Thread: Inflated Lackawanna Home Prices!

Question Inflated Lackawanna Home Prices!

I would like to know why mortgage companies claim Lackawanna is highly desirable. The home prices seem a little high, especially when the school system is getting low marks. I grew up in the third ward, so I know the area quite well. I went to the high school and graduated and went on to college after a stint in the military. I am thinking of moving back after some time away. The neighborhood parks look pretty bad compared to what they used to be? There seem to be a few schools that need to be torn down or refurbished?? Businesses closing up shop. I see what appear to be junkies/crackheads hanging out around the pawn shop on Ridge Road?? The city looks a tad more shady than say, ten years ago?? Can anyone give me a good reason to move back? Thanks for your input!

Bump.

Bumpity Bum Bum. Bum Bum

Low housing prices maybe? Gee I wonder why. Just in some areas. Then in some areas adjacent to it they are to high. Could never figure that out. I agree with your assessment about the city looking worse because it does. The me first people are plundering this city for their own gain.

Quote Originally Posted by FroMan View Post
    Bumpity Bum Bum. Bum Bum
    You're bumping a thread at 5:15 AM that you created at 4:09 AM the same morning on SU? You must be from Lackawanna.
    Meow, baby

This isn't rocket science. Housing prices are determined by what buyers are willing to pay.

A seller can put his house on the market for whatever price he wants, but if buyers won't pay that, he'll be forced to either drop his price or take the house off the market.

Conversely, if somebody puts his home for a certain amount and it sells in 2 days, similar homes in the same neighborhood will go on sale with asking prices of somewhat more than that. If those homes also sell quickly, then the prices of nearby homes that go on sale afterwards will be even higher.

ICan anyone give me a good reason to move back? Thanks for your input!
    You shouldn't???

Quote Originally Posted by path finder spirit View Post
    Perhaps the house prices are reflecting the restoration of buffalo's waterfront , creeping closer and closer to lackawanna. Also if I have my way, my hopes for 20 years, of a national park with all the old Bethlehem land, cleaned up, joined to wood lawn beach. Then the land value of lackawanna will sky rocket, so best to hold and see what happens. Orchard Park residents will be knocking at your door, asking, will you please sell me your house.

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

John Nowak

http://www.christjustified.com/Natio...rFrontPark.pdf
    John, you are probablly right. Either the earth will cleanse itself or we humans will get the hint.

In the big picture for me, I will be dead by then. So why should I care?

Can anyone give me a good reason to move back? Thanks for your input!

Sorry, I can't

There was a pretty nice looking place on Rich that started at 20 thou,that doesn't seem like a high price to me.We are 15 mins from downtown,most of our drug dealers,hookers,addicts and alcoholics stay inside rather then on corners.(just don't walk past cherry stone or that small block is my advice,go around)

We have a quite a few dollar stores,lots of take out and second hand stores in every direction,an aldi's and save alot.If your short on cash,this is the place!
    I'm NOT complaining as I love all the above.There are lots of parks in the area so,they can't dirty them all at once,your bound to find one clean if you rotate area's.Botanical gardens is a stones throw makes for lovely walks or jogging,skating.We have a new pool 3 dollars a year gets you in free with card.Most of the people here are VERY nice once they find your not hosting any sacrificing to Lucifer parties in your yard (joking,kind of) and your bound to have your walkway shoveled at least once by one of these nice people..makes plenty of reason to live here by me

Thread Information