Thread: ‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’ Would Have Killed Obamacare

‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’ Would Have Killed Obamacare

Obamacare Architect: Lack of Transparency Was Key Because ‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’ Would Have Killed Obamacare

Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting Obamacare passed because “the stupidity of the American voter” would have killed the law if more people knew what was in it.

Gruber, the MIT professor who served as a technical consultant to the Obama administration during Obamacare’s design, also made clear during a panel quietly captured on video that the individual mandate, which was only upheld by the Supreme Court because it was a tax, was not actually a tax.

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that. In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed… Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass… Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

Article by Patrick Howley
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

"We must pass the bill to know whats in it"
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Here is what I know. Without the ACA, I would be paying about $2500 a month for family health. Since the ACA, I am able to get the same insurance for $1500. I am planning on shopping again this year and may be able to take a slightly lower plan, somewhere around $800 to $1000 a month thorough the exchange.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Here is what I know. Without the ACA, I would be paying about $2500 a month for family health. Since the ACA, I am able to get the same insurance for $1500. I am planning on shopping again this year and may be able to take a slightly lower plan, somewhere around $800 to $1000 a month thorough the exchange.
    Here is what I know. With the ACA I am paying more for health care. I had my original plan canceled, the new plan doesn't cover my doctor and my deductibles are far higher.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Here is what I know. With the ACA I am paying more for health care. I had my original plan canceled, the new plan doesn't cover my doctor and my deductibles are far higher.
    Maybe I have asked you before, are you still getting insurance through your chamber or did you look on the exchange?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Far as I know the exchange was looked into along with what plans the chamber had to offer. I am not the only one this has happened to. I do know that for the first time I can remember our next quarterly rate dropped a little. Still higher than what we were paying before ACA, the deductables are still far higher and my doctor isn't in the current plan. I'll pay cash next visit. I had the same doctor for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Far as I know the exchange was looked into along with what plans the chamber had to offer. I am not the only one this has happened to. I do know that for the first time I can remember our next quarterly rate dropped a little. Still higher than what we were paying before ACA, the deductables are still far higher and my doctor isn't in the current plan. I'll pay cash next visit. I had the same doctor for a long time.
    No, my question was have you looked at the exchange? You don't have to get health through the chamber.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes my partner compared rates between the exchange and chamber. She is pretty on the ball with that stuff. Our income is just over the limit where we can get a subsidy towards it.

The REAL stupidity of the American Voter is passing the Liberal Items like raising minimum wage, legalizing medical marijuana, etc across the board, the electing the very people, across the board, that will block those items.....

As for the ACA, I'll be shocked if much, or any of it, gets repealed
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Controversial economist Gruber has earned millions from taxpayers at federal, state levels

“My job was just to see if the numbers added up,” Dr. Jonathan Gruber, the controversial architect of ObamaCare, told PBS two years ago.

And add up the numbers did – at least in terms of Gruber’s consulting fees. A Fox News review of state and federal websites, as well as published reports, finds the MIT economist and his firm have secured millions in federal and state contracts stretching back over the last fifteen years.

Most famously, the Department of Health and Human Services retained Gruber in March 2009 to produce, as the contract stipulated, “a series of technical memoranda on the estimated changes in health insurance coverage and associated costs and impacts to the government under alternative specifications of health system reform.”

That contract netted Gruber $95,000, and an additional HHS contract, inked that June, added $297,600 to the deal – steering almost $400,000 to the creator of the Gruber Microsimulation Model. Still another contract with the agency, as reported here, was said to have exceeded $2 million in value since 2007.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...rs-at-federal/

My 2015 insurance premium goes up by $10/mo but the annual max out of pocket drops to $1000 (from $2500 for 2014). If I had had this new plan for 2014 I would have saved $1,380 (1500 lower max out of pocket less the additional $120 premium). I reached the 2500 out of pocket max in August this year. Will probably hit the 1000 out of pocket max by March of 2015.

Thread Information