Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Village Dpw and town highway storm troopers come through again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Village Dpw and town highway storm troopers come through again

THANK YOU to all the town and village Dpw and highway workers for enduring sleepless nights and long days making every effort to ensure our safety by keeping our streets open in case of emergencies. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    I heard that the Lancaster volunteer firemen worked endlessly throughout the storm for its residents - a valiant crew!
    I can attest to that. They were in our community several times clearing out furnace exhaust pipes to get furnaces running again, and knocking on doors to ensure everyone was safe as we did not get plowed out until Friday.

Thank God for the volunteers, firefighter and otherwise, for all they've done. And what about the volunteer firefighters from all over who came to WNY to lend a hand. And thanks to their employers and co-workers who covered for them and allowed them to leave their "day jobs" to come here and help us. It all flows down the line so thanks to all of them.

Bravo
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I have been impressed with our first responders, they did an outstanding job. The police where available to take residents to the hospital and any other emergency needed for that moment. I applaud them all, thank you!

I thought the town highway department did an excellent job. I was really impressed when I saw the plow guys pulling their truck over and getting out and pushing vehicles stuck on the side of the road in my area before commencing to plow.

Georgia L Schlager

On my part - unless I missed it - it was not stated Supervisor Fudoli said he'd pay half out of his own personal funds - hence impression of tax dollars being spent !

Personally I don't care how much they made as long as they earned it - good for them.

Many people lost money and shoveled their own drive ways. The impression was given that this could open the door for covering favors. Glad the Supervisor straightened that out.

Now, if the Union would allow Parks Employees to cross train with the Highway guys - !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wehner View Post
    THANK YOU to all the town and village Dpw and highway workers for enduring sleepless nights and long days making every effort to ensure our safety by keeping our streets open in case of emergencies. Thanks again
    Good post Mike. It is now time to dispel a few of the bad rumors going around.

Highway Superintendent Dan Amatura is being wrongfully accused of having town equipment plow his driveway during the storm. Mr. Amatura left the town board meeting early Monday night to respond to police calls coming in saying the roads were in need of clearing. He didn’t return home for some time, returned to work walking through the snow in his driveway, was picked up by another town employee and returned to work. His driveway was cleared by a snow removal company that he also privately contracts to clear his business property.

Mr. Amatura also approached Supervisor Fudoli on the town clearing out the driveway of highway department workers that spent three nights on the job and never made it home to clear their own driveways. When Fudoli told Amatura that it would not be appropriate for the town to pick up such costs, Amatura told Fudoli he would contract and pay for the services himself. Fudoli then offered to split the charges with Amatura; Amatura the Democrat and Fudoli the Republican, not that’s the kind of collaboration the taxpayers expect to see.

Sometimes the other side of the story never gets told.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Good post Mike. It is now time to dispel a few of the bad rumors going around.

Highway Superintendent Dan Amatura is being wrongfully accused of having town equipment plow his driveway during the storm. Mr. Amatura left the town board meeting early Monday night to respond to police calls coming in saying the roads were in need of clearing. He didn’t return home for some time, returned to work walking through the snow in his driveway, was picked up by another town employee and returned to work. His driveway was cleared by a snow removal company that he also privately contracts to clear his business property.

Lee, thank you for setting the record straight. As resident, I have no problem spending the money to plow out highway workers during an emergency. After all, if they are unable to get to work to take care of plowing our streets, we suffer.
    Job we

!Mr. Amatura also approached Supervisor Fudoli on the town clearing out the driveway of highway department workers that spent three nights on the job and never made it home to clear their own driveways. When Fudoli told Amatura that it would not be appropriate for the town to pick up such costs, Amatura told Fudoli he would contract and pay for the services himself. Fudoli then offered to split the charges with Amatura; Amatura the Democrat and Fudoli the Republican, not that’s the kind of collaboration the taxpayers expect to see.

Sometimes the other side of the story never gets told.
    Lee, thank you so much for setting the record straight.
    As a resident, I have no problem whatsoever paying to have town highway workers plowed out during an emergency. After all, if they are unable to get to work, the rest of us suffer.
    Thank you Dan Amatura and employees for a job well done!!!

Thumbs up

As has been said many times by many people - its not the "workers" we need to worry about.

The volunteers also work countless hours and should be recognized and applauded.

Many of them are over shadowed by the Politics.

Since my job required it, I spent a great deal of time travelling during the storm event. From Depew Police to Lancaster DPW to West Seneca Firemen and every responder in between, their efforts were astonishing and they deserve every accolade. Forget the guys giving press conferences; our guys on the street were getting it done.

Thank you all and have a much deserved happy and healthy holiday season!

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Mr. Amatura also approached Supervisor Fudoli on the town clearing out the driveway of highway department workers that spent three nights on the job and never made it home to clear their own driveways. When Fudoli told Amatura that it would not be appropriate for the town to pick up such costs, Amatura told Fudoli he would contract and pay for the services himself. Fudoli then offered to split the charges with Amatura; Amatura the Democrat and Fudoli the Republican, not that’s the kind of collaboration the taxpayers expect to see.

Thank you Superintendent Amatura for asking not doing and asking later. Thank you Supervisor Fudoli for not wavering. What a great gesture for the two of them to pay for the driveway clearing of their employees who just made mega bucks in overtime.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Thank you Superintendent Amatura for asking not doing and asking later. Thank you Supervisor Fudoli for not wavering. What a great gesture for the two of them to pay for the driveway clearing of their employees who just made mega bucks in overtime.
    It didn't cost the taxpayers one dime and that's the bottom line for me.

Had they not been on the job making those mega bucks we would not have had our streets cleared and the a-holes that drove through the ban for no good reason would not have had the opportunity.

And lastly, everyone would be complaining "where are the plows?"

HAPPY THANSGIVING TO ALL

I can see it now - he was on call - he works for the department that clears the road - he needed to remain at his post - they would have never gotten to work on time - the guy who picked him up would never have gotten to him - his town vehicle was stuck in his driveway -

So we plowed them out - we either do or we don't - it did cost tax payers more than a dime - but its only a dime right Lee ?

Happy Thanks Giving -
    how ones feels about the spending of tax dollars/politics - has no bearing on their families Thanks Giving. - At least it shouldn't ! - was that like a guilt shot ?

But wasn't Amatura talking about clearing their driveways after the streets were plowed out not before the guys started their tour of duty. I could see plowing them out so they could go to work clearing the streets but not after the fact.

Happy Thanksgiving

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information