Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What is the town up to now?

Payment is due today 3/6/2015 for the still UNFINISHED sidewalk work....Despite going in front of the town board on Feb 2, 2015 pleading my case in which all board members in attendance agreed with me and talking further to Diane after the meeting and via email since and getting a call from Mark Wagner, who is also in agreement we should not be billed until the job is completed...

Me and my neighbors still do not have a letter stating the payment will be deferred until the work is completed.

Diane blames the Highway department.

So who does the highway superintendent report to?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    So who does the highway superintendent report to?
    You mean the Cheektowaga Democratic party Chairman. That is a tough call. You really think the people who need his support come election time are going to scold him?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You mean the Cheektowaga Democratic party Chairman. That is a tough call. You really think the people who need his support come election time are going to scold him?
    Are you saying that the Highway Super reports to the town board?

if so then the subordinate (Highway Super) has power over the board due to their position in the county Dem. party?

Isnt this a enlightening discussion - sort of fits in with "Who does these elected and appointed tax funded players actually work for" ?

So far we found out the Town Attorney(any Town USA) works for the majority players of the Board - not tax payers.

The Supervisor/Mayor doesn't control the Board - he manages Town Affairs and over see's the budget process.

The Board Members are more less the "String Pullers" in Town Hall ! They don't report to the Supervisor and are not accountable to the tax payers.

The Clerk is maybe the true Town Hall power broker - that person runs the day to day - burries the bones that need to be hidden - protects the records so as to not let outsiders see the true deals - and as most listed above - isn't accountable to the tax payers or the Supervisor/Mayor - just the majority Party Members elected or appointed to the Board.

The Highway Boss - Parks Boss and so on are responsible to no one - they aren't accountable to tax payers and usually help protect the "Parties Needs/Agenda".

Sounds like a tax funded extortion racket - the tax payers just get the opportunity to believe their votes count.

Their votes do count - their votes (common tax paying resident) count for about 49% of the elections total vote count
    - the other 2% are those votes cast by Party Loyal tax funded players
    - the election is won by 1% of the overall votes cast.

Hence the two percent is viewed as the "Majority" by default.

What a scam racket these Party Players have going -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Every department in my opinion reports back to the Town Board/Town Supervisor.

If the Town Supervisor is a "supervisor" in name only change the name to "Town meeting coordinator"

At least they are consistent with NYS government standards of not completing any task with a deadline....by the deadline!

Wouldn't "Town Meeting Moderator" be more appropriate ?

Sort of like: a person who presides over a panel discussion on radio or television.
    A presiding officer, as at a public forum, a legislative body.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I found the NYS Local government handbook online...but I can't figure out how to paste the link in here.

NYS Local Government handbook.

See page 62 (72 in adobe) for the definition of the Town "Supervisor"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...87611401,d.eXY

Almost 1yr since the town decided to force sidewalk replacement on my street....it still is not completed!

New sidewalks were half ass installed just before the November storm...then nothing was done due to the never ending winter until about 2 weeks a go when a dump truck came down the street with 2 guys, a wheel barrow and a truck load of some lumpy soil with plenty of clay balls the size of soft balls mixed in it obviously was not screened topsoil...they filled in the ruts next to the new side walk blocks on the west side of the street and 2 houses on the east side of the street but did not do a good job of raking out the lumps and overall did a half ass job with dirt all over the new side walks and lumps of grass and topsoil still on my lawn.

That was almost 2 weeks ago....I don't know why they have not come back to finish putting top soil on the east side of the street and seeding the topsoil on both sides of the street...IMO it is being done by a company that doesn't really give a Sh*? about finishing or the quality of the work

The bills for the incomplete work were sent out months ago.....The highway dept did not send out a letter saying payment was being deferred until June 6th (due the incomplete work) until several days after the original due date of March 6th.

Some of my neighbors have been billed for more side walk blocks then they had replaced. While others like me had blocks marked and replaced that were cracked but level and not a trip hazard...yet some others have blocks that are not cracked but are raised slightly and they were not marked or replaced. That leaves me with the question of....Who made the code up for this other then common sense approach? or maybe the crystal ball was acting up?

I still have not paid and will not pay until they (the town and /or its contractor) finish the job and it is done right!

So someone in charge reading this NEEDS to crack the whip on these SLACKERS BEFORE the 1yr anniversary of this cluster F?*K project!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Pictures of the work....

Electric eye, which streets haven't been finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Towagan13 View Post
    Electric eye, which streets haven't been finished?
    Gabrielle Dr.

Electric, when was the job done? Did the storm have anything to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Pictures of the work....
    I will get some current pictures tomorrow...pictures of the side walk work from last November should be in another thread on here.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information