Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Towns budget shows decrease

Towns budget shows decrease

The tentative budget calls for a decrease of 3.94 % and a reduction of $204,648 in the tax levey.
    The proposed spending plan has a annual decrease of of $65.76 for the average tax bill on a house assessed at $100,000.00
    omg holtz said. holtz...Each year I try to find a balance between providing high quality services our residents have come to expect while keeping the taxes as low as possible.
    she better do something or more people will leave the town.
    She didn't blame her employees to much oh that's who she blames only when taxes go up. Not crying about pension cost and she gets a big one plus a check but cried a little on health care, why all unions are now paying into their HC costs.. .
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    The tentative budget calls for a decrease of 3.94 % and a reduction of $204,648 in the tax levey.
    The proposed spending plan has a annual decrease of of $65.76 for the average tax bill on a house assessed at $100,000.00
    omg holtz said. holtz...Each year I try to find a balance between providing high quality services our residents have come to expect while keeping the taxes as low as possible.
    She didn't blame her employees to much oh that's who she blames only when taxes go up. Not crying about pension cost and she gets a big one plus a check but cried a little on health care, why all unions are now paying into their HC costs.. .
    Wait a minute! What the heck! Oh, that's right, if I'm not mistaken; Is this an election year?
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Correct - standard election year tricks you guys use - Kettle calling the pot black - Hey Mike !

I know you have been busy lately but - I know your buddy tried to muddle the issue but - could you answer the question :

You forgot to answer this one - are you consulting before you answer or are you going to avoid it _ -

The past Depew councilmembers removed the code relating to the KFC issue - after hearing about the neighbors complaints and a judge fined KFC - lets now imagine you were on the Board at that time - how would you have voted on removing that code ? yes or no ?

Could you just answer that ? Come on Mike - answer
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I thought I had to proof read before hitting the post button.

I don't think the numbers are correct.

If the budget went down $204,648 did the school part of our town taxes stay the same? or increase? The important number is the TOTAL TAX a property owner is charged to live in their home. If "school taxes" are not part of the town then I say we look for a new group of people to run our schools and start over. Find another group that might have better results for a lower cost.

Anyone know how many taxable properties there are in Cheektowaga?

$204,648 / $65.76 = 3,112 "$100,000 properties"

There has to be more than 3,112 taxable properties in Cheektowaga. Anyone know what the actual number of taxable properties are?

I think the "estimates" the Cheektowaga Democratic Party endorsed board members put out are usually wrong.

This is a letter we received March 2014 showing the "Decrease in Estimated Taxes"

When taking the Tax Liability from 2013 to 2014 the actual numbers worked out this way.

Town taxes went up $16.09 and School taxes went down -$91.65 for a difference of -$75.56. These numbers came directly off the tax bills. A far cry from a decrease of -$319

I know they are only estimates but they were off about 400%

Each year I try to find a balance between providing high quality services our residents have come to expect while keeping the taxes as low as possible.
    This bs has to finally stop. "What high quality services" is Mary referring to that other towns dont' have?

Is there a table for 2014 that compares taxes paid per 100,000 for our local towns?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here's a question

Why would Mary file our town budget with the town clerk before our town board can go through the budget with fine tooth comb?

By doing this, any changes that should be made require a majority vote on our town board on any line item. Why do this in the first place and add these steps?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    2014 Budget was $86,750,310

2015 Budget is $87,363,142 with an increase of $612,832 or .71% increase.

Looks like the reassessment of all the commercial properties this year caused more money to be in the tax base to offset the tax levy. Yes our tax levy went down, but spending went up

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    Is there a table for 2014 that compares taxes paid per 100,000 for our local towns?
    Here's the county/town/school - http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/sites/ww...Comparison.pdf

Here's the school 2013-14 - http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/sites/ww...hool Rates.pdf
    Last edited by gorja; October 13th, 2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Had the wrong link

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    On page 10,883 it says taxable parcels - 28,542
    I don't know if that is the right figure.

http://www.tocny.org/Portals/0/Depar...nal%20Roll.pdf

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I thought I had to proof read before hitting the post button.

I don't think the numbers are correct.

If the budget went down $204,648 did the school part of our town taxes stay the same? or increase? The important number is the TOTAL TAX a property owner is charged to live in their home. If "school taxes" are not part of the town then I say we look for a new group of people to run our schools and start over. Find another group that might have better results for a lower cost.

$204,648 / $65.76 = 3,112 "$100,000 properties"

There has to be more than 3,112 taxable properties in Cheektowaga. Anyone know what the actual number of taxable properties are?

I think the "estimates" the Cheektowaga Democratic Party endorsed board members put out are usually wrong.

This is a letter we received March 2014 showing the "Decrease in Estimated Taxes"

When taking the Tax Liability from 2013 to 2014 the actual numbers worked out this way.

Town taxes went up $16.09 and School taxes went down -$91.65 for a difference of -$75.56. These numbers came directly off the tax bills. A far cry from a decrease of -$319

I know they are only estimates but they were off about 400%

This bs has to finally stop. "What high quality services" is Mary referring to that other towns dont' have?

not sure on the service must be everyone taking a town car home and using it for personal business. now that's a service..
    not sure res just what I read in the bee... looks like holtz's might be playing games if your right. she filed it with the clerk because she knows it will pass said and done deal She has to do something before cheek loses more people. highest taxed town in WNY.

Queen Holtz

I see that in the budget that the town has a reduction in employees. That's not a bad thing but I did notice that it was actually the working grunts that are not being replace. Why not office employees or better yet Queen holtz your own office workers you know the ones that has retired from the town already and collecting a pension but yet collect a pay check every week? I was told these females that retired from the clerks office and youth and rec are all queen holtz friends.

I as well wonder if Queen Holtz would be willing to post her office workers Salary here on speakupwny

Why not as well - post the salaries, benefits and past tax funded service records along with pensions being collected at present - of every Town Employee ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is already listed on seethroughny.org

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Why not as well - post the salaries, benefits and past tax funded service records along with pensions being collected at present - of every Town Employee ?
    that's old find a name and post it very easy.. wait until you see what cops make and their pensions.. more take home cars.

res todays paper..

Increased revenue and the use of fund balance are offsetting increased spending in Cheektowaga’s tentative budget for 2015, resulting in 3.94 percent drop in the property tax rate.

“The rate is down further due to stronger assessments,” noted Brian Krause, director of administration and finance. (he is a holtz kiss ass) “The actual increase in assessments has come through commercial (properties).”

Krause went through the approximately $87.36 million budget with lawmakers at a recent Town Board work session. A public hearing is scheduled for Oct. 28; any changes to the budget would occur before then.

Under the proposed budget, the total average tax bill for a house assessed at $100,000 would be $1,603.16, down $65.76 from this year.

For the past 20 or more years, property in Cheektowaga was assessed at 100 percent, but the town had an equalization rate of 62 percent that was set by the state to ensure equitable property tax allocation among taxing jurisdictions, among other things.

Under that old system, a home assessed at $62,000 had a full market value of $100,000. With the switch to full-market assessments earlier this year, a house with a market value of $62,000 is assessed at that level.

The 2014-15 school tax bills, which are due today, were the first to incorporate the change.

Increases in commercial assessments occurred without significant challenges, officials said.

“The major ones aren’t fighting it,” Town Supervisor Mary F. Holtz said. “For the amount of commercials that we revalued – a very small amount.”

The town’s total assessed value is roughly $5.4 billion, with tax exemptions of approximately $894.51 million – or 16.56 percent of the total, according to an assessor’s report included in budget document

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    res todays paper..

Increased revenue and the use of fund balance are offsetting increased spending in Cheektowaga’s tentative budget for 2015, resulting in 3.94 percent drop in the property tax rate.

“The rate is down further due to stronger assessments,” noted Brian Krause, director of administration and finance. (he is a holtz kiss ass) “The actual increase in assessments has come through commercial (properties).”

Krause went through the approximately $87.36 million budget with lawmakers at a recent Town Board work session. A public hearing is scheduled for Oct. 28; any changes to the budget would occur before then.

Under the proposed budget, the total average tax bill for a house assessed at $100,000 would be $1,603.16, down $65.76 from this year.

2014 Budget was $86,750,310

2015 Budget is $87,363,142 with an increase of $612,832 or .71% increase.

Looks like the reassessment of all the commercial properties this year caused more money to be in the tax base to offset the tax levy. Yes our tax levy went down, but spending went up

This is the issue. Spending went up and our town used some of the buffer saved over the years to offset some of the budget.

Some properties had their assessments increase which in turn raised their taxes. Right?

Is this what Brian meant by stronger?

“The rate is down further due to stronger assessments,” noted Brian Krause

The town’s total assessed value is roughly $5.4 billion, with tax exemptions of approximately $894.51 million – or 16.56 percent of the total, according to an assessor’s report included in budget document
    What are the 16.56 percent? Non profits and churches?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information