Thread: Local News Stations are a bore

Local News Stations are a bore

I normally don't watch the local news, since they repeat the same story over and over for two days.If I do I normally watch Channel 4. They provide the most experienced news crews, and some hotties too. (Melissa Holmes, Ellen Maxwell,ah). Anyways, can they ever just have a newscast with regards to LOCAL News. I don't need world news, that is what CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, and the countless other Cable News outlets are for.
    They need to focus there 30 minutes(okay 22 minutes) on local news.
    Secondly, the top stories don't always have to be about the Buffalo Bills or that Buffalo connection to the world calamity taking place. Buffalo media is so good with that one.
    If there's a Hurricane, they call upon a Buffalo expat,
    , Supreme Court Chief Justice-lived here when he was 1 month old (I'm embelishing)etc.
    I would like to see 22 minutes devoted to Local issues only, keep the weather,and KILL THE TRAFFIC REPORTS. We all know the traffic jams in the morning and afternoon, I-90 at the Rt.33, I-290 at the Water Tower, I-90 at the Rt.400, the inbound/outbound Rt. 5, and as always the Rt.33-Rt.198. That's it. You don't NEED TRAFFIC REPORTS!!!!!! PERIOD!! It's sad enough they have traffic planes. It's Buffalo, not D.C.!
    Wouldn't it be nice. We had a station like that WB49, but the were axed last month. It's lonely at 10PM without that gorgeous Kelly Kraft whipping her hair around, talking about the local news. Oh well.

I agree with you on many points. I also don't think it is appropriate for the FIRST ITEM on a newscast to be about SPORTS. The first items should be most important, as in things related to public safety or the government or something more "serious."

And, as previous posts on here have shown, many are displeased with the news coverage in WNY in general-- be it on television or in print.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Thread Information