Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Slaughterhouse on Ridge Rd. Lackawanna

Slaughterhouse on Ridge Rd. Lackawanna

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I am sorry I have not been as active here as i would like to be but another new development in how the City of "LACK" is trying to screw the 1st Ward. Now do not get me wrong, I am all for business---but not a slaughter house for live animals right on Ridge Road! city hall, mayor and his administration have also keep this hidden from us for 2 months-----WHY????
    Because they knew this kind of operation was fought out on William Street in the spring and there was a SUBWAY SHOP but NO ONE LIVED close by, NO HOUSES! They knew we in the 1st ward would protest the killing of live animals and the associated by-products such as rats and diseases that go along with it all! Now I know some people want this kind of operation but they can put the killing part somewhere else, NOT ON RIDGE ROAD!
    Stay tuned, story on YNN News now.
    I thought this deserved it's own thread.

What supporters of the slaughter-house fail to consider, are the
    very real environmental problems generally known and associated with slaughterplants.

In Kaufman, Tx, neighbors shut down a local slaughterhouse
    because not only were the smells & "slaughterhouse debris"
    offensive, but the run-off of blood and manure were seeping
    into the towns water-system.

The above can be read here:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/no-...falo-ny-please

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They knew we in the 1st ward would protest the killing of live animals
    Andrea?

how do you expect burgers and steaks to be made?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Andrea?

how do you expect burgers and steaks to be made?
    WNYresident
    Are you volunteering to have a slaugherhouse in your back yard?

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    WNYresident
    Please! Don't give Town of Lancaster any ideas! We have enough problems with our town board. I am surprised they haven't allowed a slaughterhouse in town.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    WNYresident
    I have a dump basically in my back yard on indian/broadway.

Is the area zoned for a business?

Exactly what is the procedure they slaughter this stuff? I would believe they do it in a building don't they? There are health codes that have to be followed. I don't think the animals scream and they are being killed. How is this going to effect the people around it? Traffic patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I have a dump basically in my back yard on indian/broadway.

Is the area zoned for a business?

Exactly what is the procedure they slaughter this stuff? I would believe they do it in a building don't they? There are health codes that have to be followed. I don't think the animals scream and they are being killed. How is this going to effect the people around it? Traffic patterns?
    I have to admit as an animal lover, I just don't like the idea of having a slaughter house anywhere near me. Yes, I know that is how you get burgers etc...

Where on Ridge Rd. is this slaughterhouse supposed to go? Is there an address you can share with us? I did a little research on this type of business. I did find that generally, it is not operated in an urban setting amongst residential homes.

A bit more info here,

I believe this slaughterhouse will adhere to Islamic standards. Given the demographics of the area, I'll bet it will be a success, which will add jobs and tax revenue. Can't blame the neighbors' objections, but as Res said, if the zoning is there... if they are applying for a variance, and it were me, I wouldn't want to be less than a mile away.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    I have to admit as an animal lover, I just don't like the idea of having a slaughter house anywhere near me. Yes, I know that is how you get burgers etc...
    Well come one now. it's has to be somewhere and I don't believe there will be a home right next to the slaughter house.

Im' sure osha or who ever department will let them just drain gallons of animal liquid behind the building.. it will provide jobs and some tax revenue.

I don't know who will be working in the city when they drive everyone out.
    It will be revenue for the few left that want to smell dead animals and hear them scream while there being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonldy View Post
    I don't know who will be working in the city when they drive everyone out.
    It will be revenue for the few left that want to smell dead animals and hear them scream while there being killed.
    I swear I would move if I had next door to me.
    No wonder I do not eat much meat any more.

Thumbs up self employed

well, the city employees will become self employed.

Hope welfare can support the economy.I'm just gonna lift my teepee and move where the Buffalo are plentiful.It's smarter then staying in a place where people stab themselves over and over again in the foot.

Thumbs down The Real Problem

The real problem besides the ugly side-effects associated with a Live Animal Market such as diseases, birds, rats and flies is the cover-up mayor polanski and company did concerning this kind of operation. I recently asked the Dir. of Dev. specifically if there is anything going on in my Ward that I should know about. His reply was NO, nothing he could discuss, because of "sensitive business negotiations", that I would know when the time was right.
    I went to his house on Labor Day when I found out by a fluke, to confront him on it and he said if I ever go to his house again he will have me arrested.
    I charge them all with lies and cover-up! They knew the slaughter house was in the making for 2 months, many people knew, and he said they already have their sewar permits for the blood,etc. He said we can not stop them and they are going to do a great thing for Lackawanna.
    One of their workers told the man who told me about the slaughter house, "That we found a depressed area in Buffalo where they didn't want us, we found a depressed area in Lackawanna and they welcomed us!"
    I am not opposed to the butcher shop or their market---it is the killing and storing of live animals so close to homes. Why didn't the mayor tell them to go in Abbott Plaza or on South Park by Botanical Gardens? Why do they keep putting operations that no other community want in our 1st Ward, and then lie and cover-up the facts to distort the problem, this is the real problem. Another Lackawanna City Hall Cover-up.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information