Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Slaughterhouse on Ridge Rd. Lackawanna

I wonder what happened to the 500grand these guys got? Anyone noticed it took a month for Tim Horton's in Blasdell to open FULLY while this thing is not anywhere near completion? What gives??? Where's the progress? and Where's our tax dollars?

Post Whoa.............!

Sheep, cows escape from slaughter house
    Updated: Wednesday, 03 Nov 2010, 8:21 AM EDT
    Published : Wednesday, 03 Nov 2010, 8:21 AM EDT

Nalina Shapiro
    Posted by: Emily Lenihan
    BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - While you were sleeping Tuesday night, in one community police were literally counting sheep.

In the included picture, those are not santa's reindeer, rather sheep.

Police in Lackawanna say they escaped from a slaughterhouse on Ridge Road.

Police are not sure right now how many sheep escaped, but News 4 counted dozens.

As you can see in the included picture, they had their hands full trying to catch the animals, but in the end they were all caught.

Some cows also escaped.

Police caught all of them as well.

It's unclear how the animals escaped, or exactly how many got out.

Lackawanna police say they think someone broke in and let the animals out of the slaughterhouse.

Poor things. I eat meat, but I want to see it in the case at Tops NOT running down Ridge Road.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

Nalina Shapiro
    BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - While you were sleeping Tuesday night, in one community police were literally counting sheep.

Police are not sure right now how many sheep escaped, but News 4 counted dozens.

As you can see in the included picture, they had their hands full trying to catch the animals, but in the end they were all caught.

Some cows also escaped.

Lackawanna police say they think someone broke in and let the animals out of the slaughterhouse.

Poor things. I eat meat, but I want to see it in the case at Tops NOT running down Ridge Road.
    Nice. People decided to let the animals escape into the street where they'd be hit by cars.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Probably Andrea and her cronies.....LOL!!!!!!!!

Post Lackawanna Barnyard Made a Dash for it!

You got me......I borrowed my Granddaughters cow costume and rappelled off the roof to spring the prisoners! The rest of my gang tunneled in --in their bunny suits. Please!
    I was at the Hyatt till 10:45 and flew home to watch the Grands---I can supply all the witnesses you want..
    I haven't stopped laughing since I saw the 6am news on ch 4! HaHaHaHa.

Poor Police ---I heard they even had Fred the dog catcher riding the range trying to rope in the varmints! HaHaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Why do cops spread rumors??? They "think" someone broke in? LOL

I am surprised this didn't happen sooner. Lack of security around there and its half completed. This could have been a disaster. A cow would do a lot of damage to a small car.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    That was my first thought as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    That was my first thought as well!
    Shows what a dumb*** you really are.

Post Thank Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Why do cops spread rumors??? They "think" someone broke in? LOL

I am surprised this didn't happen sooner. Lack of security around there and its half completed. This could have been a disaster. A cow would do a lot of damage to a small car.

I am very happy too that there was not an accident----I heard there was a cow standing by the bridge---that could have been ugly!

Thank Goodness all the cowboys roped in the ornery varmints before they did any damage. We could have set them loose for awhile to eat the weeds in the over-grown lots though......Hey, how much do you think it costs to feed the herd? We might be onto something here, the slaughter house can pay the city a stipend---and maybe the community service folks can be the shepherds!?

People who play that farm game on FaceBook can come to LA and play with the real barnyard animals. Over 100 sheep and goats???-----

Post Still Laughing!

I mean no offense to the Community Service folks either. I just know there is an issue with who supervises them and where they work it off because there are often many of them and not enough public buildings to clean .

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

Nalina Shapiro

Some cows also escaped.

When I watched the news last night, I could not believe what I was watching. I could have heard wrong, if someone can clarify for me, did I really hear the news announcer say they use the sheep for their Yemen rituals by slaughtering them for their religion?

The part that concerns me is that it is somewhat a urban setting, having herds of animals in an environment that is not completely finished, does it really meet the code of caring for the animals, let alone slaughter for the public to eat?

I don't know, this all seems weird and non sanitary for some reason. I saw the pictures of the building, it looks terrible. Also, where are the animal rights people and why are they not jumping on this one. It is a miracle that no one got hurt driving by and killing an animal and hurting a person/person's in a car. A cow, that would do allot of damage.

Post Still Laughing, BUT it is Veryyyyy Serious!

AGENDA

COUNCIL MEETING

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
    COUNCIL CHAMBERS

www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us

Meeting called to order/Pledge of Allegiance

NB: Meeting being recorded.

Roll Call:

Council: Noman, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

Dept.Heads: Law, Public Works, Public Safety, Recreation, Development

Hearings from Citizens:

Various concerns from John Ingram

Departmental Reports:

1.City Compt. – AP Check Listing #8, 09/30/10.
    2.City Compt. – AP Check Listing #9, 10/7/10.
    3.City Compt. – AP Check Listing #10, 10/14/10.
    4.City Compt. – AP Check Listing #11, 10/22/10.
    5.City Clerk – Monthly report October, 2010.
    6.City Treas. – Receipts deposited into general fund, October 2010.
    7.City Compt. – AP Check Listing #12, 10/29/10.
    Communications from the Council

Council President Jaworski – seeking support for approval for Lackawanna Line Dance team to hold jamboree on Dec. 17, 2010, at the Senior Center. Request use of coffee urns.

Council President Jaworski – requests approval of ordinance regarding business registration within the city limits.

Communications from Department/Division Heads :

City Attorney – requests approval of resolution regarding the Lackawanna Municipal Housing Authority White Collar Employees Agreement.

City Attorney – request approval of ordinance for sale of 30 Victory Avenue to Michael Adams, Council approved sale at previous meeting of September 20, 2010.

Director of Development – submits for Council review, information on using Smart Growth Techniques as Stormwater Best Management Practices. Included are fact sheet on green infrastructure.

Comm. of Public Works – requests approval of resolutions accepting Martin Road Subdivision & Albright Court. Resolution is required to add new roadways to the NYSDOT roadway inventory, affecting our annual CHIPS payment from NYS.

City Attorney – requests approval of resolution directing the City Assessor to hold a public bidding on sale of 31 South Street .

Miscellaneous

Florika Miranda – requests Commissioner of Deeds for the City of Lackawanna .

John Jacobi – requests tax relief for Jacobi's Restaurant.

Resolutions:

LMHA White Collar Employees collective Bargaining Agreement.

Directing Assessor to hold public sale of premises known as 31 South Street .

Authorizing public works to maintain streets encumbered in the Martin Road Subdivision Project.

Authorizing public works to maintain streets within the Albright Court infrastructure which was not added to the NYS Roadway Inventory.

Ordinances

Sale of 30 Victory to Michael Adams for the sum of $1500

Business Licensing Registrations

Hearings From Citizens:

What the **** bleep is up with the livesock round-up?
    How much did it cost The City of Lackawanna in Over-Time?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    When I watched the news last night, I could not believe what I was watching. I could have heard wrong, if someone can clarify for me, did I really hear the news announcer say they use the sheep for their Yemen rituals by slaughtering them for their religion?

The part that concerns me is that it is somewhat a urban setting, having herds of animals in an environment that is not completely finished, does it really meet the code of caring for the animals, let alone slaughter for the public to eat?

I don't know, this all seems weird and non sanitary for some reason. I saw the pictures of the building, it looks terrible. Also, where are the animal rights people and why are they not jumping on this one. It is a miracle that no one got hurt driving by and killing an animal and hurting a person/person's in a car. A cow, that would do allot of damage.
    They should have sold the property to Tonawanda Coke - what they let loose on the neighborhood is so much less harmful than a bunch of livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    They should have sold the property to Tonawanda Coke - what they let loose on the neighborhood is so much less harmful than a bunch of livestock.
    Good point, well taken. I mean this slaughterhouse, I have to admit there is something odd about it....don't you agree? Why in the first place is it not completed? It looks bad, so to go and buy food/meat might appear unclean and is it healthy?

I feel, my opinion only that they could have done a better job in placing this business in a better place & make it look better.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Good point, well taken. I mean this slaughterhouse, I have to admit there is something odd about it....don't you agree? Why in the first place is it not completed? It looks bad, so to go and buy food/meat might appear unclean and is it healthy?

I feel, my opinion only that they could have done a better job in placing this business in a better place & make it look better.
    It is ok where it is. They wanted that to be the catalyst to revive the neighborhood but they let them open halfassedly.I wonder what happened to the 500 grand this place got from the state thanks to Senator Bill Stachowski. It was nice to see how the Yemenite community threw this guy under the bus even though he did this for them and got their soccer club thousands of dollars a year.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread Information