Thread: Duplication and why?

Duplication and why?

Word is that Patchin fire company purchased a utv, trailer and a truck to pull it with. Doesnt Boston fire company already have that stuff? Wouldnt it make more sense to get into something different that neither of the other companies are involved in? That way, if either of the companies need equipment they dont have, they can call the other for it if needed. Only difference I can see is that apparently Patchin had tracks put on theirs, wouldnt it make more sense to talk to boston about adding tracks for snow to something they already own and patchin spending the money on a different item that benefits the town?

Just my opinion,
    I_know_too_much

Years ago each department had their own specialty to bring to the table. North Boston was known for extrication and hydrant operations, Patchin had the only ladder truck and air bags, Boston was good at getting water from alternative sources and had a Utility vehicle. It seems as time goes on departments just decide whats the latest cool toys to have and dont put much thought into what exactly is the most beneficial to the residents of the town.

I suggest you both volunteer and put an end to this nonsense once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    How does that solve the problem?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I do volunteer "grump". I am a soccer coach, and on PTA at my sons school when I'm not working overtime to provide as a single father. I have the right to point out an obvious flaw regarding a purchase I see as unnecessary, paid with my tax dollars, and discuss with others their feelings on it. I am not being demeaning to anyone or discussing anything other than a single purchase.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by I_know_too_much View Post
    Word is that Patchin fire company purchased a utv, trailer and a truck to pull it with. Doesnt Boston fire company already have that stuff? Wouldnt it make more sense to get into something different that neither of the other companies are involved in? That way, if either of the companies need equipment they dont have, they can call the other for it if needed. Only difference I can see is that apparently Patchin had tracks put on theirs, wouldnt it make more sense to talk to boston about adding tracks for snow to something they already own and patchin spending the money on a different item that benefits the town?

Just my opinion,
    I_know_too_much
    What make / model utv?

What trailer did they get to go with it?

What truck was purchased along with what opinions?

How much was the entire purchase or is it on a payment plan?

How much will the insurance cost per year including registration fees each year?

Where will the truck/trailer/utv be stored until an emergency happens or will it be given to a volunteer to drive around to be ready in a moments notice?

Quote Originally Posted by I_know_too_much View Post
    I do volunteer "grump". I am a soccer coach, and on PTA at my sons school when I'm not working overtime to provide as a single father. I have the right to point out an obvious flaw regarding a purchase I see as unnecessary, paid with my tax dollars, and discuss with others their feelings on it. I am not being demeaning to anyone or discussing anything other than a single purchase.
    Scrap the rest & volunteer as a firefighter. Then you can put a stop to this silly duplication. You haven't pointed out the "obvious flaw" other than the fact that you question it. That doesn't mean it's flawed; it just means you don't like it. You have a right to point out out anything you like. So do I and I'm pointing out that you can address your concern by volunteering and putting an end to it. Do you really believe you're going to get an answer on this website? Did you call anyone involved to try and get an answer to your questions?

What may I ask is your vendetta? Becoming a volunteer is not always the answer, some people cannot. As I stated, I am a single father, I already do what I can with him by coaching soccer, and trying to raise him on my own. Do you suggest I leave a 7 year old at home alone so I can join a fire company or keep him in day care all day in case I have to respond to something? Mr. Grump, I am a proud father and do whatever I can for my number 1 priority, my son.

This post was not meant to start something you turned it into, I simply posted something I did not agree with and was looking for input from other residents in town regarding their thoughts on it. I dont have a lot of extra money in my situation, and If I see something that I believe my tax dollars were unesessarily spent on, I have the right to simply discuss it with others. If people dont keep an eye on what their tax dollars are spent on, things can get out of hand fast.

Based on your reply of "end it by becoming a volunteer" Then anyone who does not like something any political figure does should not be allowed to voice an opinion on it unless they run against them at the next election.

If you dont like what I have to say, Dont read it!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What make / model utv?

What trailer did they get to go with it?

What truck was purchased along with what opinions?

How much was the entire purchase or is it on a payment plan?

How much will the insurance cost per year including registration fees each year?

Where will the truck/trailer/utv be stored until an emergency happens or will it be given to a volunteer to drive around to be ready in a moments notice?
    I was hoping someone else would be able to give more specifics on this, All I heard was a tracked UTV, Trailer and a new Ford Pickup.

I dont believe fire companies are required to register their vehices if its used for company business, so that would not cost anything, but there would probably be an increase in insurance rates with it.

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks on the rest.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm pretty sure all vehicles have to be registered.

Before anyone can go whining about it you need details.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm pretty sure all vehicles have to be registered.

Before anyone can go whining about it you need details.
    Fire Apparatus/ vehicles in New York State do not need to be registered if it has the proper identification as belonging to the fire company and is used for related business. I googled it.

As for the details, I was hoping to find out here.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So I know too much...

Did you find out what equipment was purchased?

So the OP wants to stir the pot, But has no actual information on the topic in question?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There is nothing wrong with mixing the pot. Specially if the money is being spent is tax payer money.

We have families in Erie County/NYS that benefit far better keeping money in their very own pockets versus having "government" spend it for them.

Everyone should contribute to their community but that money should still be spent wisely

I one hundred percent agree. Especially in small government. But i don't believe in taking money away from, or attacking fire departments, police departments, highway departments, ems squads, etc. for spending the little bit of money they get from us. After all their services directly affects us. Shouldn't we be more concerned about where the big money is going? What about NASA that spent 17.647 Billion last year (2014) on studying Rocks. (NASA.gov) Or the $40.3 million in erroneous payments to deceased beneficiaries? (CNN)

Thread Information