Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Loepere St. Scam

moonshine

Another Loepere St. Scam

http://geocities.com/s_wms2000/fsbo2

Basically this guy is trying to sell a "handyman" special on loepere for $3,500 down and $500 per month for 5 years. In other words, he's looking for a sucker willing to pay $33,500 for a fixer-upper on loepere!

Who will be the greater fool?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can anyone get some photo's of this house so we can see what they are trying to sell?

This isn't even a "fixer up". It has no electric service, no water service, no furnace(s) and no hot water tank(s). Having fuses means that the wiring has probably not been seriously upgraded in at least 40 years, and maybe longer!

Even in a better neighborhood, you run don't walk away from this house!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

moonshine
    Can anyone get some photo's of this house so we can see what they are trying to sell?
    If I have time tomorrow I'll drive over and snap some pics.

I'm not 100% sure whether or not it constitutes a scam, but I still have nothing but contempt for anyone who does this long distance.

This guy is from CT.

Email him, and tell him not to **** with your city

s_wms2000@yahoo.com

Hello!!!!

Yes. This is the person you all are badgering about 62 Loepere Street.
    How is everyone. Let me introduce myself.
    THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG ONE.

My name is Sybil Thomas, currently, I reside in CT. I was planning to move to Buffalo upon receiving the house. It's really no one's busness how I actually got the house, but, I was totally unprepared for it. It had tenants or squatters during the transition of acquiring the property. Everything was there. Furnaces etc, but when the squatters were removed, I guess they took what they could for scrap. But, it's not as bad as it sounds. They did however, take the furnaces, I guess they do that for money. Anyway, before all that, I was told by the person who was "keeping" an eye on the house for me, that the squatters were jacking the electricity illegally. I called the Buffalo police and the light company, told them the problem, and they shut off the electric via the pole to insure no jackin would take place. I then had someone else that resides in Buffalo to go to the house to give me a description of what was needed. I received the list. I said...OK. I can handle that. I got all the estimates for the and supplies. I really didn't need anyone to do the work, because my boyfriend at the time (14 years) is an expert at home repair.
    I proceeded to get the supplies needed. In Feb we took a 9 hour drive into Buffalo to actually see the house. 2 weeks prior, I had sent (mailed) the person "keeping an eye on the house" $100 to go in and clean (sweep) and place the trash in bags.
    When we arrived at 8AM, nothing was sweeped. The house was a mess with trash and garbage. Me and my boyfriend cleaned the whole house, from the basement to the attic.

The house was spotless. We took down all the dropped ceilings becasue I wanted the high ceilings.
    We took up almost all the carpeting and linoleum, and found there were hardwood floors thru-out the house. The attic is beautiful, therefore, my friend in Buffalo was right. I did have a diamond in the rough. I was very excited about the house. Just couldn't wait to get to buffalo to start everything.
    I packed up all my stuff and placed it in storage here in CT. My plans were to fix the house floor my floor, and then go back to get my kids and furniture.

I even started advertising for engineers for my studio, because I was planning on leaving the mastering studio here in CT, and was going to build a post production studio in Buffalo and open the management service. I even applied for my business license and TIN #

Since then, me and my boyfriend broke up, my mom doesn't want me to leave, although I was going to bring her with me, but she didn't want to go to Buffalo either. She's hooked on Jai Lai. My sons were complaining about leaving to Buffalo where it's cold.

So...after a bunch drama for 3 weeks, braking up with my boyfriend, I decided to stay here.
    Besides, now that I'm not with my ex, I don't have anyone to do the work for me. I am eligble for a loan in June, but whatever happens..happens
    So I am selling the house. And when I do, I'll get another house. But here's what I would like to say to all of you.

I really should not have to explain anything to anyone. This is a free country for you and I to voice our own opinions. But when it turns to badgering, and banning then it starts crossing another line.
    I was banned without even doing anything or saying anything in this forum. Certain members chose to first, think I was a dude, then think I was scamming. No, I'm not scamming anyone, although I do need to look out for myself, because I'm the only one who will.
    But I also thought I could help someone who could not get a conventional loan, but at the same time help them obtain property.

This property was given to me to help me better my circumstances.
    And I am going to continue to sell my house, but with the terms I have the right for.

And yes. I have researched the current sales. If you really notice, the houses near mine have been sold for what I am selling my house for. The person that started this post, I guess didn't read the site with total understanding. It states 'YOU WILL BE PUCHASING THIS HOUSE FOR $25,000"
    "All interest included!"

If you know it or not, there is a lot of people buying property on that street.
    The houses very near mine sold recently for 25,000 - 20,000, 21 000. 61 Loepere recently sold for 25, 250. My house is 62
    When I was there cleaning my house out, I met three new home owners, who were actually trying to convince me to keep the house because in several years, they stated the market there is going to go way up.

I met a cop and he said the area used to be bad, but it's all cleaned up, and the market value should be going up soon.

You need to mind your own business. The utilities are off because no one lives there. Who the hell said I have fuse boxes. I have circuit breakers. The boxes are in excellent condition updated and brand new, inside and out. The water is off because it's not needed.

You all need to mind and attend your own business!!! Use that energy to welcome people to Buffalo, If everyone reacts the way you all do...then it's a deterent for anyone to want to make a home in YOUR city.

I did notice something when I spent the day there. There are hardly any people. I looked at it 2 ways. It's quiet, but I asked myself how come??

In reading many Buffalo posts, it seems that many Buffalo residents down the city. If you deter people from coming in, the are no people, with no people, there's no ecomomy. with no economy, there is no resources, no resources...no people!!!

Why not try something different.

NOW TO THE POSTER OF THIS TOPIC!!

What the hell is your problem??? Same ole same ole. A person trying to keep another person down. The crab in the basket crap!!!! Is that what WNY is all about?? I wanted to fix my house myself and move my kids there. I’m a single parent…If there are people narrow nosed like you, who devote their time to blackballing people they don’t even know, then I’m good.

From a black woman to a black man.

I have the right to sell whatever I own at whatever price I feel I may want to sell it for. The house is not shabby at all.
    It's a beautiful house. A woman in Buffalo saw the house before I did, and told me it’s a diamond in the rough, and when I went there….she was right. Please stop trying to belittle me.
    The house had tenants before I acquired it. . I had them removed and they did whatever to the house. But thank God they didn’t do too much damage. Just took the furnace and a few pipes.

Yes..the house needs some repairs. But most of all...Just needs some TLC. I can't handle it because of personal reasons beyond my control. So, I'm going to sell it. Why have you decided to take it upon yourself to try to barge into my business. I don't know you and you don't know me.
    Number one, I'm not a guy.

And furthermore, you post the past sales of the house. You should know that just because someone was lucky enough to obtain a house at what seems to be low cost, doesn't mean anything. They could have purchased it from back taxes, or foreclosure, or could have bought it from a relative or they may have obtained the house as a gift. Stop trying to figure out someone elses business, that is not your personal concern.

You claim MSW next to your name. Act professional. Think objectively.
    You could have called me if your concerns were that strong, before you started the badgering. You badger, and then bring others in with you to "VOICE" their opinion, but I was banned. Why? You actually violated my civil rights to face my accusors and defend myself. Can you beat that???

Please stop writing me emails about the house.
    Thank you for the offer to take photos. I have been trying to get someone in Buffalo to do it for me, but with no results. So if you want to do it for me, Thanks. I need some.

You know, I get a lot of calls on the house. And I do remember one particular call. Someone was very interested in the house, but he said he could get a mortgage with no problem; I was not interested in selling to someone who CAN afford to get a house, conventionally. He got very angry. WAS THAT YOU??? If not, then I apologize.

I'm not bothering you. Please stop badgering me. I have the right to sell my house legally, anyway I want. Last I saw, this was America.

I'll probably be banned from this forum, so if I am...May God Bless everyone here. Be safe!!!
    Last edited by pgirhard; May 10th, 2006 at 03:10 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I really should not have to explain anything to anyone. This is a free country for you and I to voice our own opinions. But when it turns to badgering, and banning then it starts crossing another line.
    I was banned without even doing anything or saying anything in this forum.
    OK this make no sense. pgirhard has 1 post. They were never banned nor would I ban them just for trying to sell a property they bought.

Can someone tell me why this person feels they were banned?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    This isn't even a "fixer up". It has no electric service, no water service, no furnace(s) and no hot water tank(s). Having fuses means that the wiring has probably not been seriously upgraded in at least 40 years, and maybe longer!

Even in a better neighborhood, you run don't walk away from this house!
    Linda why would you say the house has fuses if you were never in the home? The poster did make a point.

Where's Mooney?

He's been called out on the carpet.

Hellllllllo?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You claim MSW next to your name. Act professional. Think objectively.
    You could have called me if your concerns were that strong, before you started the badgering. You badger, and then bring others in with you to "VOICE" their opinion, but I was banned. Why? You actually violated my civil rights to face my accusors and defend myself. Can you beat that???
    They must have this site confused with another site or this is a boiler plate response they edited/copied/pasted.

What is MSW?

Who's badgering?

And why do they think they were banned when they are posting?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    OK this make no sense. pgirhard has 1 post. They were never banned nor would I ban them just for trying to sell a property they bought.

Can someone tell me why this person feels they were banned?
    Because you banned my email address s_wms2000@yahoo.com!!!

Mooney is actually Dick Kern. He emailed my personal account badgering me, but left links to this forum and other links that lead me to know who he is. His has an aol address and his electronic signature is Dick Kern MSW. So that's how I know!
    MSW is some kind of social worker.
    Kern has been badgering me all over craigslist and now, someone else named Lee Puch has joined in.
    Why are these two people so worried about my business. They need to Get A Life.
    And Linda, stop commenting what you don't know!!!

You use the following comment in your signature!!
    “If you drive from Schenectady to Niagara Falls, you’ll see an economy that is devastated. It looks like Appalachia. This is not the New York we dream of.” -- Elliott Spitzer, Democratic candidate for NYS governor.

Well then help fix it and stop complaining about it.
    Last edited by pgirhard; May 10th, 2006 at 11:40 AM.

moonshine
    You claim to be selling the house for 25,000, but you aren't. $500/mo for 5 years, plus $3500 down is $33,500. The house is unlivable. No electricity or water. Let's not kid each other. There are two reasons you are offering seller financing:
    1. No investor would ever pay anywhere near $25,000 - $33,500 for the house.
    2. No bank would ever write a mortgage for a house in such disrepair.

So, you're stuck. You've got a house you don't want and won't be able to sell at that price, thus the seller financing. But it doesn't stop there. The sucker (buyer) doesn't even become the legal owner until the note is paid in full. So it's more like a rent to own, not a sale. The buyer does not enjoy any of the benefits of home ownership during the 5 years they are paying the note. Meanwhile you are free to use the home as collateral, risking losing the house and leaving the buyer with nothing to show for all of his payments. Are you going to allow the buyer to put a lien on the house? If so, why not just transfer title and foreclose if the buyer doesn't make payments? You could even sell the note at 80% of it's face value to get your cash up-front.

It makes no difference to me how much you sell the place for. Get as much as you can, but let's call a spade a spade. You are selling an unlivable house at an inflated price to vulnerable people. There's certainly nothing illegal about that and hundreds of people do it every year in Buffalo, but don't expect us to believe you are trying to help the buyer.

Here we go. Headz Up!!!!!
    How do you know the house is not liveable. Have you been there?? I'll give you the permission to go there!! Take the boards off that my ex put on the house to secure it. Go and look around and please take photos. Please take note* There is rubbish in the back yard from us cleaning out the house. So be careful when you go in the yard. Don't want you to get hurt. When you finish scrutinizing the house, please replace the boards. Let me know when you want to do this, and I'll ask Mr. Boone to meet you there. For going out of my way, may I have ome photos???? (smiles)

moonshine
    How do you know the house is not liveable.
    Needs furnace and water tank.
    The duck work is there!!!
    Needs water meter and line.
    Needs one 4" water pipe in basement.
    Needs new back door. Front door needs locks.
    Needs an inspection to make sure the main electricity is ok to turn on from street.
    (The last inspection proved the curcuit breakers and outside meters were in excellent condition). They are new.
    Other things such as switches and ceilings wires just need plastic screw covers on them to prepare for ceiling fixtures.

Both kitchens need work - new sinks minor plumbing.
    Both bathrooms need work - new sinks, toilets minor plumbing.
    Some windows need repair. (There are windows there - need to be installed).
    Ceilings need scraping and painting thru-out.
    Walls need scraping and painting thru-out.
    Hardwood floors need sanding.

Bannister in hall leading to second unit needs repair.
    Debris and trash from cleaning out needs dumpster.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information