Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Council Race

Thumbs up Did you know?

Did you know?

Communications from the Mayor:

Lincoln School – Community Center

To: City Council

I request the Council direct the City to advertise for a consultant to assist the First Ward in turning the old Lincoln School into a community center. This will be the first step on a long road to turning this building into a positive plus for Lackawanna .

I have met with the 1 st Ward Housing Steering Committee and we are in the process of forming a committee for this building. The city will be represented by the Council President, First Ward Council Member and the Mayor.

MAYOR NORMAN L. POLANSKI JR.

Moved by Haxton, seconded by Szymanski to grant request.

Nays: Haxton, Szymanski Yeas: Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski Failed 3-2

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who's gonna pay to heat, repair and man a community center?

Thumbs up

Who's taking care of the Senior Citizen Center?

Unhappy

Zanna,

I am confused....Haxton & Szymanski were "Nays?" That cannot be right. They brought it to the table-why would they vote NO.

Is this a typo??????????????

WOW!!! I absolutely love the idea and boy could this community benefit from one....too bad

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Zanna,

I am confused....Haxton & Szymanski were "Nays?" That cannot be right. They brought it to the table-why would they vote NO.

Is this a typo??????????????

WOW!!! I absolutely love the idea and boy could this community benefit from one....too bad
    __________________________________________________ _________

The mayor brought it to the table. Communication from the mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Did you know?

Communications from the Mayor:

Lincoln School – Community Center

To: City Council

I request the Council direct the City to advertise for a consultant to assist the First Ward in turning the old Lincoln School into a community center. This will be the first step on a long road to turning this building into a positive plus for Lackawanna .

I have met with the 1 st Ward Housing Steering Committee and we are in the process of forming a committee for this building. The city will be represented by the Council President, First Ward Council Member and the Mayor.

MAYOR NORMAN L. POLANSKI JR.

Moved by Haxton, seconded by Szymanski to grant request.

Nays: Haxton, Szymanski Yeas: Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski Failed 3-2
    Cath,

I know that the Mayor brought this to the table BUT is this correct that the Nays were Haxton & Szymnanski? It failed with three no votes but according to this the three were yeas. Am I not understanding this?

Nays: Haxton, Szymanski Yeas: Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski Failed 3-2[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense failing given 3 yes and 2 no unless on the question it was to NOT accept the request................

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Nays: Haxton, Szymanski Yeas: Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski Failed 3-2[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense failing given 3 yes and 2 no unless on the question it was to NOT accept the request................

As to the typo.....you would have to direct that to the City Clerk or the Council Clerk. The minutes are usually typed by the City Clerk, certifications to the minutes are usually typed by the Council Clerk. Hope that helps.

So it passed? That means we will be paying for a consultant and the cost of advertising for one.

Post It was all a ploy!

Motion by Geoff and I to pass request by mayor for a consultant to inspect and report on Lincoln School on Dona Street. Rest of council voted NO, Moved to receive and file which means shelving it--Geoff and I voted NO. Secretary/clerk did a dance with recording the way the vote went down.

No consultant will be hired----it all was a ploy to make it look good that normie was attempting to help the Pastors and citizen group get Lincoln for a community center. If norman really wanted to he would have just spent the money as he has done numerous times without the council for a consultant. And he spends MEGA MONEY on them! He brings them in under the guise of a "Service Contract" so he skirts around our Procurement Policy and breaks the city laws legally.

Post Facts!

Andrea Haxton

Lackawanna, NY 14218

Career Objective: To work in a high paced management setting

Education:

Bachelor of Science Degree
    Food Systems Management
    Buffalo State College GPA: 3.48

Associate Degree in Applied Science
    Erie Community College North Campus
    Dietetic Technology with Distinction

Immaculata High School Academy
    Hamburg, NY

Experience:

2006- Present: Lackawanna City Council Member
    Lackawanna, NY

1998-2007: Owner A&E Goods
    297 Ridge Road
    Lackawanna, NY

1994 – 2002: Nutritionist
    Erie County WIC Program

1990 – 1994: Assistant Food Service Director
    Garden Gate Manor
    Cheektowaga, NY
    1978-1989 Insurance Billing Clerk/Dietetic Technician
    Our Lady of Victory Hospital

I just received a flyer at my house from my opponent William M. who has been my neighbor for over 20 years. Many of us neighbors do NOT know anything about you and have asked me to ask YOU to explain yourself. I have some questions for you Mr. M. because your flyer was extremely vague concerning your work history and degrees. Sidenote:
    For years I waved at you when I saw you to be neighborly but you NEVER waved back. In fact at YOUR backyard to backyard neighbor's wake that you did not attend, another neighbor lady asked me why you just started waving to her? People notice these things, .....

Please clarify the following statements:

William J M. educational "backround" includes the following:
    BS, Health Sciences
    BS, Special Health Studies
    BS, PSYCHOLOGY
    MS, Multidisciplinary Studies and Research
    Dr., Health Education & Health Policy 2010

That is all that is written-----??????

What year were these all attained? What schools did you go to?

I see NO work history or experience......?Please explain how you supported your family.

Just the facts ---dates----places....Thank You, Andrea

p.s. I would have loved the opportunity to go head to head with you at the debate last week to discuss our credentials and who we know. I have worked with the LCDC for well over 20 years and brought the ORIGINAL Architect in to save Friendship House from the wrecking ball last month.

Now before you blog police start slamming me for this post I need you to realize that I mean NO offense to my opponent(s)---these are honest statements and questions that the public must know the answers to about a candidate.
    I worked hard all my life and am extremely proud of my academic achievements! All adds to who I am and who I am not. Just the facts.

Post Facts!

To Mr. Abdulsalam N., my other opponent,
    Why did you say you would attend the public debate last week and then not show up?

I do not really know what you do at the school---can you please discuss this with us?
    How many years have you been a Democratic Party committeeman?---

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    To Mr. Abdulsalam N., my other opponent,
    Why did you say you would attend the public debate last week and then not show up?

I do not really know what you do at the school---can you please discuss this with us?
    How many years have you been a Democratic Party committeeman?---
    To Ms. Haxton, my councilwoman, Please tell me what you have done for the citizens of the first ward since taking office. Please dont blame anyone else for not allowing you to achieve something good for the first ward. Tell me the things you were able to do. Thank you Ms.Haxton

Quote Originally Posted by la_rez View Post
    To Ms. Haxton, my councilwoman, Please tell me what you have done for the citizens of the first ward since taking office. Please dont blame anyone else for not allowing you to achieve something good for the first ward. Tell me the things you were able to do. Thank you Ms.Haxton
    Have you ever been to a council meeting? If you haven't let me tell you something the meetings that I have been to are like a circus. Ms. Haxton puts something on the agenda for the 1st ward and if the all mighty council president Mr. Jaworski don't like it he tells her to shut up and has even sworn at her. I find this very disrespectful. Ms. Haxton brings up honest questions about where the money in the budget goes and the good ole boys won't even listen to her they just shut her down. She works hard to get them to listen but they never budge. Don't let them boys fool you they are sneaky and sly and they haven't got into trouble yet because they have not been caught. But give it time eventually the KING will fall. All I can say is @ least she is trying to bring things to the table unlike her fellow council members Mr. Kulczyk and Mr. Schiavi who rarely bring anything to the table for their wards and sit with their heads bowed during a meeting unless they are voting.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Have you ever been to a council meeting? If you haven't let me tell you something the meetings that I have been to are like a circus. Ms. Haxton puts something on the agenda for the 1st ward and if the all mighty council president Mr. Jaworski don't like it he tells her to shut up and has even sworn at her. I find this very disrespectful. Ms. Haxton brings up honest questions about where the money in the budget goes and the good ole boys won't even listen to her they just shut her down. She works hard to get them to listen but they never budge. Don't let them boys fool you they are sneaky and sly and they haven't got into trouble yet because they have not been caught. But give it time eventually the KING will fall. All I can say is @ least she is trying to bring things to the table unlike her fellow council members Mr. Kulczyk and Mr. Schiavi who rarely bring anything to the table for their wards and sit with their heads bowed during a meeting unless they are voting.
    I can totally respect the fact that she tries, but the bottom line is she cant get anything done. Do we really want her in office for another 4 years just to hear her complain about the good ol boys all over again. I sure dont. But good luck to her

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information