Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Slaughterhouse on Ridge Rd. Lackawanna

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    All of you people just blatantly ignoring all the points of those that are opposing Andrea, shame on you.

Andrea is a politician. It is our right and our duty as citizens to question everything that a politician does.

Andrea and you guys seem to want to make it personal, and it isnt'. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I may not live in Lackawanna, but it is on my doorstep, therefore, I have a vested interest in what happens there.

Nobody questions why everyone on the council is playing ignorant to Andrea's concerns? That raises a BIG red flag to me. If this business is actually a bad thing for the city, I'd be greatly concerned if someone that was representing me was not being heard by his/her peers, and complained about it instead of doing something about it. So far, all I've seen and heard is Andrea pointing the finger at others.

It is the job of a politician to do what is in the best interest of their constituents. If the business is bad, then she needs to do what she needs to do to convince the council of that. Going on TV and complaining that they don't listen is NOT going to get people to listen, it's going to piss them off more.
    This is a great disservice to the people she represents, and I suggest you all see the reality of the situation. I don't doubt her heart is in the right place, but she needs to get it together and get her peers on board.

I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Trolling my other posts and using them against me, is just pathetic. And desperate, even.
    Her peers will NEVER get on board never have and never will.I know this personally because 3 members on the council have told me so. I belive they will try to intimidate anybody who does not agree with them.Maybe you need to walk door to door in Lackawanna and see what people want and how they feel about the current council in general.Trust me you will be surprised.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; October 6th, 2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: add

The laws are being changed out of necessity. People are starting to raise and grow their own food again, and society needs to change to reflect that.

I agree with your points but, I still don't see why you are against a business moving into a seriously depressed area.
    I never said I was against a business moving into the area. It's the corruption and back door politics I'm against.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    I'm not sure that this is really a bad thing for the City of Lackawanna. What I am sure of is that I am against the underhanded way this slaughterhouse issue was handled by the Mayor. He deliberately kept this controversial matter from the public. This had to have been in the works for some time in order for them to have already met all the standards, codes, and regulations of the city as well as those of the county sewer inspectors. The mayor handled this the way he handles everything, behind closed doors and under the table. He could consider trying a little diplomacy rather than the gestapo method he and his goons are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Why are the other councilmen playing ignorant to Andrea's concerns? Let's see...

Polanski wants this business (for whatever reason)

2nd Ward Guy got a job at the Water Authority through Polanski's connection, the LA Democratic Chairman

3rd Ward Guy owes his appointment to the Council to Polanski

Council President has one son and one son-in-law promoted in the police department by Polanski, and he fancies himself as the heir apparent to the Mayor's throne when Polanski leaves, figuring if he plays nice he will inherit his support. How else do you explain that channel 4 toured the building a month ago, Andrea has been bitchin for two months, we have been reading about it on this site for a month and he says "we knew absolutely nothin about this" or words to that effect. Go to WIVB and read what he really said.

The 4th ward guy, well, let's just say that his sister ran against Polanski and he supported Polanski if that gives you any indication of what type of guy he is.

Tentacles run deep in LA and everything is usually never like it appears on the surface. We the constituents haven't been represented for over 6 years.

-this is my thought...he screwed Mr. Noman for the 2nd time with the Democratic nomination. Now he HAS to play nice-nice in order to attempt to win back the Muslim community for his own secret agenda (word has it he wants to be Council President AGAIN when his term is over) That is one possibility. There a a few more on where he feels his policital career is going.

-and the Democratic Chairman

Council President has one son and one son-in-law promoted in the police department by Polanski, and he fancies himself as the heir apparent to the Mayor's throne when Polanski leaves, figuring if he plays nice he will inherit his support. How else do you explain that channel 4 toured the building a month ago, Andrea has been bitchin for two months, we have been reading about it on this site for a month and he says "we knew absolutely nothin about this" or words to that effect. Go to WIVB and read what he really said.

-----If ANYONE believes the Council Members other than Andrea did NOT know about this when it all began--I am Mother Teresa!! The guy who works in purchasing knew about it. The Assessor's office knew about it. Ralph Miranda knew about it. Steve Bremer knew about it. Sewer Board knew about it. The list goes on and on.

The 4th ward guy, well, let's just say that his sister ran against Polanski and he supported Polanski if that gives you any indication of what type of guy he is.

Disgusting isn't it? They actually offered her the position of Council Clerk NOT to run against polanski. Like she stated at the time....why would I run for the top position and settle for something lower?

Tentacles run deep in LA and everything is usually never like it appears on the surface. We the constituents haven't been represented for over 6 years.[/QUOTE]

All of you people just blatantly ignoring all the points of those that are opposing Andrea, shame on you.

Andrea and you guys seem to want to make it personal, and it isnt'. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I may not live in Lackawanna, but it is on my doorstep, therefore, I have a vested interest in what happens there.
    Nobody questions why everyone on the council is playing ignorant to Andrea's concerns?
    I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Trolling my other posts and using them against me, is just pathetic. And desperate, even.
    1. All you people, Yes all the people. That should give you a clue.
    2. What makes you think it's not personal. You need to know the dynamics of the Lackawanna City Hall before making that kind of a statement.
    3. You hit the nail on the head...PLAYING IGNORANT. Nobody questions because we already know. You can't sit on the outside and insist that you know more than those of us who are living the nightmare.
    4. When you start paying taxes to the City of Lackawanna then you have a vested interest and you will have a vote. Until then, your opinion is an opinion and nothing more.
    5. Trolling your posts and using them against you? If that's been done then I guess you are right sometimes the truth hurts.

I really love how Chuck Jaworski denies any knowledge of the slaughterhouse.
    Watch at the end for Playor Polanski. Does anyone else think he looks and sounds like he drank his lunch? He makes Family Guy's Peter Griffin sound intelligent.

Sorry I couldn't get the video to work. Go to this link to play the video.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/S...dents_20091006
    Last edited by tiredofbs; October 7th, 2009 at 12:01 AM.

Post Walk in my shoes.....

I am sure many of you know psychology, body language, and human nature. I have made many attempts to work with the boys club over the years, way before I got elected---remember I have been at this politics a solid 20 years.
    All I have ever asked City Hall for were neighborhood issues to be fixed. In other words quality of life concerns such as:
    *mow and weed-wack over-grown city properties and get after/help citizens do theirs
    *pave streets
    *Help seniors and our kids
    *repair sidewalks---fill potholes
    *modernize playgrounds
    *take down dead trees, etc.
    All of these type of things are a no-brain-er to me, our city is small and the demographics never change, SO why did our city get so run down?

Folks, we have all worked with, and better yet have family and friends who will never change, do the right thing, or make responsible decisions. Then when you try to discuss what went/is going wrong they turn on you and shut you out by hollering at you till you give up, leave them alone and go off and just do your own thing.
    I got a better one---did you ever lend someone money and they promised to pay you back and didn't? When you ask them about it they turn on you and attack you so you back down and you feel sorry you even asked for it back. Both types of people turn the righteous thing you are attempting to do into a screaming match so they can make you go away. The club has tried to use their gang tactics on me for years, if they would change their macho man behavior we could progress and repair Lackawanna.

The boys club keeps trying to block me, humiliate me, bully me, and scream me down while hiding behind the city attorney. FYI All I am doing is trying to get them to follow our own laws, spend the money on the people/city repairs, and treat EVERYONE fairly.
    The boys club does not like it that I call them out on their corruption and crooked deals,then they refuse to do their job for all of the citizens. Selective self-serving agendas are the "norm" in Lackawanna, part of our history. That old saying "it is not what you know, it is who you ...." is the motto here.
    The slaughter house is a typical example--the boys hid it since last summer because they knew citizens would rebel the location, so here we are again trying to get them to cooperate with the people. City Hall is hiding the truth from the public and refusing to work with me because I tell people the facts about what is going on, I was elected to be their watchdog and I am on guard! I believe pretty much all city hall people knew about the slaughter house operation, the club has gang mentality and are loyal to the club before the people.
    I know very well how to work with people---I would not be where I am today if I did not, I even have real credentials to back up my personal knowledge.

I am in city hall to do my job and I do it, I try to work with them but they refuse to cooperate with me,it is not me--I am doing my duty for the people of the First Ward and the CITY of Lackawanna. The men try to block me on what I am trying to get accomplished, it only shows their immature nature, not mine. I listen to my people, there isn't a day goes by that I am not on the streets trying to help.
    Finally everything revolves around the money--You see the end of the tunnel is the money---follow the money and you will see what I see and have known for years-----Mismanagement of public funds has been rampant in Lackawanna for years.
    I call them on it and they try to shut me up by refusing to work with me to get me out of office. Go Figure.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I am sure many of you know psychology, body language, and human nature. I have made many attempts to work with the boys club over the years, way before I got elected---remember I have been at this politics a solid 20 years.
    All I have ever asked City Hall for were neighborhood issues to be fixed. In other words quality of life concerns such as:
    *mow and weed-wack over-grown city properties and get after/help citizens do theirs
    *pave streets
    *Help seniors and our kids
    *repair sidewalks---fill potholes
    *modernize playgrounds
    *take down dead trees, etc.
    All of these type of things are a no-brain-er to me, our city is small and the demographics never change, SO why did our city get so run down?

Folks, we have all worked with, and better yet have family and friends who will never change, do the right thing, or make responsible decisions. Then when you try to discuss what went/is going wrong they turn on you and shut you out by hollering at you till you give up, leave them alone and go off and just do your own thing.
    I got a better one---did you ever lend someone money and they promised to pay you back and didn't? When you ask them about it they turn on you and attack you so you back down and you feel sorry you even asked for it back. Both types of people turn the righteous thing you are attempting to do into a screaming match so they can make you go away. The club has tried to use their gang tactics on me for years, if they would change their macho man behavior we could progress and repair Lackawanna.

The boys club keeps trying to block me, humiliate me, bully me, and scream me down while hiding behind the city attorney. FYI All I am doing is trying to get them to follow our own laws, spend the money on the people/city repairs, and treat EVERYONE fairly.
    The boys club does not like it that I call them out on their corruption and crooked deals,then they refuse to do their job for all of the citizens. Selective self-serving agendas are the "norm" in Lackawanna, part of our history. That old saying "it is not what you know, it is who you ...." is the motto here.
    The slaughter house is a typical example--the boys hid it since last summer because they knew citizens would rebel the location, so here we are again trying to get them to cooperate with the people. City Hall is hiding the truth from the public and refusing to work with me because I tell people the facts about what is going on, I was elected to be their watchdog and I am on guard! I believe pretty much all city hall people knew about the slaughter house operation, the club has gang mentality and are loyal to the club before the people.
    I know very well how to work with people---I would not be where I am today if I did not, I even have real credentials to back up my personal knowledge.

I am in city hall to do my job and I do it, I try to work with them but they refuse to cooperate with me,it is not me--I am doing my duty for the people of the First Ward and the CITY of Lackawanna. The men try to block me on what I am trying to get accomplished, it only shows their immature nature, not mine. I listen to my people, there isn't a day goes by that I am not on the streets trying to help.
    Finally everything revolves around the money--You see the end of the tunnel is the money---follow the money and you will see what I see and have known for years-----Mismanagement of public funds has been rampant in Lackawanna for years.
    I call them on it and they try to shut me up by refusing to work with me to get me out of office. Go Figure.
    Alright Andrea, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. If this is happening, I would consider it discrimination. The purpose of a council is to work as a body to decide on issues for the entire constituency. If one person is being locked out of that process, I would think you'd have a very strong case on hand.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Post Exactly!

Thank You keyboard150. I appreciate what you said. The club black-balled me years ago and never thought I would get elected. They out number me in body and use their negative force against me to block all of the hundreds of progressive plans/ideas/citizen requests I try to do. I am the first woman elected to the Lackawanna Council, remember. Come to a meeting, October 19, next one.
    If all of us like minded people who know how the" haves " use their governmental powers to manipulate the "have-nots" teamed up we could help rid society of some of the greed out there!
    It breaks my heart to see how they use people, give them hope through job promises, and throw them a few parties at election time for a vote.
    I know from first-hand experience how politicians dropped me over the years after I supported them, bought their tickets and campaigned non-stop for them. Many fake people out there.
    When we had our mom and pop store they would never even stop in to buy a gum but they were on the committee to improve business. DUH! It is them that do not get the real life picture of day to day living. People are really hurting financially and many politicians just don't care. They spend mucho money throwing padded jobs to their buddies, hiring flunky friends and family that do not know which end of a screwdriver to use or how to type.
    Our government is full of incompetence and are in to "git theirs"!

OLV has big doings today with the Basilica, I am very happy for them/us.
    On the other hand just over the bridge is a slaughter house being made that is going to pull the image and city into the opposite direction. In Father Baker's time all these non-domesticated animal things were run out of town. I have an article from the 30's where city hall outlawed "swine"-housing pig-pens in Lackawanna limits.
    The beautiful Basilica is going to have round the clock semi-truck loads of live animals passing it if polanski and company pull it off to their satisfaction. Can you hear the mooing and baaaing as the truck sits at the light, with the odors on a 90 degree day?!
    I am not exaggerating, this is a reality planned for Ridge Road---these semi's are considered local delivery and not in the weight limit ban.
    Is a slaughter house the right image for Lackawanna? I am just a facilitator of the people who have come to me for help. I am doing my job to help voice the concerns and opinions of the people.
    Our group has a survey going around, we are taking a democratic approach to the slaughter house. Did you hear polanski say on TV , "What do they want over there?-a Disneyland?"---"They have nothing".
    I want to remind you all that he has been in office since 2000!
    2000-2004 Lackawanna City Council President
    2004-Present, Mayor of the City of Lackawanna 9 years and 10 months!
    And now a slaughter house that was kicked out of Buffalo by 1 man! Come on polanski, I guess this is your legacy to the First Ward-City of Lackawanna. Is this as good as it gets?

Post More to the story, of course.

Back in 2007 billy eagan the EDZ Director did some kind of a dance with the property next to Valero and the adjacent city property. We were to get a mini shopping built by Mr. Pellicano to expand and bring his business to Rt. 5 Lackawanna.
    Come to find out when Pellicano " BUTCHER SHOP " bought the property to build here the city vehemently went after him for the previous owners code violations. He did not even own the property 6 months and the old light pole stuff was from the early 80's when the city knocked down Albright Court.

Instead of working out the situation like gentlemen the city got into a heated p****** match with him (sorry for the term), and Mr. Pellicano pulled his shops and already killed butcher shop plans out. Told us in a news editorial," See ya later Lackawanna".
    We the citizens lost out on a regular meat market and the city has another black eye of a law suit. SHAME.

how are you so sure they didnt know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Why are the other councilmen playing ignorant to Andrea's concerns? Let's see...

Polanski wants this business (for whatever reason)

2nd Ward Guy got a job at the Water Authority through Polanski's connection, the LA Democratic Chairman

Tentacles run deep in LA and everything is usually never like it appears on the surface. We the constituents haven't been represented for over 6 years.
    sounds like cath829 has a new handle....

What do you all have to revert to name calling>?????

this is really helping solve problems....name calling....

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post

Ahh....education again......you are right.....my ASS along with everyone else is on YOUR family's Land......too bad YOUR family deeded it ALL over to US! Who lost there??? Not very samrt businessmen!! I love the land I am sitting on!! If you have such a distaste for people OTHER than Native American......go to YOUR RESERVATION!! I am sitting on MY Buffalo Creek Reservation which I absolutely LOVE. Thank you, Thank you , Thank you!!!! And another thing smart ass.....I was ON my way to work when I typed back to you! The wonderful world of TECHNOLOGY!!!
    You must be a very unhappy person cath829

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    sounds like cath829 has a new handle....

Go back under the rock you just crawled from!

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information