Thread: Fios TV

Fios TV

When will Verizon and the Town allow us with fios internet to get have fios TV?

I have two smart TV's and a only Verizon DSL internet and with a Flat antenna I get 51 Stations. With ROKU upstairs I get thousands of movie and other types of stations. For phone is you have a internet connection use Vonage. What you pay for FIOS is a ripoff, also check to see if you are getting the internet connection you are told you should have ( : < ))

Yes, but I think having fios as an option would put pressure on both to lower prices. When I lived in an area that had fios, TW always offered a "retention" special. Since moving to a non-fios area, I never get the "retention" special.

When my special pricing expires I just terminate the enhanced cable TV service because although it is worth it at the special pricing, it is not worth it at full price. Then after a few months they offer me the special price again to upgrade. Sometimes I take it, sometimes I just stay at the basic level (just to avoid fussing with antennas.)

It Is not about the money aspect for me ...It Is about Already having the FIOS line going to my house, Paying for fios internet and phone and getting ads from fios telling me I can upgrade to a package with TV for less then $10 more then what I am paying.

All Verizon has to do is send me the set top box and activate it...because I'm already wired and a fios customer....BUT THEY WON'T!....they tell me it is not available. I assume based on my zip code which translates to ...They do not have a "Cable Franchise" agreement with the town of Cheektowaga.

The town several years go said they wanted fios in the town (it already is on the border with West Seneca)....but no new news about it for many years now.....fios claims it's the towns fault.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm still curious why there are franchise fees for cable companies. What was the point of that to begin with?

I was told NEVER, Verizon doesn't want Cheektowaga and time Warner keeps stopping them from doing it and Cheektowaga board said no OR we would have had it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    When will Verizon and the Town allow us with fios internet to get have fios TV?
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Never Is probably the correct answer as my research has shown that Verizon put the brakes on any fios expansion anywhere period.

BUT that does not apply to those of us that already have fios internet and phone....we already have the line ran to our houses. Just give us the box and turn it on.

The question still remains why they won't allow us to have fios TV? is it politics?

Thread Information