Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Slaughterhouse on Ridge Rd. Lackawanna

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    keyboard150, your name tells me a lot about yourself.
    You are the type to sit in your comfort zone and pound away on your "keyboard" about people, issues,situations, and places that you do not have first hand information on.
    Please meet me today and I will bring you up to date on how and why I take a stand on citizen issues. I would like to give you the opportunity for you to make a determination of my leadership abilities.
    I will meet at your convenience of course, you name the time and place---,my office at Lackawanna City Hall is available.
    I am not trying to start anything with you--I do not care if you keep slamming me, I do not care that my fellow council refuse to work with me because it shows how self-serving they are. It proves they do not care enough about the well-being of the entire First Ward and ALL of the people.

Politicians that keep making side deals for votes makes me sick. Lackawanna deserves better, corruption and mismanagement of public funds have stolen the true image of who we are . A "Steel-City" made strong not only from our past steel making industry but from the strength of the multi-cultures who live side by side and help each other survive day to day living. In other words, OUR people---the real diamond of Lackawanna.

If you want to put me down key, go ahead- I still would like to meet you one on one to discuss why I do what I do. To me it is all about our children, OUR future, OUR legacy.
    Remember 100 years from now it will not matter what kind of house you lived in , what kind of car you drove or how big your bankbook was. All that matters is that if you were important in the life of a child!
    Andrea, I'm not even going to bother to read your entire post, because your ignorance speaks volumes.

If you knew anything, you would know what "keyboard" meant, and I guarantee it has nothing to do with the computer.

If you spent as much time learning how to deal with people as you do matching your clothes, you might be much better off.

You can't sit there and blame the rest of the council for "ignoring" you. Relationships are formed from both sides. You did something to piss these people off, and if you want them to listen to you, you need to figure out how to extend the olive branch.

I agree that the issue should have been discussed, but if you have no support from your fellow council members, you're position isn't exactly useful. If you want to stand up for your constituents, you better learn how to get the support of your peers. You can't just get on tv and sling mud because you didn't get what you want. Figure out what the issue is they have with you, and fix it.
    Then you can start being more successful.
    I'm not putting you down, I'm giving it to you straight. If I have problems at work, it's because I did something to help cause it. Therefore, I try to figure out how to make amends. If I didn't do that, I couldn't be successful at my job.
    Politics is all about learning how to play the people in it, so you can get what you want for your people. Sometimes you might not like that, but it is sometimes necessary.

Be close with your friends, and closer with your enemies.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Andrea, I'm not even going to bother to read your entire post, because your ignorance speaks volumes.

If you knew anything, you would know what "keyboard" meant, and I guarantee it has nothing to do with the computer.

If you spent as much time learning how to deal with people as you do matching your clothes, you might be much better off.

You can't sit there and blame the rest of the council for "ignoring" you. Relationships are formed from both sides. You did something to piss these people off, and if you want them to listen to you, you need to figure out how to extend the olive branch.

I agree that the issue should have been discussed, but if you have no support from your fellow council members, you're position isn't exactly useful. If you want to stand up for your constituents, you better learn how to get the support of your peers. You can't just get on tv and sling mud because you didn't get what you want. Figure out what the issue is they have with you, and fix it.
    Then you can start being more successful.
    I'm not putting you down, I'm giving it to you straight. If I have problems at work, it's because I did something to help cause it. Therefore, I try to figure out how to make amends. If I didn't do that, I couldn't be successful at my job.
    Politics is all about learning how to play the people in it, so you can get what you want for your people. Sometimes you might not like that, but it is sometimes necessary.

Be close with your friends, and closer with your enemies.
    150...You won't read Andrea's post, but you expect her to read yours. I guess you didn't read Cath's either.
    You must really want to eat goat.
    As for your gas bill, I have 2 words for you...auto pay. Look at the piece of paper they send you every month and you will know if it's proper. Before you say you can't do auto pay, you could if you didn't over extend yourself by purchasing a motorcycle on credit rather than saving for it. You have too many "it's not my faults" for it not to be your fault.
    One more thing...personal attacks are childish, picking out her clothes, really?

Cities all over the country are changing their laws about animals being kept within the city limits. There is nothing ridiculous about suggesting the law be appealed. The municipality enacted the law, they can change it. Happens all the time?
    Just happened in Buffalo, actually. Do you read the news?
    We don't want City officials to change laws when it suits their purpose. The point is the City broke it's own law by allowing the slaugherhouse. The point is the City officials once again are being selective about who must obey the law. The point is that the citizens are sick and tired of the corruption from it's City officials. The clowns running Lackawanna continue to do what they do best.......break the law!

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    We don't want City officials to change laws when it suits their purpose. The point is the City broke it's own law by allowing the slaugherhouse. The point is the City officials once again are being selective about who must obey the law. The point is that the citizens are sick and tired of the corruption from it's City officials. The clowns running Lackawanna continue to do what they do best.......break the law!
    I wonder what they will come up with to make sure this business meets the parking requirements it needs for the restaurant? Is there an adjacent property the city could sell to the slaughterhouse for a hundred bucks?

Channel 4 news still has video of the NYC operation that these guys run. They have an indoor goat pen, looked like about 50 goats in there, and a gigantic chicken coop. The comments generated by that story (when they were run out of Buffalo) are the complete opposite of what they are getting from the slaughterhouse being located in Lackawanna story.

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    150...You won't read Andrea's post, but you expect her to read yours. I guess you didn't read Cath's either.
    You must really want to eat goat.
    As for your gas bill, I have 2 words for you...auto pay. Look at the piece of paper they send you every month and you will know if it's proper. Before you say you can't do auto pay, you could if you didn't over extend yourself by purchasing a motorcycle on credit rather than saving for it. You have too many "it's not my faults" for it not to be your fault.
    One more thing...personal attacks are childish, picking out her clothes, really?
    Really? Stick to the topic at hand? That's all you have? You can grow up as well.

I was picking on nothing. I was pointing out a factual observation, which, you have none about me. So, get over it. You're defending someone who isn't even being attacked, you tool.

Thumbs up

What local Chamber of Commerce representatives say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    The laws are being changed out of necessity. People are starting to raise and grow their own food again, and society needs to change to reflect that.

I agree with your points but, I still don't see why you are against a business moving into a seriously depressed area.

All of you people just blatantly ignoring all the points of those that are opposing Andrea, shame on you.

Andrea is a politician. It is our right and our duty as citizens to question everything that a politician does.

Andrea and you guys seem to want to make it personal, and it isnt'. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I may not live in Lackawanna, but it is on my doorstep, therefore, I have a vested interest in what happens there.

Nobody questions why everyone on the council is playing ignorant to Andrea's concerns? That raises a BIG red flag to me. If this business is actually a bad thing for the city, I'd be greatly concerned if someone that was representing me was not being heard by his/her peers, and complained about it instead of doing something about it. So far, all I've seen and heard is Andrea pointing the finger at others.

It is the job of a politician to do what is in the best interest of their constituents. If the business is bad, then she needs to do what she needs to do to convince the council of that. Going on TV and complaining that they don't listen is NOT going to get people to listen, it's going to piss them off more.
    This is a great disservice to the people she represents, and I suggest you all see the reality of the situation. I don't doubt her heart is in the right place, but she needs to get it together and get her peers on board.

I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Trolling my other posts and using them against me, is just pathetic. And desperate, even.

Thumbs up

There's no way a political representative can satisfy needs of all constituests. Have you heard about Special Interest Groups or the meaning of the word -Lobbying?

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    There's no way a political representative can satisfy needs of all constituests. Have you heard about Special Interest Groups or the meaning of the word -Lobbying?
    That has nothing to do with what I said, Zanna.

Thumbs up

It's not easy to be a politician. Presure, constant presure from everywhere.
    Why people want to run for a public office seat and have a title, "public representative." Whose side do they actually respresent?
    Does a public office "Business" has a mission statement?

It's not easy to be a politician. Presure, constant presure from everywhere.
    Why people want to run for a public office seat and have a title, "public representative." Whose side do they actually respresent?
    Does a public office "Business" has a mission statement?
    What does this have to do with the thread?

Wait a minute

Nobody questions why everyone on the council is playing ignorant to Andrea's concerns? That raises a BIG red flag to me. If this business is actually a bad thing for the city, I'd be greatly concerned if someone that was representing me was not being heard by his/her peers, and complained about it instead of doing something about it. So far, all I've seen and heard is Andrea pointing the finger at others.

It is the job of a politician to do what is in the best interest of their constituents. If the business is bad, then she needs to do what she needs to do to convince the council of that. Going on TV and complaining that they don't listen is NOT going to get people to listen, it's going to piss them off more.
    This is a great disservice to the people she represents, and I suggest you all see the reality of the situation. I don't doubt her heart is in the right place, but she needs to get it together and get her peers on board.

I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but sometimes the truth hurts.
    Why are the other councilmen playing ignorant to Andrea's concerns? Let's see...

Polanski wants this business (for whatever reason)

2nd Ward Guy got a job at the Water Authority through Polanski's connection, the LA Democratic Chairman

3rd Ward Guy owes his appointment to the Council to Polanski

Council President has one son and one son-in-law promoted in the police department by Polanski, and he fancies himself as the heir apparent to the Mayor's throne when Polanski leaves, figuring if he plays nice he will inherit his support. How else do you explain that channel 4 toured the building a month ago, Andrea has been bitchin for two months, we have been reading about it on this site for a month and he says "we knew absolutely nothin about this" or words to that effect. Go to WIVB and read what he really said.

The 4th ward guy, well, let's just say that his sister ran against Polanski and he supported Polanski if that gives you any indication of what type of guy he is.

Tentacles run deep in LA and everything is usually never like it appears on the surface. We the constituents haven't been represented for over 6 years.

What local Chamber of Commerce representatives say about it?
    I wouldn't know but Fran Warthling runs the thing so.....

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information