Well as most know one of my favorite past-times is my family history. I have been at a dead end on my great-great-grandfather Michael Corbett ( b. abt 1822, Ireland - abt 1879 Buffalo, NY). From electronic indexes his parents appear to be Patrick Corbett and Johanna Buckley. He married his second wife (my great-great-grandmother) Mary McCarthy in 1873 at Saint Joseph's Church in Buffalo, NY.

His first wife was named Mary as well but I have not been able to learn her maiden name. I have been hoping to learn her maiden name in order to hopefully trace back where they met and married in an attempt to get around this dead end. the first record I can find of Michael Corbett is in the 1860 census here in Buffalo. At the time he was still with his first wife who it is presumed to have died shortly after 1870 and his second wife Mary McCarthy was listed in the household as well.

So far I have the following:

Michael Corbett ( 1822 Ireland - 1879 Buffalo, NY) was married to Mary ???? ( 1828 Ireland - abt 1870 Buffalo, NY) and they had the following children:

Dennis James Corbett ( b 1850 New York - 1931 Buffalo, NY) - never married
Mary Corbett (b 1853 New York - 1905 Buffalo, NY) never maried at the time of her passing she was the Mother Superior of the Sisters of Mercy.
Nellie A. Corbett (b 1857 New York - 1910 Buffalo, NY) never married
Michael Corbett ( b 1859 New York - ????)
Catherine Corbett ( b 1863 Buffalo, NY - 1927 Buffalo, NY ) married James B. Shanley ( b 1863 New York - 1936 Buffalo, NY)

Michael Corbett was then married to Mary McCarthy ( b 1842 (1860 Census says Mass. but thereafter they say NY) - 1913 Buffalo, NY) her parents are listed as Jeremiah McCarthy and Margaret O'Brien. they had the following Children:

James Joseph Corbett ( b 1874 Buffalo - d 1923 Washington State) no known wife
Alice Gertude Corbett ( b 1879 Buffalo - d 1918 Buffalo) married to Patrick J. Green (my great-grand-parents)

I just received the death certificate for Catherine (Corbett) Shanley and it lists her mother as unknown.

Any suggestions, leads, inquiries or information would be greatly appreciated.

Dan