Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No we don't need a new "Law Building"

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Town isn't growing correct?

Public is broke. Set some examples of curbing over time, remove the political influence some employees have and then maybe we'll think about it.

If your going to expand why not one of those inexpensive steel frame buildings. Go as cheaply as possible.

If you can guarantee property taxes will not GO UP ONE penny with the new build fine but who here see's that happening?
    yep your right it has decreased every year for the past 4 years.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    WoW Rez, you're on a roll.

Have you ever been in the police/court building?
    That building needs to be knocked down and start from scratch. it was obsolete the day they built it in 1964. there have been many stories on the mold issues over the years in the police building. so how much $$$$ has the town wasted in the repaires of that building over the years? the town can't even get rid of the eye sore on union road the old INCINERATOR or that blue trailer next to it.
    Last edited by cheekman; September 1st, 2009 at 12:14 PM.

All summer I took my kids swimming at the town park pool. In the park is a long white trailer sitting in the parking lot, what an eye sore. If the town owns that thing they should be ashamed they do it looks like it's ready for the junk yard. Does the town own this, anyone know? Next time I go by I'll take a pic and post it here. What does this town do with all this tax money?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    All summer I took my kids swimming at the town park pool. In the park is a long white trailer sitting in the parking lot, what an eye sore. If the town owns that thing they should be ashamed they do it looks like it's ready for the junk yard. Does the town own this, anyone know? Next time I go by I'll take a pic and post it here. What does this town do with all this tax money?
    that my friend is the mobile...... cheektowag police command post. i don't know to much about the mobile part anymore maybe that 's why it's there. that is a real beauty! Your taxes at work.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    that my friend is the mobile...... cheektowag police command post. i don't know to much about the mobile part anymore maybe that 's why it's there. that is a real beauty! Your taxes at work.
    I wonder how much money is sitting there. Whether it's federal money or our own property tax money I wonder how much was spent on that project.

I asked someone who posted here what was the dog pound budget and they never responded. I wonder how much in WHOLE is budgeted for that department.

res , you mean $$$ on the police building or the junk trailer that is sittting in the park? the trailer is worth nothing now.

Cheektowaga says they want to fix up the ratty old police bldg...complain about the cost.

Cheektowaga has a ratty old command trailer....complain about the rattiness.

If CPD spent the money on a new command trailer....someone would complain about the expendature of $$$.

And Im sure someone here would complain about the cost of tearing down the old incenerator bldg too....

WTF???

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    res , you mean $$$ on the police building or the junk trailer that is sittting in the park? the trailer is worth nothing now.

What ever was spent on the process of purchasing the trailer which is worth nothing now as you put it. I really don't even know which trailer your speaking about though

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What ever was spent on the process of purchasing the trailer which is worth nothing now as you put it. I really don't even know which trailer your speaking about though
    post 18, 19, drive through the park! money i don't think the town has put any money into it the way it looks. i think it use to sit on the campus on union road.

Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Cheektowaga says they want to fix up the ratty old police bldg...complain about the cost.

If CPD spent the money on a new command trailer....someone would complain about the expendature of $$$.

And Im sure someone here would complain about the cost of tearing down the old incenerator bldg too....

WTF???
    true...... but clean up the mess and stop wasting tax money on blueberries

That building needs to be knocked down and start from scratch. it was obsolete the day they built it in 1964. there have been many stories on the mold issues over the years in the police building. so how much $$$$ has the town wasted in the repaires of that building over the years? the town can't even get rid of the eye sore on union road the old INCINERATOR or that blue trailer next to it.
    Anybody against doing something about the police bldg hasnt been in it.

Mold and the sound of running water INSIDE every time it rains. I have heard of incidents of SEWAGE backing up into the downstairs floors. Power and phone outages. Prisoners making escape attempts because they have to be walked from one end of the bldg to the other. The people killed in that Atlanta courtroom a few years ago is proof of the danger in that. Every modern court has the prisoner holding area adjacent to the court room. And walking criminals past victims through a crowded lobby? I've seen some news shots of CPD cops perp walking people to court through there. Thats a recipe for disaster.

Id place cash money on CPD probably being right behind BPD as being the busiest law enforcement jurisdiction in WNY, but they work out of a crapbox. Anybody ever been in Amhersts PD? Im not saying they need a taj majhal like THAT, but they need something better than what they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post

WTF???
    Some people just like to complain about EVERYTHING. Always have, always will. It should be about necessity first and foremost. If you need something, you need something. It then becomes a matter of how you solve that problem.

post 18, 19, drive through the park! money i don't think the town has put any money into it the way it looks. i think it use to sit on the campus on union road.
    I think the coppers use that as a command post at big events in the park now. They were set up there this 4th of July.

Its a case of "you get what you pay for" in my opinion. Don't want to pay for a new trailer than you get that one.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    THey probably could use a new building but from hearing the crap we hear over the years taints the idea. We hear about the over time abuse (games) and well ... you want over and wanna play games you gonna work in a pit

Or here about how many "related" and "politically" connected employees there are well, it taints it, and your gonna work in a pit...and so on.

Also, 15,000,000 bucks... go look at a steel frame cheap build out and put everyone in cubicles.. We don't need to over engineer and piss money away anymore. The is not growing.

There are still a lot of vacant buildings up and down union road. Why not just rent one from benderson or who ever owns it and move the town functions there?

Here's an idea...

Want a new building lets make some trades...

First we want all life time health insurance for town board members gone... If your already retired and get it fine... but from this time forward there will be NO life time bene's for any town board member ever.

Charley M? DO you hear me ?

Get the resolution started to remove health insurance from town board members. WHat are you waiting for?

If you are a "part time" politician who could get health benes from your "full time" employer, you shouldnt be getting gvt. supplied benes. I can agree with that.

I dont think that you place people at risk, the public in the courts or the employees exposed to mold, just because you are pissed at OT, political patronage etc. What is needed...is needed. Deal with the other stuff on its own merits.

As to building on the cheap..thats a short term solution. In a number of years THAT becomes an issue AGAIN. I say go middle of the road. Expensive enough to last, but not pumped full of needless luxuries. As to renting other bldgs, they are not going to be any better layout wise "as is" for police/court functions and would require more $ to re-tool anyway. And I dont think that Benderson style buildings are WAY cheaper to build from scratch either.
    Last edited by crabbyapple; September 3rd, 2009 at 07:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information