have not. Who ya think we gonna believe?

The use of the term ‘libtard’ served the purpose it was intended for, to draw the ultra-liberals into expressing their view on torture based solely on their opinion or whether they would again sing the party line. They answered and for that I am grateful as I always relish hearing both sides of the story; and everyone is entitled to an opinion and to have that opinion respected.

While most liberals expressed their outrage at the terror tactics used, they mostly cited reasons expressed by Democratic Party politicos or on McCain’s personal experience and opinion - and based that as irrefutable fact. They hold those with opinions different than theirs in disdain and claim the CIA is lying and no value came from the torture techniques utilized.

There is no right side here. The public will never know the full extent regarding what took place. This does not preclude anyone from believing that torture is inhumane; and it should be called torture, not ‘enhanced intelligence techniques’.

Yes, torture is abhorrent, but it is not an aberration and openly practiced by terrorists. People of other faiths and innocents are being persecuted every day. Are we better than them? Of course we are. Should their savagery be cause to legitimize our use of like tactics? Here some of us believe the answer is yes; that any form of protecting our family, friends and the country as a whole is fair game to keep these animals at bay.

While I agree with the premise that torture should never be used between enemies of legitimate, recognized states, this event was exceptional and caused by a radical group whose goal is to kill all Americans. The torture practiced was acknowledged in the CIA community as excessive and was ended in 2007. There was no good reason to bring this out now except for political gain. Oh, we have to be transparent and beat our breasts they say. Wish it were so transparent for all the previous government scandals that occurred.

God forbid we ever experience another 9-1, but if we do I expect my government to use any measure to make our country whole and safe again. And should we become convinced no useful intelligence can be gained by torturing these fearless souls, should we then kill them with drones like our government is now doing?

Should that time come again, we shall see whether those that maintain the end doesn’t justify the means will walk the talk.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    so sayeth a man who has never been torture. McCain has been there. You and damn foolish flapping lips have not. Who ya think we gonna believe?
    McCain admitted he spilled the beans. So, believe those much more informed than you, dummy.

McCain admitted he spilled the beans. So, believe those much more informed than you, dummy.
    You mean experts like Joe Navarro, FBI agent and interrogation expert: Even If Torture Doesn't Work In The Real World, TV Has Us Convinced It Does

There's just one problem with these scenes, according to former FBI agent and interrogation expert Joe Navarro: "None of it works," he says. "I've done thousands of interviews, and I can tell you, none of [the TV torture stuff] works."

Navarro spent 25 years in the FBI, with much of that time spent training others in interrogation techniques. He says treating terrorists humanely and empathizing with them works better than abusing them.
    Or perhaps Donald Canestraro, a career law enforcement professional experienced interrogator: Torture doesn’t work

I’ve sat across the table from murderers, sex offenders, terrorists, and drug dealers. As a former professional interrogator, I know there’s a good chance that information obtained through coercion isn’t accurate. This is why the release of details about the CIA’s “enhanced interrogation” of terrorist suspects after 9/11 is so important.

In popular media, movies like Zero Dark Thirty and the television show 24 depict torture a tool to get a terrorist to reveal information that leads authorities to the resolve the threat, often seizing a ticking time bomb or capturing those plotting an attack. It makes for great entertainment, but in the real world, cruelty is counterproductive. Torture forces a victim to say anything just to try to end the painful experience.
    Or perhaps the scientist. You do know what a neurobiologist is, don't you? Neuroscience:Torture Doesn't Work and Here's Why

Why am I not surprised that people who think Judge Judy is a real judge also think TV torture works in the real world.

Shouldn't matter if it works or not. We should be better than the Dick Chenyes of the world.

You would think everyone would stop doing it then?!

Nogoods gets slapped silly and ignores it, thinking nobody will notice his deflections.

Stupid, MCCain spilled the beans and did things he was against due to torture. Because get this, stupid, because it works. Just like I told you. Dumb ****.

Nogoods gets slapped silly and ignores it, thinking nobody will notice his deflections.

Stupid, MCCain spilled the beans and did things he was against due to torture. Because get this, stupid, because it works. Just like I told you. Dumb ****.
    D
    so now we know that you don't know what a neurobiologist is. Good thing the brainless like you will never have need of one

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information