Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Slaughterhouse on Ridge Rd. Lackawanna

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    Hey them Burka wearers have to eat too. And the Lackawana Area is fullm of those people.I dont want to be less the 1000 yards from them thats about the right range.
    You want to impact Lackawana get rid of the Burka wearers. I refuse to drive through you fair city becuase of that population.
    Make no Difference the Burka wearers almost got there asses kicked.
    QUOTE=Cgoodsp466;524479]I know all about him Dude. Like I said how do you tell the bad guys from the good guys? You have a program that points em out. Muslims suck thats all I have to say on the issue.[/QUOTE]

How can you be so racist? What surprises me is that all the other members such as tiredofbs who we know to me a school board member and Andrea the first wards heart and soul havent condemned your brutally racist posts. I read the thread 'u guys almost got invaded' where tiredofbs had many oppotunitys to SPEAKUP against the HATE POSTS but didnt. You guys should read all Cgoodsp466 posts. Your quick to respond when it comes to politics but fast to look the other way when tough issues such as this come up.
    Last edited by SunnyLA; September 13th, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Hey them Burka wearers have to eat too. And the Lackawana Area is fullm of those people.I dont want to be less the 1000 yards from them thats about the right range.
    Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Quote:
    You want to impact Lackawana get rid of the Burka wearers. I refuse to drive through you fair city becuase of that population.
    Quote:
    Make no Difference the Burka wearers almost got there asses kicked.

As third ward council candidiate in Lackawanna I find your comments highly offensive. I am glad you will not drive through my city we really do not need your type here.Your comments are digusting and have no place on this forum maybe you need to just post where you live.I urge everyone to stick up for our city by condemning this guys actions.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLA View Post
    How can you be so racist? What surprises me is that all the other members such as tiredofbs who we know to me a school board member and Andrea the first wards heart and soul havent condemned your brutally racist posts. I read the thread 'u guys almost got invaded' where tiredofbs had many oppotunitys to SPEAKUP against the HATE POSTS but didnt. You guys should read all Cgoodsp466 posts. Your quick to respond when it comes to politics but fast to look the other way when tough issues such as this come up.
    I must have missed the memo that declared me the job of Internet police. Maybe that memo got lost with the one that made me a school board member.

SunnyLA, where do you get your information? I am not a school board member.

If Cgoodsp466 wants to feel that way, that is his right. He has a right to his opinions and his feelings. Maybe the "Lackawanna Six" or the attacks America suffered on 9/11/01 have caused him to feel the way he does. I really don't know what his reasons are. Do we have a right to tell somehow how to feel? I can't stop anyone from being a racist anymore than I can stop you from hating Cgoodsp466 for his comments.

I chose to ignore his comments rather than give merit to them by commenting.
    Last edited by tiredofbs; September 13th, 2009 at 11:01 PM.

Wow. Will these guys be allowed to set up their business anywhere in WNY? This is ridiculous.

They have stated so many times that they will be handling this humanely. That there will not be a "smell." They have submitted plans.

Yet, people still oppose a business coming into the city.

It's really kinda disgusting that someone is trying to do something good and everyone attacks them.

I for one, will shop there. We need fresh food markets around here. We really don't have any. Fresh meat is great.
    Ever go to Wendels in Springville on a Tuesday? (It's slaughter day there) Freshly killed chicken----mmmmmm!
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Put the pedal to the metal Archie Bunker!

I told you all last week I was sorry I was not keeping up with this blog because I am very busy with my re-election campaign and the past week with the city hall slaughter house cover-up mess. First Ward Councilwoman or not of course I am against racism--prejudice--racial profiling--Nazis--etc. The fight I am fighting is totally about the neglect of our side of the city due to the good ole' boys prejudices and the way they buy their way into office, through a few crumbs( I heard David a democratic committeeman tell Abdul another dem. com. back in April,"yeah,I don't know if I am going to take that Water Authority job"), use us, and then we never see them on our side of the bridge again until next election time. I take offense to any racist remark and personally feel the pain of stereotyping a person who is from the First Ward. It got worse when the Archie Bunker's took OUR schools out of the 1st Ward.
    And please tell me exactly where my posts are only about politics? Am I on the Home and Garden Blog?
    Hit-it Archie, we have enough bigots already in "Lack"awanna.

Fyi

I do not know what a berka is but if you are referring to the scarves the ladies wear they are called Ha jib in Arabic. I find the many cultures in our diversified City intriguing. ALL of it is America.

ANDREA,
    You'd better hold your nose going down South Park Avenue in the Fourth Ward also, Will Poultry has been killing chickens and lambs for years. I lived close to there ...never smelled anything. By the way, what have you done with the $10,000 a year you were alloted for the playgrounds(total in four years was $40,000) You have been there for four years and havent put a piece of equipment in any of your playgrounds in your ward.....You wasted all that allotment because you were too busy name calling..All you to do is point fingers at other people. You are so busy calling people, goons, crooks and devils, you didnt have time to anything for the people. Good Riddance!!!!!!
    Last edited by toms; September 14th, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo

You are a disgusting racist. Here's a secret. When you die, guess what? Jesus lived in a dessert, He was born in Israel and he is not going to have blond hair and a white face. GET READY. If you dont like the Arabic people, go move South maybe you can join the KKK......

A burqa (Arabic pronunciation: [ˈbʊrqa]; also transliterated burkha, burka or burqua from Arabic: برقع‎ burqu‘ ) is an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions for the purpose of cloaking the entire body. It is worn over the usual daily clothing (often a long dress or a shalwar kameez) and removed when the woman returns to the sanctuary of the household (see purdah).

For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burqa

Terms of service

IMHO, I don't think that TOMS is following this forums Terms of Service. In accordance with the terms shouldn't his posts be removed?

"DennisMulqueen
    Open government means better relationships when dealing with things of this nature.No one really trusts the mayor or the council like they used to because of thier "top secret" nature. It makes common people think something shady is going on. Wouldn't you want to cover your butt by being more open. Just a thought..."

Sounds like a reasonable thought,I agree

"andreahaxton
    Some of you think that we are dirty/industrial/ghetto on our side of the bridge so anything is better than nothing and this is all we can get so take it and shut-up. That we should welcome these businesses no other community allows in and consider ourselves lucky I suppose."

I don't feel that way and a few others I know,don't think of it as anything but neglected.Who can blame the citizens for the run down conditions?
    Blackrock and other places have programs to help rehab buildings.
    Blame falls on those that neglected to support such programs being effectively used in the most needy area's.It's the first place most people see when traveling through the city.I think that would give most people the worst impression upon entering the city.No one should wonder why Lackawanna often gets a lot of name calling about what it looks like.I've wondered if they want to have the area totally abandon,perhaps just rebuild,right? Why do everything possible to drive out the citizens and that's what's being done.
    Fresh meat would be better if it was organic without hormones and other substances known to be used in big business meat.To bad that market couldn't include getting the supply from a local farm of grass and seed fed animals.That would be ideal IMO but maybe impossible,I really don't know.
    If the place didn't end up neglected in a few years and teaming with rats and flies,I think having new business in the area is great.I like the idea of seeing it in the plaza too.It would be convenient for shopping.If they added more food markets or farmers markets in the lot,even better.
    I think it would help the surrounding area's of farmers to make some well needed income.Bring some of that wonderful fresh produce in and let the growers reap some of the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Wow. Will these guys be allowed to set up their business anywhere in WNY? This is ridiculous.

They have stated so many times that they will be handling this humanely. That there will not be a "smell." They have submitted plans.

Yet, people still oppose a business coming into the city.

It's really kinda disgusting that someone is trying to do something good and everyone attacks them.

I for one, will shop there. We need fresh food markets around here. We really don't have any. Fresh meat is great.
    Ever go to Wendels in Springville on a Tuesday? (It's slaughter day there) Freshly killed chicken----mmmmmm!
    There is a slaughter business on Sandridge Rd in Alden that I frequently buy meat from. While Alden has a lot of agriculture, this particular establishment is located on a primarily residential street. I have not once smelled any offensive odors coming from Simon's Meats. I personally think the fish fry from the bowling alley next door is the smelly business.

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    ANDREA,
    You'd better hold your nose going down South Park Avenue in the Fourth Ward also, Will Poultry has been killing chickens and lambs for years. I lived close to there ...never smelled anything. By the way, what have you done with the $10,000 a year you were alloted for the playgrounds(total in four years was $40,000) You have been there for four years and havent put a piece of equipment in any of your playgrounds in your ward.....You wasted all that allotment because you were too busy name calling..All you to do is point fingers at other people. You are so busy calling people, goons, crooks and devils, you didnt have time to anything for the people. Good Riddance!!!!!!
    Why don't you ask the rest of the gang what they spent the money on? See pics of "updated" Avery Playground. These guys transfer money out of this playground account for other things by the way it isn't 10grand it's $7500 per ward.Take the money divide it by 6 or7playgrounds in each ward that equals NOTHING. You can't buy a thing for 1000 bucks a playground. By the way if you thought Avery was bad drive by Mckinley or Ridgewood playgrounds. Nothing has been done since the 70's same equiptment I played on as a kid. Mckinely is despicable totally torn up.The joke is on you. Pictures do not lie. Why don't you call out Kulczyk,Jaworski, and Schavi while your at it to.Not just Andrea. Ever been to Autumn Acres playground lately????

Sorrento Cheese on South Park stinks!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is the address where they want to kill the animals. I want to go to google maps and see what the area looks like.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information