Thread: Hey, Mr./Ms. Recreation Department... !!

Hey, Mr./Ms. Recreation Department... !!

If you list that you're gonna be open... BE OPEN for gosh sakes!

I arrived at the Amherst Pepsi Center at 12:46pm today (Sat, Aug 15, 2009). The Recreation Department was closed and locked as tight as could be. Um, dudes, your taxpayer paid for website [ http://www.amherst.ny.us/govt/govt_d...ept_id=dept_17 ] says the following...

Recreation Department (Amherst Pepsi Center)
    Hours of Operation
    Mon-Thu (8:45 AM - 6:45 PM)
    Fri (8:45 AM - 8:45 PM)
    Sat (12:30 PM - 8:15 PM)
    Sun Closed

I now understand that the department intentionally changed their hours... but didn't correct the listing. That just sucks guys!
    Sheesh!

PS & BTW: If yer gonna make a play of, well, I was a rare bird that got inconvenienced by your shoddy attention to accuracy, save it. In the, probably, eight minutes that I was there, a solo woman was faced with the same... as well as a guy with three little tikes in tow. Imagine how many others might be subjected to this during the balance of today alone. Victimless mistake... I think not! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    If you list that you're gonna be open... BE OPEN for gosh sakes!

I arrived at the Amherst Pepsi Center at 12:46pm today (Sat, Aug 15, 2009). The Recreation Department was closed and locked as tight as could be. Um, dudes, your taxpayer paid for website [ http://www.amherst.ny.us/govt/govt_d...ept_id=dept_17 ] says the following...

Hours of Operation
    Mon-Thu (8:45 AM - 6:45 PM)
    Fri (8:45 AM - 8:45 PM)
    Sat (12:30 PM - 8:15 PM)
    Sun Closed

I now understand that the department intentionally changed their hours... but didn't correct the listing. That just sucks guys!
    Sheesh!

PS & BTW: If yer gonna make a play of, well, I was a rare bird that got inconvenienced by your shoddy attention to accuracy, save it. In the, probably, eight minutes that I was there, a solo woman was faced with the same... as well as a guy with three little tikes in tow. Imagine how many others might be subjected to this during the balance of today alone. Victimless mistake... I think not! Ugh!

It was smart to put your comment on here, cuz the person in question is much more likely to read it here than if you emailed tham (as indicated on the Town website.) I have contacted a couple of departments via their town emails and it took at least a month to get a response from anyone. Not impressive. But I believe they ALL read SUWNY!

Hahahahhahahhaaaaaaaa!

So the brainiacs involved with the Recreation Department finally adjusted the hours posted on their WebSite. Dig how the Saturday hours are listed. I'm curious, do the leaders of the Recreation department have high school diploma's? 'Cause I kinda think they should know how to proofread (or, should I say, proophreed? heh).

Hours of Operation
    Mon-Fri (8:45 AM - 6:45 PM)
    Sat (10:00 PM - 1:45 PM)
    Sun Closed

Soooooo, we hire the best, huh?

Thread Information