I found it absolutely stunning the total lack of interest in the proposed tax hike for the Town of Holland. At first, I had heard it would be around $66.00 per $100,000 Town Property Tax increase. But NO!! It gets WORSE!!! in the minutes of the September Town Board Meeting, it was said that the Town Property Tax increase would now be $100 to $102 per $100,000 of Assessed valuation !! :-( They said that they cut everywhere they could . Anyone that reads the proposed 2015 Budget, can see that , yes, they did cut a lot of things, but they certainly could have cut a LOT more!!

Examples:

1. HEALTHCARE : The Town of Holland has budgeted over $96,000 for employee healthcare. WHY not have the Town employees switch over to the ACA and take them off the tax rolls. Over $96,000 could be taken out of the budget if this were done!!

2. Culture and Economic Assistance. One of the many places that they help fund is the BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB !! To the tune of $22,500 !! That is Town TAXPAYERS MONEY!! That place should be self sufficient in it's finances. If it needs outside money, then they should look to private or Corporate donations.

They said they did not seek a pay raise. Well, why did none of them offer to have a SALARY DECREASE ??

I don't know why the Voters in the Town did not voice their opposition to the Budget and the property Tax increase. What good is a Property Tax cap , if the Town Board can override it ?