Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the town up to now?

Building Inspectors office says it is the Highway dept that is over seeing the contractor. So, I have a call into the Highway dept...waiting for a return call.

Apparently the highway dept does not know how to return calls.

2pm and the cement truck rolls up and they will be pouring concrete in 3.5in unleveled forms when the temp is going below freezing tonight....this may not turn out well and I will refuse to pay for less then 4in of concrete that is not level!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Take photos of the work. If you happen to have a level place it on one of the forms and show us.

My camera is taking pictures every 60seconds....the guy in charge gave me a bunch of attitude when I asked him about it....they did dig stone out to make it 4in in front of mine and my neighbors house. As far as a level...it has to be level with the sections they are not replacing so you would need a string to check that... when you look at the forms on 3 or more blocks they have dips and valleys when they should be strait as a rail.

Someone from the highway dept should be watching these guys....but they're not... the highway dept goes home at 2pm!

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Apparently the highway dept does not know how to return calls.

2pm and the cement truck rolls up and they will be pouring concrete in 3.5in unleveled forms when the temp is going below freezing tonight....this may not turn out well and I will refuse to pay for less then 4in of concrete that is not level!

They'll put an old piece of plastic over it to stay warm, that should protect it,

Can't say I didn't see and complain to the town and Kaminski about the **** job before they poured it!
    Here you go....1_20141107_151043.jpg
    Last edited by Electric Eye; November 7th, 2014 at 04:23 PM.

My camera is taking pictures every 60seconds....the guy in charge gave me a bunch of attitude when I asked him about it....they did dig stone out to make it 4in in front of mine and my neighbors house. As far as a level...it has to be level with the sections they are not replacing so you would need a string to check that... when you look at the forms on 3 or more blocks they have dips and valleys when they should be strait as a rail.

Someone from the highway dept should be watching these guys....but they're not... the highway dept goes home at 2pm!
    Shouldn't you be getting the lower priced 6" for the sidewalk that's part of your driveway?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Shouldn't you be getting the lower priced 6" for the sidewalk that's part of your driveway?
    Good point...I should have measured the driveway thickness.

Pickup truck from the town just showed up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can't say I didn't see and complain to the town and Kaminski about the **** job before they poured it!
    Here you go....1_20141107_151043.jpg
    Isn't that a little bump in front of the tree?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Isn't that a little bump in front of the tree?
    Yes, a "bump" on the left side followed by a dip on the left side....because they didn't level the forms!

Kaminsky ALWAYS returns my calls and gets my garbage picked up when the lazy ass union garbage men decide they don't want to take what's at the curb.
    Just curious if Kamisky called you back about your sidewalk complaints when you put the call into him

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Just curious if Kamisky called you back about your sidewalk complaints when you put the call into him
    Yes, he did at 6:15pm yesterday. I have his cell phone number.

Yes, he did at 6:15pm yesterday. I have his cell phone number.
    Why didn't he take care of the problem before they laid the concrete?

Everyone left...no plastic was put down, hopefully it wont freeze.

The dip is not as bad as it looks in the picture because that part of the sidewalk is formed to go around the tree and that gives the illusion of it being higher at the wider segment and lower at the narrower. Which it is but not as bad as it looked out my window.

They still have the rest of the street to go and most...if not all of that is done with 2x4 forms for 3.5in slabs unless they remove stone and re-grade like they did with mine.

Better prep would make for a better finish but that takes time. These guys could care less....if they did they would use all 4in steel forms which are straighter then a wooden 2x4.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information