Thread: Peeling the layers away

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You really need to be careful here. You start peeling away the layers you find out more than you want to know.
    we SHOULD be peeling away the layers. why stop now what are you afraid we will find

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What we are going to find is incompetence, waste, nepotism and basically why in some ways our property taxes are as high as they are.

It would be in the best interest of us property/business owners to do so.

We can bring some of the items we have heard to light but I'd rather not do anything that would jeopardize nailing their butts. We really need to think about the best way to go about doing it.

I also don't believe in rewarding incompetence or poor judgement as they did with the Superintendent of a local school district. We just read in the news a Superintendent was given 100k after being asked to step down from their position.

I vote - Rip - peel schred back those layers - let the facts fly and watch the rats squirm when dragged into the light !

If their cheating the tax payer - gaming the tax funded system - gaining personal from any vote they make - throw them to the wolves.

They would not hesitate to ruin the lives or reputation of anyone who they even perceive to have a chance at interfering with their games. - Why are we so reluctant to stand up ?

Some people tend to turn a blind eye when it comes to close to home, or to someone they support or a tax funded project they like - you cant - stand for something or fall for everything .

Its not as easy as it sounds - you will be ridiculed - slandered - you will find road bumps where none appeared before. Start filling freedom of information requests - ask questions - see what happens ! Let everyone read about what you find -

Good luck to anyone who dares stand up -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

If their cheating the tax payer - gaming the tax funded system - gaining personal from any vote they make - throw them to the wolves.
    "If their cheating the tax payer"

If they don't get caught I suppose they feel they are not cheating the tax payer otherwise they wouldn't do it. Hey if it only cost each tax payer a quarter what is the harm... Right? It's only a quarter. What the cheaters don't realize if that there are a lot of cheaters and it adds up.

" gaming the tax funded system"

Contracts were setup by those who may benefit from those contracts. They don't see it as gaming the system. They see it as "my contract states I can do this".

"gaining personal from any vote they make"

I don't know what that means.. Do you mean honest graft?

What if you peeled back the layers on how and why officials voted on rezones and service contracts?

Should it be made public if a tax funded employee or elected/appointed official has a financial stake in a company or business that provides a service or product they vote on ?

Should public officials or tax funded employees who recommend or vote on rezones expose their financial interests in those rezone approvals ?

Should elected/appointed or tax funded employees and officials be penalized for not filing full financial disclosures - what should be the punishment ?

Keep peeling...

I say its the responsibility to keep digging and peeling. Whether its venting on this site, or FOIL requests, writing letters, bugging our elected officials, etc. Its time that everyone payed by the taxpayer be held responsible if they are screwing the system.

Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    I say its the responsibility to keep digging and peeling. Whether its venting on this site, or FOIL requests, writing letters, bugging our elected officials, etc. Its time that everyone payed by the taxpayer be held responsible if they are screwing the system.
    weren't you the one just a couple weeks ago talking about our "lovely town" and only going after two elected officials in our town......Mark Wegner and Dianne?

Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    First id like to start this post by saying that from what ive read and been told that it is probably for the Best That Frank Max retired. I'm truthfully pretty happy with the way the Town is headed and what is being done overall (not completely) with our tax money. We have some of the BEST Parks and services in the state! I think the Garbage Totes was one of the best ideas that we have seen in a long, long time! Finally it works! I think we have a lot to be thankful for in this town or we wouldn't live here. I think the good outweighs the bad. I recently started posting on here and can not believe the responses and people that write in here and actually care about our town. I also want to state that whether we want to admit it or not Cheektowaga has had a huge success with business' staying, coming and expanding in the town. What I do find insulting and has me on the hinge of will I stay forever in the town (always thought I would) is some and I say some of the Town employees and elected officials. I actually wanted to vomit when I heard our highway superintendant admit to lending our equipment (which we convered as much as I want to in another). You would have to be brain dead not to see a crime here. A councilman admit he was so uninformed/ignorant that he didn't need to claim his salary against his unemployment benefits. And finally sitting councilwoman who stood up for, and backed him...no moral compass! So all in all I could go on and on about what is good and what is bad...but I do believe the good far outweighs the bad. Now we all just have to sit back and see if our town actually gets back to the business of being responsible civic leaders and doing what we pay them to do! In closing I think it about time that someone outside of the Town of Cheektowaga looks into all the goings on in the town.
    i hope you will include your lovely jerry kaminsky and mary holtz as a part of our elected officials we should be questioning for not going after max sooner and allowing him to steal from us taxpayers for years. i heard kaminsky and sons trucking is continuing to do business with the town. let's see who will do something about that?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    weren't you the one just a couple weeks ago talking about our "lovely town" and only going after two elected officials in our town......Mark Wegner and Dianne?

i hope you will include your lovely jerry kaminsky and mary holtz as a part of our elected officials we should be questioning for not going after max sooner and allowing him to steal from us taxpayers for years. i heard kaminsky and sons trucking is continuing to do business with the town. let's see who will do something about that?
    Jim Jerry and Mary. Time for them to go. Thank them for their service and time to move on.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Red the red box.... "You can't let the fox...."

Well I guess you have more information than anyone else on here...So why don't you share? As far as I can see the only ones that any us have seen is doing wrong, factual is Mark Wegner? Correct? Or did I not hear him correctly on WIVB? So lets take your stand and have everyone investigated? Ill agree with you whats good for one is good for all!

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post

If you "target" one group or Party - that's wrong - then your no better than those cheating the communittee.

Peel back the layers - exspose the entire story - factualy and let the tax payers judge. People are so used to the imagined needs of a bloated Government.

Those who complain and say, "We will lose representation" - that's completely false and self serveing. Is there certain Council Members assigned to represent certain sections of your Town ?

If you live in the Union/Vern Lane area - who is your Board Rep ? -

The reality is just the opposite - the Council Members don't want assigned districts - this way you cant hold anyone responsible if you have a issue.

They create "titles for Committees" - yet the only time that seems to matter is when the Clerk assigns who proposes what items on the Town Board agenda.
    This way they can act as if the Councilman actually accomplished some thing ! This is mostly a scam - the work was done by others in Town/Village Hall - the assignment of the proposed amendment is often the first time the Councilman/women ever even heard of the proposed actions to be under taken.

Want proof - how many times have you read or heard when people ask a question at local meetings : "This is the first I heard of this - I haven't had time to actually investigate this - I was assigned the amendment" - and that answer is given during a meeting when the Board is presenting a resolution or amendment listed under their name at that official meeting.

Ask your self one question - what do these people do - what are they actualy/factualy responsible for ?

Thread Information