Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Council Race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lackawanna Council Race

There was a question asked as to why Mr. Minniefield left his job at the charter school on the ChangeLackawanna forum some time ago. After questioning people about it, I was amazed to find out that a private citizen had donated $ for the playground and supposedly Minniefield did something with that donation. Also, they raised a question about a swap for a cadillac that Minniefield is driving. Is anyone aware of this? Does anyone know what really went on??

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    There was a question asked as to why Mr. Minniefield left his job at the charter school on the ChangeLackawanna forum some time ago. After questioning people about it, I was amazed to find out that a private citizen had donated $ for the playground and supposedly Minniefield did something with that donation. Also, they raised a question about a swap for a cadillac that Minniefield is driving. Is anyone aware of this? Does anyone know what really went on??
    Not a clue. If that is how he conducts himself, we don't want him in council.

One thing about Lackawanna is its all about the money....Time for a change need to keep party leaders out of it.

We have an important election coming up. I still haven't heard very much about the 2nd ward candidates.

If I lived in the 2nd ward, my choice would be either Jack Kwas or Tim Blarr.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    If I lived in the 2nd ward, my choice would be either Jack Kwas or Tim Blarr.
    No doubt, but which one? Would you say one is as good as the other? I'm looking for information about them. I'd like to make a good choice.

cath829-----no personal attacks...now you are attacking Minniefields character....grow up.

Thank you for al the laughs today Toms. I appreciate them.....keep them coming!

It isn't personal if it's true we need to be informed.

Nobody can argue Andrea's passion. Heart of Gold. What gets to me is the fact that out of the 1000 or so citizens who live in the first ward only about 100 voted for her. Thats a statement all in its own. I was surprised at those numbers, whose to blame? Not city hall, I wish her the best.

Wink " A " Train

Thank You for reading between the lines SunnyLA, I appreciate your kindness, hindsight and foresight!
    You see I understand human nature and watch from the sidelines how people love to jump on a band wagon, often without researching the facts when they take a position. This is why people are led so easily, and few are leader material. Fair weather fans in sports is a good example, when their team is winning all are on board, and when they are not they are "bums" as we have all heard the fans on Monday morning.
    You see the citizens are going on hearsay and fed lies from the city hall goon squad they easily fall right into their trap to go against me. Some jumped ship and hopped on the negative band wagon, without knowing all the facts about what I have been doing/trying to do since elected. Also for the past 20 years as a community activist. I know I have a long road ahead of me/us. I understand.

I have been picked to fight out the corruption and I am doing just that, I trust that God is leading my/our band wagon.
    Thanks again, hang in there believers. Lackawanna has "lacked": too much the first 100 years----we have no where else to go but up!
    Get on Board the " A " Train--we are full steam ahead,destination City Hall! Many are called --few are chosen, I take the challenge head-on and will not stop until the good people of Lackawanna take their city back from the crookedness that has caused the decay of our neighborhoods!
    Ironically the people that call us back o' the bridge do not even know that they are the ones behind us, we are the bridge is the only way we can all come together-it bridges all our people into one city

Thumbs up

New updates from the Erie County Board of Election: http://www.erieboe.com/content.aspx?id=115

Thumbs up Did you know?

Did you know?

Communications from the Mayor:

Lincoln School – Community Center

To: City Council

I request the Council direct the City to advertise for a consultant to assist the First Ward in turning the old Lincoln School into a community center. This will be the first step on a long road to turning this building into a positive plus for Lackawanna .

I have met with the 1 st Ward Housing Steering Committee and we are in the process of forming a committee for this building. The city will be represented by the Council President, First Ward Council Member and the Mayor.

MAYOR NORMAN L. POLANSKI JR.

Moved by Haxton, seconded by Szymanski to grant request.

Nays: Haxton, Szymanski Yeas: Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski Failed 3-2

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who's gonna pay to heat, repair and man a community center?

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Did you know?

Communications from the Mayor:

Lincoln School – Community Center

To: City Council

I request the Council direct the City to advertise for a consultant to assist the First Ward in turning the old Lincoln School into a community center. This will be the first step on a long road to turning this building into a positive plus for Lackawanna .

I have met with the 1 st Ward Housing Steering Committee and we are in the process of forming a committee for this building. The city will be represented by the Council President, First Ward Council Member and the Mayor.

MAYOR NORMAN L. POLANSKI JR.

Moved by Haxton, seconded by Szymanski to grant request.

Nays: Haxton, Szymanski Yeas: Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski Failed 3-2
    Cath,

I know that the Mayor brought this to the table BUT is this correct that the Nays were Haxton & Szymnanski? It failed with three no votes but according to this the three were yeas. Am I not understanding this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information