Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fired police officer may get pension back

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Fired police officer may get pension back

Fired police officer may get pension back

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - A former Buffalo police officer could get her pension back. Cariol Horne was fired almost six years ago, just shy of when she would have earned a pension.

http://wivb.com/2014/12/09/fired-pol...-pension-back/

She was fired after she accused another officer of choking a suspect.

That officer has been indicted on federal charges.
    Well this will be a good thing if they give her the pension back.

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

It is over

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Fired police officer may get pension backhttp://wivb.com/2014/12/09/fired-pol...-pension-back/

Well this will be a good thing if they give her the pension back.
    Why would this be a good thing. She was fired and that should be the end of her story.
    For ever reason this sounds like appeasement.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Shortly after disclosure in court of a taped conversation between Buffalo police officer Richard Sacco and his brother, John Sacco, discussing ways to kill rival Frosty Novino, Richard Sacco resigned from the force. I believe he was 6 months short of a pension, and I think he was latter allowed to rejoin, work those 6 months, then retire with the pension. A few yeas later Richard and John were prosecuted by the feds for drug dealing.

Fausty

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Why would this be a good thing. She was fired and that should be the end of her story.
    For ever reason this sounds like appeasement.
    She was fired over accusing one of the tax payers employees of choking a person.

From the article.

That officer has been indicted on federal charges.
    If that was the reason for her termination I would say that is not a valid reason to be fired.

If one of our employees sees another one of our employees doing something they should not be doing it needs to be taken care of.

It opens us property/business owners to possible costly lawsuits. Looking at it as a customer service issue it reflects poorly on our community.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    She was fired over accusing one of the tax payers employees of choking a person.

From the article.

If that was the reason for her termination I would say that is not a valid reason to be fired.

If one of our employees sees another one of our employees doing something they should not be doing it needs to be taken care of.

It opens us property/business owners to possible costly lawsuits. Looking at it as a customer service issue it reflects poorly on our community.

If that was the only reason she was fired, then maybe she has a case.

Are you sure

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Shortly after disclosure in court of a taped conversation between Buffalo police officer Richard Sacco and his brother, John Sacco, discussing ways to kill rival Frosty Novino, Richard Sacco resigned from the force. I believe he was 6 months short of a pension, and I think he was latter allowed to rejoin, work those 6 months, then retire with the pension. A few yeas later Richard and John were prosecuted by the feds for drug dealing.
    Are you sure your facts are correct?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    If that was the only reason she was fired, then maybe she has a case.
    I wonder if anyone knows.

I would expect our Cheektowaga Town Board to stomp on any of our employees seen choking someone unless there was undeniable reason to do so. Selling loose cigarettes would not be an excuse to do so.

Does anyone know if the Town Of Cheektowaga have body cams on our police officers? I wonder if we would get a insurance liability discount if they were equipped with them.

That officer has been indicted on federal charges. <----- The officer that was indicted was for an entire different matter, not the case where she jumped on his back giving the suspect they were arresting a "shot" at his gun. The indictment has NOTHING to do with her...
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

She was fired for crossing the "Blue Line" - she didn't stand by while another officer beat a resident. She stopped him and he and his fellow officers didnt like her stepping in.

This same male officer had previous abuse complaints against him for hitting people and abuse of authority. He was actually charged a few times again after this event - on one occasion he took a BB pistol from a young boy - then shot him a few times with it just to show him how much it hurts. Not because the kid shot anyone - just because the officer thought it "Taught him a lesson"

I said when she was first charged it was retaliation for her not turning a blind eye.

Then the Offending officer gets to quietly retire with a healthy tax funded pension.

I am glad she is finally going to get another chance - I hope she hires a real lawyer this time instead of the clown she had last time.

The City Council is not being honest when reporting what they can do - they have rehired fired employee in the past and gave them enough time to retire. They are afraid if they let her back on it opens the door for wrongful termination suit.

According to federal prosecutors, "the officer you speak of" used excessive force while one of the four teens was already under arrest. Officers "X" and "Y" are accused of using one of the suspect’s BB guns to shoot at one of the teens, "the suspect", while the suspect was in handcuffs in a police car. So thus, it wasn't "him" who shot the kid with his BB gun... (I'm not using "real" names as this is all "alleged", innocent, until even proven guilty...)
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

dgrzeb: what you stated is a partially muddle version of facts - if they weren't facts Kwi would still be slapping around residents - bottom line.
    The other Officers should have stopped him or been prosecuted for aiding him.

What a BS statement :
    dgrzeb stated: " not the case where she jumped on his back giving the suspect they were arresting a "shot" at his gun." - that's one misleading attempt at excusing KWI and throwing it back on Horn.

But that how these things go - if they can invent a reason to blow smoke over the wrong doing of "One of their own" then they escape charges for their actions.

This is what needs to end - the "Blue Line" represents "Us against them" - them includes anyone who isnt "One of Their own" - Them = taxpayers, City Hall or anyone who doesn't see things their way.

COPs are under allot of stress - they are taught to take control - always take control - raise your voice - get in their face - use peeper spray - stun them - cuff them - make them surrender - over whelm them - time for a change in the whole training program.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    dgrzeb: what you stated is a partialy muddle version of facts - if they wernt facts Kwi would still be slapping around residents - bottom line. The other Officers should have stopped him or been prosecuted for aiding him.

What a BS statement :
    dgrzeb stated: " not the case where she jumped on his back giving the suspect they were arresting a "shot" at his gun." - that's one misleading attempt at excusing KWI and throwing it back on Horn.

But that how these things go - if they can invent a reason to blow smoke over the wrong doing of "One of their own" then they escape charges for their actions.

This is what needs to end - the "Blue Line" represents "Us against them" - them includes anyone who isnt "One of Their own" - Them = taxpayers, City Hall or anyone who doesn't see things their way.

COPs are under allot of stress - they are taught to take control - always take control - raise your voice - get in their face - use peeper spray - stun them - cuff them - make them surrender - over whelm them - time for a change in the whole training program.
    Yours is the statement that is false, he was indicted on something entirely different from Horne's case, a total separate matter... Get YOUR facts straight not your "BS"...

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    Yours is the statement that is false, he was indicted on something entirely different from Horne's case, a total separate matter... Get YOUR facts straight not your "BS"...
    Nice try - I never stated he was indicted in the Horne case. Show me where I stated that - once again your trying to mix apples and oranges - not this time.

Kwi got more than he deserved and embarrassed all honest hard working COPS.

Anyone who is spineless enough to stand by while their buddy in blue abuses his badge or authority is no better than the guy throwing the punch.

PS - apology accepted - no harm - no foul !
    Last edited by 4248; December 11th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information